Hello from a Spartan

I'm excited for this matchup. Looks to be an old-fashioned grind it out game. I'm envisioning something like a 16-13 game either way. If you have any questions about MSU's team (personnel, matchups, schemes, etc.) then have at it!

I've got a few questions too:

- Your OL has been abused by injuries (MSU has had similar luck in 2011 and 2012). Are you expecting anyone back? I know Long is out for the season, but is Cotton(?) expected to be back?

- Is Abdullah 100%? I saw he left briefly against UM but returned.

- How confident are you in your new younger QB(s)? TA is 5-0 but also has been a bit turnover prone. Does he still have a short leash?

Welcome to the board.

- I don't think we're getting any linemen back this week. Probably a week or two yet.

- Abdullah is nicked up but should be fine.

- It's either TA or Kellogg at QB. Those are the only options right now. TA will play most of the game with Kellogg likely getting a series or two.

Welcome to the board.

- I don't think we're getting any linemen back this week. Probably a week or two yet.

- It's either TA or Kellogg at QB. Those are the only options right now. TA will play most of the game with Kellogg likely getting a series or two.

Is it more of a 2 QB system or is it more like "if you suck you'll get pulled"?

Welcome to the board.

IF you can get if figured out..........please enlighten the rest of us............!

• Fire 3

The only person who I could potentially see coming back on our OL is Jake Cotton but I believe that is a long shot.

It is fair to say that TA is a bit turnover prone to this point, however the coaches continue to call his number and put the football in his hands. I would imagine the gameplan is going to be hit you guys with a lot of speed option football to stretch you laterally then we will try to pound it with Ameer.

Abdullah is going to be fine. A week of rest and he'll be good.

Welcome to the board.

No, it's more that Armstrong is a freshman while Kellogg is a senior. Armstrong gets a lot of leeway as he'll be in the mix for the next three years. Kellogg gets some time for being part of the program for five years and to allow for a little extra coaching for a young kid. If Armstrong plays poorly, Kellogg will get more time but it's his job to lose.

Welcome to the board.

In my opinion, I didn't disagree with going with Kellogg last game when we did. If we were going to get him a series in order for TA to be coached on the sideline at some of the things Michigan was doing defensively that was the time. Who knows? Maybe Coach Beck saw something they were doing differently than we had scouted and that was the reason we pulled him for that series.

• Fire 1

I'm excited for this matchup. Looks to be an old-fashioned grind it out game. I'm envisioning something like a 16-13 game either way. If you have any questions about MSU's team (personnel, matchups, schemes, etc.) then have at it!

I've got a few questions too:

- Your OL has been abused by injuries (MSU has had similar luck in 2011 and 2012). Are you expecting anyone back? I know Long is out for the season, but is Cotton(?) expected to be back?

- Is Abdullah 100%? I saw he left briefly against UM but returned.

- How confident are you in your new younger QB(s)? TA is 5-0 but also has been a bit turnover prone. Does he still have a short leash?

Welcome to the board. Hopefully you'll stick around after Saturday :)

Mavric got most of the answers down pretty good. Unfortunately our linemen keep dropping like flies - but on the same note, fortunately the two-deep guys have stepped in and continued to play better than any of us could really have hoped for.

Tommy has some moxy and some intangibles, but has really shown himself to be a freshman. I'm quite nervous what your absolutely suffocating defense will do to him but hopefully Beck is due to craft an excellent game plan.

Michigan State's D is going to confuse the hell out of Tommy, IMO. I think we'll see how good of a QB coach and play caller Beck is this week. Armstrong should be eating, sleeping, walking around watching and dissecting film of MSU's D. Make no mistake, I guarantee they will force at least 1, maybe 2, turnovers. It's about NOT letting those turnovers be returned for TDs, as if they aren't returned for TDs, I feel confident that we will force field goals against that offense of theirs.

*I'm pretty surprised we haven't pulled any redshirts yet on the OL...I think that is a testament to our depth right there. Losing 3? I think linemen and we still don't have to use any redshirts? That's pretty impressive. I hope it stays that way.

SpartanMacks -- welcome to the board.

I think you are right, people in the lower parts of the stadium on Saturday will be able to feel the hitting I suspect. Very exciting game. This is what I was hoping for when the Huskers moved to the BIG...lots of games with high profile teams that create excitement and good old bloody nose football.

Best of luck. Are you coming to Lincoln for the game?

I have a feeling the only way we are scoring a touchdown this weekend is if it's done by the defense. I wish I could have more confidence in the offense, but I don't think it's going to go well for that side of the ball.

We might need a SJB or Evans pick 6 to win this one.

Both teams might... The way both defenses are playing... Fortunately our O is better than theirs so I think we have a shot to score with our skill positions. Conversely, they have a great defense and ours is just starting to click. Going to be very interesting. I'm not so sure I wouldn't line up in four wide sets and run it out of that set. Hope to see a lot of option football.

Michigan State's D is going to confuse the hell out of Tommy, IMO. I think we'll see how good of a QB coach and play caller Beck is this week. Armstrong should be eating, sleeping, walking around watching and dissecting film of MSU's D. Make no mistake, I guarantee they will force at least 1, maybe 2, turnovers. It's about NOT letting those turnovers be returned for TDs, as if they aren't returned for TDs, I feel confident that we will force field goals against that offense of theirs.

*I'm pretty surprised we haven't pulled any redshirts yet on the OL...I think that is a testament to our depth right there. Losing 3? I think linemen and we still don't have to use any redshirts? That's pretty impressive. I hope it stays that way.

We'll likely stall and kick a lot of FGs early. I expect a fair share of turnovers from TA considering his past record. This defense is very oppotunistic and will try to convert those for scores in any way possible. MSU has had similar injury luck on the OL for 2011 and 2012, but it's paid off in 2013 due to the young guys getting experience.

SpartanMacks -- welcome to the board.

I think you are right, people in the lower parts of the stadium on Saturday will be able to feel the hitting I suspect. Very exciting game. This is what I was hoping for when the Huskers moved to the BIG...lots of games with high profile teams that create excitement and good old bloody nose football.

Best of luck. Are you coming to Lincoln for the game?

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it due to prior engagements. I definitely want to make it down sometime though, i've heard it's a great gameday experience.

I have a feeling the only way we are scoring a touchdown this weekend is if it's done by the defense. I wish I could have more confidence in the offense, but I don't think it's going to go well for that side of the ball.

We might need a SJB or Evans pick 6 to win this one.

It's entirely possible, but for the most part MSU has (surprisingly) been pretty good at not turning the ball over. Our sophomore QB Connor Cook has a 13 TD/3 INT ratio. That said, it's a hostile road environment and a good pass rush.