what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

I learned that Ameer is a baller. He just wants to win games so badly, after the first few turnovers in the first half he was running very hard and trying to make something happen. He needs more credit and recognition from the country. He ran for 120 yards on the nations "best" defense.

Not sure I learned this from this game but our team has incredible heart and a will to win. Turning the ball over 5 times and still being within reach to win the game. Playing football I know that you can get down just after 1 turn over and it's easy to quit. Did any one else notice how after Bo just got done screaming at a defensive player on the sideline Q went up to Bo and exchanged some words. To me, at first Bo seemed mad at what ever Q was saying then kinda lightened up. What a ballsy move by Q and I hope the younger players take notice. I know people want Bo fired because of how consistent we are with not winning in big games, having dumb penalties and turning the ball over. However, winning 9 games a year is just impressive while having the highest team GPA. Yes, he missed on his first couple recruiting classes and is forced to play young players but it's obvious to see that they are improving big time since the begging of the year and how is recruiting classes in the past couple years has been great.

1) In a strange way, Pelini may have saved his job as we now won't suffer a national stage beatdown from Ohio State. MSU is not that good and Ohio State is going to demolish them in the BIG Championship. So, instead of us getting blasted by OSU in the championship we literally gave that opportunity to Sparty.

2) We gave this game away with 5 turnovers. Still SLOPPY.

3) Where was Q? In a big game when we need a physical presence, disappointed he didn't step up.

4) The officiating was horrendous...but that is all muted because of the 5 turnovers.

5) Sparty was clutch on 3rd down. Picked on our weak links...if you watched the game you know who they are.

6) Called it last week too. Westy is not a punt retuner.

7) I generally like Bo but am ready for a change. How are we still coming out and turning the ball over like this? We need a top head coach that prepares teams well. Then everyone will be amazed that we can finally "execute".

Or maybe we made MSU not look good.

I don't think MSU is all that good. Below average offense. Defense is solid but not the best in the country. Wisky is ranked lower than them and I think would drub them. Would you rather play Wisky or MSU? OSU is going to bury them.

I'd say their O is pretty solid now. Connor Cook is for real, their receivers catch the ball this year, and Langford is a good back. D is good but overrated. We have a MASH unit for an O but were still moving the ball and scoring on them (whenever we weren't blowing our own leg off with turnovers and bad passes). Don't see Wiscy drubbing them by any means but think they'd win. Think Wiscy is probably the best team in the con right now.

Jeebus frickin kriest!!! Terrell Newby was a top RB recruit in the country and has probably been playin ball since 5-6-7 years old. This is not a freshman issue god damn it!!!.

You sound like a freshman poster with this one dude....

I'm sick of the freshman excuses.

Calvin Jones, Ahman Green, Lawrence Phillips, Derek Brown.

These guys were true freshman tailbacks too. Executed enough option pitches as true freshman to make your head spin. The ball hit him square in the hands and being a freshman is no excuse. Newby is a bigtime college football player at a bigtime program that was wanted by numerous other bigtime programs. There's a problem as to why this stuff keeps happening. It's not a "Newby's a freshman, the pitch was high, Armstrong's a freshman, there was penetration, la dee dah" issue. It's not something that just happened yesterday. It's been going on in critical games for 6 years now. It was a snowball effect of epic stupidness. AGAIN.

Something I learned is that the people thinking Tommy Armstrong was the best QB we have on the roster were mistaken. Most of us told you he needed a good defense to go against before he could claim being a good QB after his fast start.

He went against a good defense in MSU and had a hand in 4 out of 5 turnovers.

Will he learn and grow from it? We can hope. But make no mistake, if TMart was in there at 100%, we'd have had a better shot at winning.

I don't know. The pick was a miscommuniction between QB and receiver. One fumble was getting hit by his own lineman which could happen to any QB.

TM has certainly had his share of ball security issues in the past (remember last years MSU game, without the personal foul penalty away from the play, TM's pass that led to Dennards pick six would have been game ending, and that pass was every bad as anything TA has thrown). Maybe he would have given us a better chance than TA, maybe not. The one thing we do know is that he does have to learn and grow from it.

Something I learned is that the people thinking Tommy Armstrong was the best QB we have on the roster were mistaken. Most of us told you he needed a good defense to go against before he could claim being a good QB after his fast start.

He went against a good defense in MSU and had a hand in 4 out of 5 turnovers.

Will he learn and grow from it? We can hope. But make no mistake, if TMart was in there at 100%, we'd have had a better shot at winning.

I don't know. The pick was a miscommuniction between QB and receiver. One fumble was getting hit by his own lineman which could happen to any QB.

TM has certainly had his share of ball security issues in the past (remember last years MSU game, without the personal foul penalty away from the play, TM's pass that led to Dennards pick six would have been game ending, and that pass was every bad as anything TA has thrown). Maybe he would have given us a better chance than TA, maybe not. The one thing we do know is that he does have to learn and grow from it.

The reason the fumble happened was because he came out of his snap the wrong way. When you have a pulling guard, you come out of your snap the opposing way as to NOT hit your lineman. That was all on Tommy...and partially on Beck for a boneheaded play calling where you're pulling a guard in your own endzone.

Sure TM had his share of ball security issues....LAST YEAR. This year he was doing quite well until he got hurt.

I think J. Stanton has a good shot next year unless Tommy turns it around now.

Dont' you open up with your side from the pulling guard to allow the guard to come underneath you down the line. It looked to me like that was the way TA pivoted (although he may have pulled out early).

Speculating on Johnny Stanton at this point in time is pointless anyway. He may turn out to be great or he may not, but he has yet to play a down of college ball. Again we're back to the best player on the team is the backup QB.

1) Michigan State's a good team. Sure, we made them look better by handing them 5 turnovers on OUR side of the field. I hate to think what the score might've been had we turned the ball over on THEIR side of the field instead of our side of the field. But, good teams take advantage of turnovers, and Michigan State did that. Defensively, I'm willing to bet Ohio State hammers Michigan State in the conference championship game.

2) We do have depth on the offensive line. Seriously, that was a ferocious defensive line, damn good linebackers, and a defensive mind in Narduzzi that we were going up against. We had nearly 200 rushing yards and Armstrong was not sacked once.

3) Armstrong has some learning to do. We see flashes of brilliance and we see flashes of just pure badness. He'll be in a fight with Stanton going into next year, but he can be a great quarterback for us. If we were willing to give TM the leeway as a freshman, we have to give TA that same room, as frustrating as it is.

4) I'm glad Abdullah will be here next year. I can't wait.

5) I'm excited for our defense. It's going to be a good time to be a Blackshirt the next few seasons.

6) It won't feel like it now, but our future is bright. We have the chance to be really good in the coming years.

Same story...different year. Not buying any hype anymore from this staff...

I'm part of the coaching staff? That's tremendous.

Yeah that was worded poorly wasn't it...

1) Michigan State's a good team. Sure, we made them look better by handing them 5 turnovers on OUR side of the field. I hate to think what the score might've been had we turned the ball over on THEIR side of the field instead of our side of the field. But, good teams take advantage of turnovers, and Michigan State did that. Defensively, I'm willing to bet Ohio State hammers Michigan State in the conference championship game.

2) We do have depth on the offensive line. Seriously, that was a ferocious defensive line, damn good linebackers, and a defensive mind in Narduzzi that we were going up against. We had nearly 200 rushing yards and Armstrong was not sacked once.

3) Armstrong has some learning to do. We see flashes of brilliance and we see flashes of just pure badness. He'll be in a fight with Stanton going into next year, but he can be a great quarterback for us. If we were willing to give TM the leeway as a freshman, we have to give TA that same room, as frustrating as it is.

4) I'm glad Abdullah will be here next year. I can't wait.

5) I'm excited for our defense. It's going to be a good time to be a Blackshirt the next few seasons.

6) It won't feel like it now, but our future is bright. We have the chance to be really good in the coming years.

This for me...the glass is half full in my opinion.