14 seasons with zero conference championships

JTrain

It's fair to say that Nebraska doesn't mean much to most college football fans in 2013. Our elite status is a very distant memory for most (although I know it doesn't feel that far for most of us, myself included).

I'm a bit tired of the next year syndrome. But what can you do?

Next year is our year!

It's fair to say that Nebraska doesn't mean much to most college football fans in 2013. Our elite status is a very distant memory for most (although I know it doesn't feel that far for most of us, myself included).

I'm a bit tired of the next year syndrome. But what can you do?

Next year is our year!

Hey, when you are a Cub fan, you get used to playing for next year. With that said, Nebraska should not ever go through a drought like this. I think the only way they stop that drought is through changes to the entire coaching staff. Today's loss wasn't caused by bad coaching decisions, but the sloppiness (turnovers, missed tackles) is a part of what has become Nebraska football these past 6 seasons.

God this self-indulgent whining crap is tiring.

Ohhhhhhhh. Snap. Have a drink for me knapster.

I'll have you know this is medicinal. I promised to shout myself hoarse this game and I did. I won't have a voice tomorrow, but that's OK. Stayed to the bitter end and applauded the team on their way into the locker room.

You can have one if you like. Come on over.

anyone ever think that maybe '62 through '02 was the anomoly, or "lightening in a bottle" as they say, and that the 50's and what we're seeing over the past decade is actually the norm for Nebraska football?

I think about this all the time.

It was. I mean, we just dont have the money, the facilities, the stadium, the academics or the fan base to compete with the upper echelon of college football. I wish we did, but unfortunately we simply have NONE of those things.

• Fire 1

Entitlement does not equal accountability. The program is not where it should be. We should demand better. If Nebraska was a company and we the fans were stockholder, we wouldn't be embracing the current CEO despite 14 years of poor returns simply because the prior CEO appointed him. The culture of the program is the larger problem and also needs an overhaul.

Entitlement does not equal accountability. The program is not where it should be. We should demand better. If Nebraska was a company and we the fans were stockholder, we wouldn't be embracing the current CEO despite 14 years of poor returns simply because the prior CEO appointed him. The culture of the program is the larger problem and also needs an overhaul.

I totally agree and have used the CEO analogy before. Bo is the CEO of this football team. He has a hand in every player and coach that makes up the team, and sets the culture by which the large team performs. As CEO, Bo definitely did a good job in turning the organization around, but peaked early and has since been stagnant or regressed with his team's performance.

that was very well said.

God this self-indulgent whining crap is tiring.

Ohhhhhhhh. Snap. Have a drink for me knapster.

I'll have you know this is medicinal. I promised to shout myself hoarse this game and I did. I won't have a voice tomorrow, but that's OK. Stayed to the bitter end and applauded the team on their way into the locker room.

You can have one if you like. Come on over.

I was among the loudest on the 600 level. I consider a subtle distinction between a whine and a lament. Either is self-indulgent, which I'm fine with.

Drinks for all! I will be in Phoenix for the BWW Bowl!