14 seasons with zero conference championships

JTrain

Meh, Nebraska will be winning stuff again within the next decade. Bluebloods do not die.

We were saying that 4 years ago.

So? All it takes is a couple good seasons, then things start clicking again.

I read it wrong. Sorry. thought you said "...again the next decade" opposed to "within the next decade". Was trying to add to what I thought was a smart ass joke.

(takes another hit)

(grabs handful of cheetoes)

Maybe not Ok with being less than.... certainly tolerable of being less than, though.

Yeah, you're right... maybe we shouldn't place these super duper crazy high expections of losing only three games and competing for conference titles once maybe, oh i don't know, 14 years. Maybe you're right, maybe we need to look in the mirror and tell ourselves that we just want too dam much... we're too needy. *sarcasm*

Football is a game beyond "square peg goes in square hole." To win a conference championship, you have to have a multitude of things-experience and talent in the coaching staff, experience and talent on offense, experience and talent on defense, mental toughness, etc... In addition, you need some things to happen that AREN'T under your control. You need to catch breaks from other teams, you need breaks that happen during the game, you need to stay healthy.

So conference championships require a lot of things to fall into place. And quite honestly we haven't had ANY of that in the past 10 years. Now are we getting there? I think so.

[REDACTED]

If you're not trying to be "More Fan Than Thou" then saying "i choose to let the fans who still remember our true identity communicate their thoughts. just because you have grown to accept our "less than" role in college football doesn't mean that others have to, or even should" was an exceedingly poor way to communicate that.

If it sounds harsh, it is what it is... wasn't necessarily intended that way. But I think that I expressed exactly what I wanted to. There is no innuendo in that statement. I genuinely took your reply as someone who has grown tolerant of where we are in the grand scheme of college football. Are you not?

You took it wrong, and conveniently it seems you took it in a way that best fits your narrative.

Maybe not Ok with being less than.... certainly tolerable of being less than, though.

Yeah, you're right... maybe we shouldn't place these super duper crazy high expections of losing only three games and competing for conference titles once maybe, oh i don't know, 14 years. Maybe you're right, maybe we need to look in the mirror and tell ourselves that we just want too dam much... we're too needy. *sarcasm*

Football is a game beyond "square peg goes in square hole." To win a conference championship, you have to have a multitude of things-experience and talent in the coaching staff, experience and talent on offense, experience and talent on defense, mental toughness, etc... In addition, you need some things to happen that AREN'T under your control. You need to catch breaks from other teams, you need breaks that happen during the game, you need to stay healthy.

So conference championships require a lot of things to fall into place. And quite honestly we haven't had ANY of that in the past 10 years. Now are we getting there? I think so.

Also, if people need a football team to win a conference championship to derive some sort of satisfaction from their lives, maybe some priorities need to be adjusted. .

I'll never understand why people say such things on a football message board.

Also, if people need a football team to win a conference championship to derive some sort of satisfaction from their lives, maybe some priorities need to be adjusted. .

Where are you reaching and pulling this "if people need a football team to win.......... to derive some sort of satisfaction from their lives....." stuff from?? You're hilarious.

I'll never understand half of the things people post on a message board, even some of my own stuff.

I almost made a tongue-in-cheek post after Northwestern about how my life was once again validated because Westerkamp caught that pass. Didn't seem funny so I S-canned it.

If you're not trying to be "More Fan Than Thou" then saying "i choose to let the fans who still remember our true identity communicate their thoughts. just because you have grown to accept our "less than" role in college football doesn't mean that others have to, or even should" was an exceedingly poor way to communicate that.

If it sounds harsh, it is what it is... wasn't necessarily intended that way. But I think that I expressed exactly what I wanted to. There is no innuendo in that statement. I genuinely took your reply as someone who has grown tolerant of where we are in the grand scheme of college football. Are you not?

You took it wrong, and conveniently it seems you took it in a way that best fits your narrative.

If you meant something else......

You wrote it wrong.

Where are you reaching and pulling this "if people need a football team to win.......... to derive some sort of satisfaction from their lives....." stuff from?? You're hilarious.

The way people talk about things on here. The way people talk about things on here sometimes sounds like they live and die based on what the football team does.

Yeah this is one of those classic message board quips, cousin to "Why don't you quit spending all of your time on the internet you nerd" etc etc

This is a football message board, we're all passionate about Nebraska football, no there's nothing wrong with that, and of course emotions run high after a loss. Just one of those things

• Fire 1

The way people talk about things on here. The way people talk about things on here sometimes sounds like they live and die based on what the football team does.

You don't?

• Fire 1

Yeah this is one of those classic message board quips, cousin to "Why don't you quit spending all of your time on the internet you nerd" etc etc

This is a football message board, we're all passionate about Nebraska football, no there's nothing wrong with that, and of course emotions run high after a loss. Just one of those things

Almost too high.

Almost too high.

Hey, I only burned 3 houses this time around.