14 seasons with zero conference championships

JTrain

Damn Colorado forever for that game. Sometimes I forget about what they did to us that day, and pity them when they suck.

May they never win another game.

Colorado hired a hell of a coach last year, and if NU ain't careful, NU might be looking up at CU.

Yep. Went there.

I live in Colorado. Things ain't goin' so rosy for the new "Coach Mac" here.

Whereas its sunshine and light on One Stadium Way in Lincoln right now.

Damn Colorado forever for that game. Sometimes I forget about what they did to us that day, and pity them when they suck.

Colorado hired a hell of a coach last year, and if NU ain't careful, NU might be looking up at CU.

Yep. Went there.

Not even close to comparable to the disaster in Boulder. Not remotely close.

Yep. Went there.

So by all means lets not do a thing and stay the course then?

Yep. Went there.

CU has issues, in part because of 3rd coach in 3 years, and an AD who is a fool. CU has looked the best they have in the last 5 or 6 years at least. Unless you are referring to off the field stuff that we dont see info on here.

God this self-indulgent whining crap is tiring.

+1

But it's only the natural overreaction to the self-indulgent arrogance that precedes it.

+1

Liar my post doesn't have any +1's

Mods gave me negative rep points.

Ah man...you've made me long for the day when we had negatives....that was fun. Less posting and pissing matches....you could just give em a negative...and then wonder who exactly hated your opinion...

God this self-indulgent whining crap is tiring.

I find the intolerance with the frustration even more annoying, in times like these.

If you're expecting some kind of remorse for supporting this team, you're in for a long wait.

Go ahead and be frustrated. But being upset because the team didn't meet some arbitrary benchmark is on you, not the team. We're fans, so we expect that our guys will make the block, make the catch, run real hard and score the TD. We expect we'll make the tackle, break up the pass and get the sack.

But if we do all that all the time, we'll be National Champs every year. And that simply isn't realistic. We're a good team. We're playing .700 ball with a myriad of injuries, guys playing who should never have seen the field except in mop-up duty.

We were never going to win a Championship this season. We didn't have the defense to win our conference. When we lost 2/3 of our starting offense we didn't have the offense, either. So what do you expect? That all the tackles will still be made, all the catches, all the passes completed? That's completely unrealistic, and being distraught that it's not happening doesn't help anyone.

There are things we can critique about the game, or the team, or the coaches. But something like being upset about not winning conference championships... meh. They're pretty damned hard to win, especially when you still haven't even completed one recruiting cycle in your new conference.

We'll get there. But even if we don't, does that mean we throw in the towel on these guys? They haven't met our expectations, so let's pile on the angst?

I mean, if that's what you're calling me being "intolerant," that's what I call being a fan. And I'm not about to apologize for it.

Completely agree with this knapp, I only got mad a few times during the game when we had a shot to win the game. The turnovers were frustrating as well, I'm not nearly as mad about this loss as I was the UCLA and Minny losses. Those stung deep, Once the injuries starting piling up it was obvious we didn't have the depth necessary to get to Indy and actually compete.