14 seasons with zero conference championships

JTrain

Well currently people here are pointing to Avery Moss as a harbinger of good things to come, and he could still be prone to jail time for a dong flop. So maybe we ain't that different.

That's not happening. If there was any chance of that happening, he would already be gone from the team. There's more to this story than we'll ever know, simply because it goes against the original "another bad guy football player" perception that was generated early on.

Just because you write a paragraph doesn't mean you're right. it's not that big of a deal, but the fan class-ism gets super old. we lost, let people be upset about it. we haven't won a conference title in 14 years, after chasing national titles for decades. i choose to let the fans who still remember our true identity communicate their thoughts. just because you have grown to accept our "less than" role in college football doesn't mean that others have to, or even should. And when it comes off as a preachy vibe is even more annoying. And FYI, I said we'd lose at least four this season... so you can save that "we weren't supposed to win a championship this year" stuff. Yeah there are injuries, but that doesn't hide the much larger issue of our identity in college football.... it's merely an excuse (a legit excuse, but still a small part of the machine).. Everyone has injuries. I think you know I don't have anything against you at all... just speaking my mind.

You're not a better fan than me because you bitch about the team on a message board. You're not more realistic, you're not more in tune with our "real identity" than me. You have a different opinion, and you preach at me no less than I preach at you.

Pretty defensive sir. You think that i'm trying to say that I'm a better fan than you? Thats what you got out of that? Really? :facepalm: I digress...

You serious?

why did You have to bring me in to this?
  • Fire 1
Damn Colorado forever for that game. Sometimes I forget about what they did to us that day, and pity them when they suck.

May they never win another game.

Colorado hired a hell of a coach last year, and if NU ain't careful, NU might be looking up at CU.

Yep. Went there.

I live in Colorado. Things ain't goin' so rosy for the new "Coach Mac" here.

Whereas its sunshine and light on One Stadium Way in Lincoln right now.

Looked pretty sunny in Lincoln last Sat. Game sucked but it was sunny. T_O_B

Does anyone think that this defense is showing signs of being a conference-champion caliber defense? Because I'm liking what I'm seeing out of these young guys more and more every week.

I think it correlates with:

(1) Playing a pair of anemic offenses in Michigan and Michigan State. Neither team has been putting up much against anyone else. Our defense looked like it turned a corner against Illinois and Purdue as well, and then Minnesota happened.

(2) The remainder of the improvement is due to Bo finally using the blitz and bringing some pressure. Now, ask yourself how much confidence you have in a supposed "defensive mastermind" who took 3 years to figure out what 90% of the fans and media have been saying the entire time.

Does anyone think that this defense is showing signs of being a conference-champion caliber defense? Because I'm liking what I'm seeing out of these young guys more and more every week.

I think it correlates with:

(1) Playing a pair of anemic offenses in Michigan and Michigan State. Neither team has been putting up much against anyone else. Our defense looked like it turned a corner against Illinois and Purdue as well, and then Minnesota happened.

(2) The remainder of the improvement is due to Bo finally using the blitz and bringing some pressure. Now, ask yourself how much confidence you have in a supposed "defensive mastermind" who took 3 years to figure out what 90% of the fans and media have been saying the entire time.

well........some truth to that

Hey just out of curiosity when was the last time Nebraska won a conference title? It seems like its been a while. Am I in the right thread?

I think it was 14 years ago, thats what I heard on the Internet anyway.

The intereb you say? Is that the twitspace and mybook thingamajig?

Sounds like witchcraft to me.