14 seasons with zero conference championships

JTrain

That's fine, but it still leaves the why now? What were we waiting for? I don't know. Maybe we didn't feel our backs against the ropes until that NW game, but this strategy would have worked all year. This defense wins UCLA and Minnesota IMO.

Don't mean this mean, but there's no real point in asking the "Why now, why not then?" question. As long as Bo remembers this lesson from now on, I will accept it.

But I agree, this would have only been the first loss of the season had he understood it then.

Does anyone think that this defense is showing signs of being a conference-champion caliber defense? Because I'm liking what I'm seeing out of these young guys more and more every week.

To me, there is no question something has clicked. What? And why now? Those are big questions.....and I don't think they are answered by simply gaining experience. Something more has changed.

I think the answer is fairly clear: The blitz. Once Bo allowed the team to be aggressive, they are like wild men out there, and it's great.

That's because defense is a predatory pursuit. These guys are trained to attack, tackle, separate man from ball, sack, disrupt. When you try to make those kinds of people play passively they rebel, either overtly or subconsciously.

It is always going to be more fun to go out and attack the QB than to sit back and hope to contain him.

You have to let your hunters hunt. And he finally seemed to figure that out midway through the Northwestern game.

Yes Knapp. It is that way, but it hasn't always been. With this young group, the speed and athleticism, why not? You get no argument from me, you know where I stand on defense. I am attack mode all the way. I love what I am seeing now. I don't get to see these kids in practice though. I didn't see them struggling with the concepts of the scheme. What tookus so long to change. And not just change, I mean WHOLESALE change. There is nothing about this current defense that resembles previous defenses IMO. We've watched this send don't break patty cake scheme for years now. As much as Bo has sworn by his way of doing things, there is simply no argument supporting this as being his way. We have never played like this, and lo' it's working.

maybe we shouldn't place these super duper crazy high expections of losing only three games and competing for conference titles once maybe, oh i don't know, 14 years.

See that is funny because I was fairly certain we had competed for conference titles at least five times per 14 years!

lol fair enough... you know what I meant though.

Does anyone think that this defense is showing signs of being a conference-champion caliber defense? Because I'm liking what I'm seeing out of these young guys more and more every week.

For sure for sure..... It just sucks when it comes after two losses.... And then another loss. I'm definitely a lot higher on our future than I was after UCLA. Play defense and WANT to win games is the basis of my wants as an NU fan. Bo is capable of getting us to where we want to be... it just doesnt seem like he's very compassionate to our timeline some of the time.

To me, there is no question something has clicked. What? And why now? Those are big questions.....and I don't think they are answered by simply gaining experience. Something more has changed.

I think the answer is fairly clear: The blitz. Once Bo allowed the team to be aggressive, they are like wild men out there, and it's great.

That's because defense is a predatory pursuit. These guys are trained to attack, tackle, separate man from ball, sack, disrupt. When you try to make those kinds of people play passively they rebel, either overtly or subconsciously.

It is always going to be more fun to go out and attack the QB than to sit back and hope to contain him.

You have to let your hunters hunt. And he finally seemed to figure that out midway through the Northwestern game.

And that is acceptable? I'm seriously asking at this point.

ykIfhAB.jpgBeen cursed ever since this game, and this season is a testament to that. Not sure what will lift us out. The young guys on D and Stanton? One can hope, but for now, this still looms low over Memorial Stadium.

Wow. Crazy to see that #1 next to our name.

Yeah....now we don't even get to see a #15 next to our name.....

ykIfhAB.jpgBeen cursed ever since this game, and this season is a testament to that. Not sure what will lift us out. The young guys on D and Stanton? One can hope, but for now, this still looms low over Memorial Stadium.

Yeah... and it was never seen by our name again

Yeah... and it was never seen by our name again

I wonder if it will ever reappear. Or if we're on the long road to becoming Minnesota as Bucky once suggested.

Damn Colorado forever for that game. Sometimes I forget about what they did to us that day, and pity them when they suck.

May they never win another game.

Colorado hired a hell of a coach last year, and if NU ain't careful, NU might be looking up at CU.

Yep. Went there.

Damn Colorado forever for that game. Sometimes I forget about what they did to us that day, and pity them when they suck.

May they never win another game.

Colorado hired a hell of a coach last year, and if NU ain't careful, NU might be looking up at CU.

Yep. Went there.

I live in Colorado. Things ain't goin' so rosy for the new "Coach Mac" here.