14 seasons with zero conference championships

JTrain

anyone ever think that maybe '62 through '02 was the anomoly, or "lightening in a bottle" as they say, and that the 50's and what we're seeing over the past decade is actually the norm for Nebraska football?

I think about this all the time.

a 40 year anomaly is a pretty long anomaly

Thank god.

You and True pulled me back. I was on the ledge there, thinking Nebraska football was just a joke in disguise.

anyone ever think that maybe '62 through '02 was the anomoly, or "lightening in a bottle" as they say, and that the 50's and what we're seeing over the past decade is actually the norm for Nebraska football?

I think about this all the time.

It was. I mean, we just dont have the money, the facilities, the stadium, the academics or the fan base to compete with the upper echelon of college football. I wish we did, but unfortunately we simply have NONE of those things.

I really hope this is sarcasm

God this self-indulgent whining crap is tiring.

I find the intolerance with the frustration even more annoying, in times like these.

If you're expecting some kind of remorse for supporting this team, you're in for a long wait.

Go ahead and be frustrated. But being upset because the team didn't meet some arbitrary benchmark is on you, not the team. We're fans, so we expect that our guys will make the block, make the catch, run real hard and score the TD. We expect we'll make the tackle, break up the pass and get the sack.

But if we do all that all the time, we'll be National Champs every year. And that simply isn't realistic. We're a good team. We're playing .700 ball with a myriad of injuries, guys playing who should never have seen the field except in mop-up duty.

We were never going to win a Championship this season. We didn't have the defense to win our conference. When we lost 2/3 of our starting offense we didn't have the offense, either. So what do you expect? That all the tackles will still be made, all the catches, all the passes completed? That's completely unrealistic, and being distraught that it's not happening doesn't help anyone.

There are things we can critique about the game, or the team, or the coaches. But something like being upset about not winning conference championships... meh. They're pretty damned hard to win, especially when you still haven't even completed one recruiting cycle in your new conference.

We'll get there. But even if we don't, does that mean we throw in the towel on these guys? They haven't met our expectations, so let's pile on the angst?

I mean, if that's what you're calling me being "intolerant," that's what I call being a fan. And I'm not about to apologize for it.

• Fire 3