Leaving for the NFL early

If my memory is right all of them were getting serious attention at the end of their junior years - I remember Suh being talked up big time in the Gator Bowl. Dennard was a 6th rounder because of his legal troubles, but was considered 1st/2nd round talent. I'm trying not to look at these in hindsight.

Marlon Lucky?

That's what I said, yeah.

I guess he could have come out early to even get drafted at all. Being that you had to reach to him for your fourth example, I think that makes my point for me.

However, he did talk Suh and Prince into coming back. Much to their advantage, I might add.

Marlon would have been a 3/4 round pick if he would have left after his highly productive and successful junior season with high and rising stock. His stock absolutely plummeted by coming back.

Marlon Lucky?

That's what I said, yeah.

I guess he could have come out early to even get drafted at all. Being that you had to reach to him for your fourth example, I think that makes my point for me.

However, he did talk Suh and Prince into coming back. Much to their advantage, I might add.

Marlon would have been a 3/4 round pick if he would have left after his highly productive and successful junior season with high and rising stock. His stock absolutely plummeted by coming back.

I have trouble believing in one season you drop from a possible third rounder to undrafted, but I am not Mel Kiper so I am going to drop this.

“Heading into next season, Lucky will be one of the top three to five running backs in his class, probably in the top three,” says Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown.

Nine excellent junior running backs declared for the upcoming draft: Jamaal Charles of Texas, James Davis of Clemson, Felix Jones of Arkansas, Darren McFadden of Arkansas, Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois, Ray Rice of Rutgers, Steve Slaton of West Virginia, Kevin Smith of Central Florida and Jonathan Stewart of Oregon.

It’s possible all nine would have been chosen ahead of Lucky, probably pushing him into the fourth round or lower.

“Slaton’s maybe the only one among those nine that Lucky would contend with,” Wright says. “And there’s a senior, Chris Johnson of East Carolina, that might’ve gone ahead of Lucky, too.“

He also weighs about about 235 pounds. That is probably a little light. He came in at 255. Dropped to 246 by the end of fall camp. Now has dropped 15-20 pounds during the season. He has had trouble with his weight and he isn't going to get drafted very high with only ONE season under his belt and 30 pounds too light. He needs another year. Teams are very skeptical and hesitant to draft a player who has one only one year on film.

He also weighs about about 235 pounds. That is probably a little light. He came in at 255. Dropped to 246 by the end of fall camp. Now has dropped 15-20 pounds during the season. He has had trouble with his weight and he isn't going to get drafted very high with only ONE season under his belt and 30 pounds too light. He needs another year. Teams are very skeptical and hesitant to draft a player who has one only one year on film.

He's way down in weight and he appears very small for a DE. Had this issue in college myself where you gain lean mass only to have it drop off when your season starts.

Jason Pierre-Paul says hello to your last sentence however.

I just don't see Ameer ever being any higher than a fourth or fifth. He's small by NFL standards without breakaway speed. I liken him (NFL wise) a little bit to Danny Woodhead, a third down back who they dump off to.

Gregory has the frame along with the speed to end up being a high pick. I do agree with those who have said he needs to put some of the weight back on, but the potential is very obvious there.

I don't think Marlon Lucky was ever going to be picked before the fifth round. No matte when he was available.

Lucky never looked NFL ready to me. If you have trouble hitting the hole in college, it doesn't matter how many receptions you get out of the backfield. There are plenty of good receiving backs in the NFL.

He did make a couple NFL camps with the chance to prove himself. I think he ends up the same place either way.

I'm not much of a homer or sunshine pumper, but maybe if Ameer knew he was playing for a fanbase that was excited for next year rather than verging on anarchy, he might be more inclined to stay.