Nebraska at Penn State: Game Week Thoughts

admo

330 there. It will be dark by half.

Oooh I like the sound of that. Dark, lights, with possibly a white out too. And nothing but red running into the end zone for the game winner

Its not a White out but i'm sure there will be a lot of white and i'm hoping for a lot of red also. It's going to be cold they say temps are to drop in the afternoon to evening

On paper it looks like it is going to be a close game. They beat Michigan by 3 and their best game was losing by 3 points against #18 UCF. To me Christian Hackenberg will be the guy to watch for the Nittany Lions. He's had a decent season for a freshman QB. Big stat for Hackenberg is 14 touchdowns with 9 interceptions so not the greatest ratio but he has thrown for almost 2,400 yards this season.

Allen Robinson has 1,200 yards receiving for PSU this season and the Nittany Lions have two RB's who have ran for 700 yards this year and one of them, Zach Zwinak has scored 12 touchdowns. Their defense is ranked 61st in the country right now.

Immobile drop back passer? Check.

Questionable pressure pick ups? Check.

One solid receiving option? Check.

If the defense comes to play the way they should, they should be fine. Again this is a good team for Pelini's scheme.

Now if the offense can do anything, we should be able to shut them down offensively.

I am an optimist this week.

NU....27

PSU..10

If the defense comes to play the way they should, they should be fine. Again this is a good team for Pelini's scheme.

Now if the offense can do anything, we should be able to shut them down offensively.

NU....27

PSU..10

I'd like to agree with you, but O'Brien is a master when it comes to the TE game. And our guys seem to really struggle with identifying that stuff. We are going to have to bring our A game in the mental aspect.

NU....28

MSU..41

Fixed

NU....28

MSU..41

Fixed

NU....28

MSU..41

Fixed

I'm stuck at saying WOW lol. It's a similar matchup which results in a similar thought process going into the game. I see how you're brain works now haha

That running back Zwinack is a damn good one. From what I've seen from Penn State they looked like they like to put a hat on a hat and run straight downhill at you. Against our "old" defense, prior to Northwestern I might saynthismguy has a field day. Now, the way we are playing, I'm not sure if penn state has the man power up front to handle our pressure. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen much of them.

My fear would be their strong armed QB with their talented wideouts. Will they get our safeties to bite on the run and then beat us over the top? How many points will be enough for them to get the dubya? If they get an early lead, how do we respond? Defense I'm not worried about, but offensively do we feel like we need to make something happen and end up making mistakes again? Does Beck finally let Abdullah carry the ball 40 times and just roll with it? This game could be interesting.

I love playing Penn State. I think there is bond between PSU and NU after what happened at PSU a while back. The support we showed them the last time we played them was historic and meant so much to them. It's going to be like playing your brother in the back yard. You're going to play as hard as you can to beat them and have a heck of a good time doing so! I don't know who will win but I'm predicting one heck of a football game. A REAL smash mouth old school football game. (I can dream, can't I?) GBR!