Nebraska's Super Secret Coaching Search

Ric Flair

Gruden could win anywhere, mans a festering ball of knowledge. Turned down USC so probably wont come here though.

Like I said, all the money he wants.

I think he would do it for pennies if he had it worked into his contract we play highlights from the Bucs v Raiders Super Bowl pre game every week.

Yep,the one thing we have going for us yo get Gruden is he may come here just to stick it to Clownahan and show him how to really coach. But the blue hairs might get scared watching Chucky on the sideline if they think Bo is bad.

Gruden could win anywhere, mans a festering ball of knowledge. Turned down USC so probably wont come here though.

Like I said, all the money he wants.

I think he would do it for pennies if he had it worked into his contract we play highlights from the Bucs v Raiders Super Bowl pre game every week.

Yep,the one thing we have going for us yo get Gruden is he may come here just to stick it to Clownahan and show him how to really coach. But the blue hairs might get scared watching Chucky on the sideline if they think Bo is bad.

Theyd get over it if he won a trophy. Can you imagine what he would do with Armstron or Stanton? Hell sit him sown with RK3 Before the bowl game for 30 minutes and Id start hi. Over TA.

Am I the only one who really doesn't want Tressel? I'd rather run a clean program that wins 9 games a year and occasionally pops up than run a dirty program that wins.

I'd love to have Tressel. Just win, baby.

Also, lets be honest - we have no clue how dirty ANY program is.

there's been documented proof on how he run's a program.

He protects his kids...no different than any other coach. What was going on there was so mild in comparison to dozens of other schools I just don't care. Search Tyrone Williams for a classic case of Osborne protecting his players. Throw in Peter's assualt, or Phillips. Whatever happened to Riley Washington, the guy charged with attempted murder? ...Osborne hired him a couple years ago and he's a director of the Nebraska football academy now. No idea what came of the case, obviously must have been dropped but the way it was presented at the time things were pretty clear cut w/ witnesses identifying him...but Osborne was involved every step of the way, interviewing witnesses like always.

Bottom line, who knows what would have come to light during the 90's if we'd had the media scrutiny these guys deal with today. Think if a coach today made a comment like this in regards to a player beating a female: "I wouldn't call it a beating, But he certainly did inflict some damage to a young lady" - TO

Wouldn't go over well, it'd likely make a few discounted tattoos seem pretty minor.

Agree. Tressel isn't really dirty in my book.

I just don't want him because I think he isn't really that great of a coach and not a huge upgrade. He had a lot of talent to work with there.