Sources: "Mark Richt's heart has always been in Lincoln, NE"

Another thing to take into consideration with this committee is that the President or Head of the Committee is the AD at Arkansas. The SEC already has a leg up just with that.

And there is a woman who has never played football so she will be easily swayed.

Not necessarily. That woman's IQ is probably equal to everyone else's combined.

Mark Richt will not be here anytime soon. Why leave a good situation in the SEC? Come to the Big Ten where going possibly undefeated could get you left out in the cold from a National Title.

There is 1 undefeated team in the BCS top 25 right now, that's number 1 FSU. The 5th ranked team has 2 losses. So please, explain to me how an undefeated Nebraska would not be in the top 4? Matter of fact, don't explain it, because I won't listen. You are wrong.

Im wrong? Ohio State was going to be kicked aside for a one loss Auburn. How am I wrong? espn spent a week straight justifying the jump before Ohio State did them a solid and lost to MSU.

And youre dreaming if you think the 4 team playoff is ging to solve the chaos.

If Ohio state beats Michigan State, then Ohio State is playing FSU in the National Championship. If you think that wouldn't have been the case, then I suggest you stop counting on ESPN to provide your logic.

I also never said the playoff would solve the chaos. So I'm sorry, I don't know how to even respond to the words you,put in my mouth there. I certainly think it will be better than the current system, but I believe it will eventually evolve to an 8 team playoff and that would suit me just fine.

• Fire 1

Yeah. Ohio State had their ticket punched to the National title Game if they beat Michigan State.

I think the selection committee would have chosen it the same way.

I disagree. Wish and hope they would have. Think about it. Say the SEC and Big Ten title games go exactly the same way. Only this time Ohio State wins on a last second hail mary. ESPN would get right to work on Final. Auburn won handily against #4 Mizzou while tOSU struggled and won on a fluke play against #11 MSU. ESPN is not the end game judge when determining rankings. But they are a huge contributor.

We can agree to disagree but I just don't see the BCS leaving am undefeated conference champion out of the title game in exchange for a 1 loss team that needed 2 last second miracles to only have 1 loss.

I know that we all think ESPN is corrupt but they don't have that much influence.

This guy gets it. ^

Richt has averaged just under 4 losses per year while at Georgia. Pelini is, as we know, right at 4.

What he has going for him is 2 SEC Championships. Pelini of course has 0 conference championships.

One could argue that he could recruit as well or better than Bo to Nebraska, but there are a lot of variables to make it definitive.

In my humble opinion, Bo is the B1G's Mark Richt. I just don't see any discernible difference between the two.

larrydavid.gif

I'm generally not one to espouse certainty, but let me put it this way: If we could take a time machine back to before the B1G title game and Jordan-style food poison the entire MSU defense to ensure Buckeye victory, I would fearlessly bet my entire net worth and any conceivable loans that I could get my hands on that Ohio State would finish #2 (over Auburn) in the BCS standings.

Mark Richt will not be here anytime soon. Why leave a good situation in the SEC? Come to the Big Ten where going possibly undefeated could get you left out in the cold from a National Title.

There is 1 undefeated team in the BCS top 25 right now, that's number 1 FSU. The 5th ranked team has 2 losses. So please, explain to me how an undefeated Nebraska would not be in the top 4? Matter of fact, don't explain it, because I won't listen. You are wrong.

Im wrong? Ohio State was going to be kicked aside for a one loss Auburn. How am I wrong? espn spent a week straight justifying the jump before Ohio State did them a solid and lost to MSU.

If Ohio state beats Michigan State, then Ohio State is playing FSU in the National Championship. If you think that wouldn't have been the case, then I suggest you stop counting on ESPN to provide your logic.

I also never said the playoff would solve the chaos. So I'm sorry, I don't know how to even respond to the words you,put in my mouth there. I certainly think it will be better than the current system, but I believe it will eventually evolve to an 8 team playoff and that would suit me just fine.

If you are under the assumption I blindly agree with ESPNs flawed logic and or wanted Auburn to leapfrog tOSU, you are mistaken. I wanted the SEC locked out of the title game. I wanted ESPN to mourn their absence and not be able to give the month long 8straight title build up. F that. But the Buckeyes lost and ruined that.

My original point was why would Richt leave GA to come here, where we play in a league that has such a bad current reputation the media talks about bumpind one loss teams from another league ahead of our undefeated champion. A league Richt is currently in.

And Im honestly stunned at how much faith some people have in the BCS. You honestly expected it to just do the right thing because it should? Like I said before, it couldve put anybody in the #2 spot and we couldnt do a thing about it since this is its swan song. If you really just expected the BCS to work out how the fams wanted it to this mustve been your first year watching.

Another thing to take into consideration with this committee is that the President or Head of the Committee is the AD at Arkansas. The SEC already has a leg up just with that.

And there is a woman who has never played football so she will be easily swayed.

Not necessarily. That woman's IQ is probably equal to everyone else's combined.

I should have used the little sarcasm guy. I wrote what i wrote to show that Jeff Long will have no more influence over who gets in anymore than Rice being a woman that can't use logic to choose teams.

Richt has averaged just under 4 losses per year while at Georgia. Pelini is, as we know, right at 4.

What he has going for him is 2 SEC Championships. Pelini of course has 0 conference championships.

One could argue that he could recruit as well or better than Bo to Nebraska, but there are a lot of variables to make it definitive.

In my humble opinion, Bo is the B1G's Mark Richt. I just don't see any discernible difference between the two.

larrydavid.gif

Now that you pointed that out it does sound funny.

• Fire 1

I actually can see them dropping a undefeated Ohio State team. If Ohio State had won the game, it would have been their first win over a top 10 team in 3 years. Where as Auburn beat number 1 and number 5 in back to back weeks Kinda like our 1997 MNC. Nothing would surprise me to get the SEC into the game.

As much as I hate the SEC being there again, I would have agreed. I do not feel there are any teams in the Big that even come close to being a MNC competitor. If Ohio State would have clobbered Michigan State them possibly. Nebraska gave MSU the win, and we struggled with a lot of inferior teams this year.

I really do not even want to watch the MNC game, not of a fan of Florida State, like Auburn, but hate the SEC run.

If you are under the assumption I blindly agree with ESPNs flawed logic and or wanted Auburn to leapfrog tOSU, you are mistaken. I wanted the SEC locked out of the title game. I wanted ESPN to mourn their absence and not be able to give the month long 8straight title build up. F that. But the Buckeyes lost and ruined that.

My original point was why would Richt leave GA to come here, where we play in a league that has such a bad current reputation the media talks about bumpind one loss teams from another league ahead of our undefeated champion. A league Richt is currently in.

And Im honestly stunned at how much faith some people have in the BCS. You honestly expected it to just do the right thing because it should? Like I said before, it couldve put anybody in the #2 spot and we couldnt do a thing about it since this is its swan song. If you really just expected the BCS to work out how the fams wanted it to this mustve been your first year watching.

Where did I say I expected the BCS to do the "right" thing? I don't like the BCS system and Ive already said a hundred f'ing times I'm looking forward to a 4 team/eventually 8 team playoff. Where the f#*k did I say I expected it to work out how the fans wanted it to either? Stop, just STOP putting f'ing words in my mouth. What an ignorant comment to say this must be my first year watching. If you're trying to f#*k with me, good for you, mission accomplished. You've literally not responded to a f'ing thing I've said in any reasonable manner.

I said there is currently 1 undefeated team in FSU and I believe if Ohio State had finished as an undefeated Big Ten Champion, they would have played FSU for the national championship. You have said you disagree with me. If you have some sort of historical facts that may sway me to change my mind I would listen. I have no idea if at some point in history there was a time when only two major conference Champions were the only two teams left in the country undefeated. If those two major conference champions were the ONLY 2 teams in the country undefeated and did it play for a NC, then I would be surprised and would like to understand the circumstances as to why. I have no idea if this has happened. If it has I am not aware of it and if it has happened I would once again tell you I am truly looking forward to a playoff. DONE DEAL.

The right thing Im referring to is putting tOSU in the title game had they gone undefeated. I dont feel the BCS was going to do that.

Not trying to start a war.

Me neither. It's over. We just disagree and it's a pretty basic disagreement. Let's not complicate it. I think they would have, you think they wouldn't have, case closed.