Sources: "Mark Richt's heart has always been in Lincoln, NE"

An undefeated SEC and one loss SEC will get in over an undefeated team from the B1G. That's two spots taken right there.

Pac 12 champion will get in. Now who would take the last spot if the ACC champion, Big 12 champion and B1G champion are all undefeated is the question.

This year would have been FSU, Alabama, Auburn and Baylor/MSU

• Fire 1

Mark Richt will not be here anytime soon. Why leave a good situation in the SEC? Come to the Big Ten where going possibly undefeated could get you left out in the cold from a National Title.

There is 1 undefeated team in the BCS top 25 right now, that's number 1 FSU. The 5th ranked team has 2 losses. So please, explain to me how an undefeated Nebraska would not be in the top 4? Matter of fact, don't explain it, because I won't listen. You are wrong.

Im wrong? Ohio State was going to be kicked aside for a one loss Auburn. How am I wrong? espn spent a week straight justifying the jump before Ohio State did them a solid and lost to MSU.

And youre dreaming if you think the 4 team playoff is ging to solve the chaos.

2009: 5 Teams undefeated. Rare but it can happen. Say 4 teams go undefeated.

Bama 13-0

Oregon 13-0

Ohio State 13-0

Texas 13-0

Easy enough right? Now say Aubrn went 11-1 and ESPN Starts their smear campaign because Aubrn played a toughr schedule and tOSU played a really weak schedule like this year. The selection committee would have no qaulms jumping Aubrn over them to give the SEC 2 spots in the playoff. Tell me how they wouldnt. Actually dont because I wont listen. YOU are wrong.

Bama 13-0

Oregon 13-0

Ohio State 13-0

Texas 13-0

Easy enough right? Now say Aubrn went 11-1 and ESPN Starts their smear campaign because Aubrn played a toughr schedule and tOSU played a really weak schedule like this year. The selection committee would have no qaulms jumping Aubrn over them to give the SEC 2 spots in the playoff. Tell me how they wouldnt. Actually dont because I wont listen. YOU are wrong.

the selection committee actually has people that know football on it. they also know that it is harder to go 12-0 than it is 11-1. and pretty sure they wouldnt make up their minds based off what espn says.

Yeah. Ohio State had their ticket punched to the National title Game if they beat Michigan State.

I think the selection committee would have chosen it the same way.

I disagree. Wish and hope they would have. Think about it. Say the SEC and Big Ten title games go exactly the same way. Only this time Ohio State wins on a last second hail mary. ESPN would get right to work on Final. Auburn won handily against #4 Mizzou while tOSU struggled and won on a fluke play against #11 MSU. ESPN is not the end game judge when determining rankings. But they are a huge contributor.

Bama 13-0

Oregon 13-0

Ohio State 13-0

Texas 13-0

the selection committee actually has people that know football on it. they also know that it is harder to go 12-0 than it is 11-1. and pretty sure they wouldnt make up their minds based off what espn says.

It does have some great football minds. But it also has some not so great. Im hopeful the committee can end some of the drama but Im afraid its going to cause more. And yes some of them will make up their mind based off of what ESPN says.

Yeah. Ohio State had their ticket punched to the National title Game if they beat Michigan State.

I disagree. Wish and hope they would have. Think about it. Say the SEC and Big Ten title games go exactly the same way. Only this time Ohio State wins on a last second hail mary. ESPN would get right to work on Final. Auburn won handily against #4 Mizzou while tOSU struggled and won on a fluke play against #11 MSU. ESPN is not the end game judge when determining rankings. But they are a huge contributor.

We can agree to disagree but I just don't see the BCS leaving am undefeated conference champion out of the title game in exchange for a 1 loss team that needed 2 last second miracles to only have 1 loss.

I know that we all think ESPN is corrupt but they don't have that much influence.

• Fire 1

Bama 13-0

Oregon 13-0

Ohio State 13-0

Texas 13-0

That's pretty close-minded. Has an undefeated team from a BCS conference ever been held out of the Championship game in favor of a 1 loss team from the SEC? the answer is no. ESPN can talk about it all they want, and they probably do have more influence than they should.

We've seen debates because certain undefeated teams get the shaft in favor of other undefeated teams, and the same with multiple one-loss teams. But a one loss has never jumped an undefeated. I think the closest it came was in '99 when our own team almost jumped over Virginia Tech. Also an undefeated SEC team (Auburn) was held out of the Championship game a few years back as well (2004ish if I recall).

We can agree to disagree but I just don't see the BCS leaving am undefeated conference champion out of the title game in exchange for a 1 loss team that needed 2 last second miracles to only have 1 loss.

I know that we all think ESPN is corrupt but they don't have that much influence.

I Know most people tbink preseason rankings dont matter but they mean the world to the top 5 or 6 teams come championship weekend. Those ranki gs are somewhat decided by ESPN and how they showcase teams. Dont underestimate their influence.

As for not leaving tOSU out had they won. What about when Okie St won the Big 12 and had an 11-1 record only to get nudged by Bama at 11-1 and they didnt win their division. Schedule strength was THE Excuse then. So if tOSU had gotten nudged in favor of Auburn the schedule strength would again have been the argument. Right or wrong thats what wouldve happened. Had tOSU won handily it wouldnt have mattered. Which is fd up considering they always told us the computers dont see HOW you won only IF you won.

Ok here is the end all. Next year the playoff begins. How many SEC teams will be in it, even if they have a slightly down year like this one?

Now say the PAC12, Big 12, and Big 10 all have a conference champ with one loss and the ACC champ is undefeated as is the SEC champ, your top 6 looks like this.

13-0 Bama

13-0 FSU

11-1 LSU

11-1Oregon

11-1 Texas

11-1 Ohio State

Who gets in? There are 4 spots and 5 conference champs plus an at large. You dont thonk there is a slight chance two champs get nudged because LSU just happened to play a great schedule. The BCS is out but human bias is in. We want to put our faith in a committee but in this scenario it could fail us.

I Know most people tbink preseason rankings dont matter but they mean the world to the top 5 or 6 teams come championship weekend. Those ranki gs are somewhat decided by ESPN and how they showcase teams. Dont underestimate their influence.

As for not leaving tOSU out had they won. What about when Okie St won the Big 12 and had an 11-1 record only to get nudged by Bama at 11-1 and they didnt win their division. Schedule strength was THE Excuse then. So if tOSU had gotten nudged in favor of Auburn the schedule strength would again have been the argument. Right or wrong thats what wouldve happened. Had tOSU won handily it wouldnt have mattered. Which is fd up considering they always told us the computers dont see HOW you won only IF you won.

I think when you are deciding teams with one loss, the AP and BCS logic goes out the window. When it comes to an undefeated conference champion, they seem to get it right. But we will never know since OSU didn't take care of business.

Ok here is the end all. Next year the playoff begins. How many SEC teams will be in it, even if they have a slightly down year like this one?

Now say the PAC12, Big 12, and Big 10 all have a conference champ with one loss and the ACC champ is undefeated as is the SEC champ, your top 6 looks like this.

13-0 Bama

13-0 FSU

11-1 LSU

11-1Oregon

11-1 Texas

11-1 Ohio State

Who gets in? There are 4 spots and 5 conference champs plus an at large. You dont thonk there is a slight chance two champs get nudged because LSU just happened to play a great schedule. The BCS is out but human bias is in. We want to put our faith in a committee but in this scenario it could fail us.

Well, in that scenario, a second SEC team could certainly get the nod, we've seen that before. But these are teams with the same record, and you'd have to look at more than just that. But that's not what you were arguing a few posts ago. You screamed about a 1 loss SEC team jumping an undefeated team. Are you abandoning that notion now? I hope so.

13-0 Bama

13-0 FSU

11-1 LSU

11-1Oregon

11-1 Texas

11-1 Ohio State

Well, in that scenario, a second SEC team could certainly get the nod, we've seen that before. But these are teams with the same record, and you'd have to look at more than just that. But that's not what you were arguing a few posts ago. You screamed about a 1 loss SEC team jumping an undefeated team. Are you abandoning that notion now? I hope so.

Absolutely not. You called me close mided for thinking that way. I would counter it is even more close mided to put faith in the BCS to get it right and NOT leapfrog Auburn over tOSU. The BCS system was tailor mare to put the "top 2" teams in the nation in the top bowl game. However it is a flawed system whn determini g who those teams are. I cant believe people didnt see the screw job coming. You honestly think had Buckeyes won uncongincingly they wouldnt have gotten leapfrogged? It was argued that had never happened. While true the counter to that is this is the last year of the BCS. It could literally have gotten away with putting Boise State and Jacksonville tech in the title game because after January it will cease to exist. Whats one more botched title game?