Extreme Luck Bo

Bo has had some of the best luck and worst luck of any coach I can think of.

Good Luck

• 2008 Colorado. Bo has CU beat, but the fake FG is intercepted for a TD. Alex Henerey saves the game with a 57 yard FG turning a 7-5 season into a 9-4 season.
  • 2010 Iowa State. ISU coach goes for two in overtime.
  • 2011 Ohio State. NU getting handled until the OSU QB gets hurt.
  • 2012 Michigan. Tight game until the UM QB gets hurt. Coach inserts mega-slow backup QB, instead of fleet footed Gardner who played the remainder of UM's games.
  • 2012 Michigan State. Bad call nullifies interception for TD allowing miracle win.
  • 2013 Northwestern. Hail Mary with no time on the clock.

Bad Luck

• 2009 Virginia Tech. Bo has the Hokies beat, but loses on a last minute deep pass.
  • 2009 Iowa State. Eight turnovers required to lose to this sorry team.
  • 2009 Texas. All world kicker puts the kickoff out of bounds, followed by a personal foul, then a second is added to the clock.
  • 2010 Texas A&M. This may not be bad luck, but the referees stole this game.
  • 2013 Michigan State. Five turnovers prevent a victory and possibly a CCG appearance.

I am sure there are others I forgot, but Bo seems to be involved in an abnormally high number of close games, decided by weird plays.

That 2012 Michigan State game wasn't decided on a bad call. That TD call-back on Dennard's INT was a questionable call, but with the years we've had in the Big Ten, we can all agree these officials are questionable at best. If you're going to say the officials gave us that 2012 game with a bad call, there's an equal argument to make that they gave Sparty this year's game with a host of bad calls.

It didn't nullify the INT, it called back the TD. Sparty still had a ten point lead and the ball with ten minutes to go, and all they had to do was kill the clock and stop Nebraska from scoring. They didn't, they couldn't, and we won that game.

2012 Michigan. NU getting handled until the UM QB gets hurt.

Interesting list except that I don't think saying we were getting "handled" to the point where Robinson got hurt is accurate. The Huskers were up 7-3 and the total yards were pretty even: 132-144. Robinson was OK but not exactly tearing us up: 10 carries for 45 yards and 6-11 passing for 55 yards.

They don't call interference on Dennard against Bell in the waning moments, we kick a 30-yard field goal and go to OT. Having scored the last ten points of the game (presuming the FG rather than the game-winning TD), I like our odds in OT, considering their offense had three drives in the 4th quarter earning a total of 26 yards. Meanwhile, Nebraska had over 150 yards in the 4th quarter, and a TD, NOT INCLUDING the final, game-winning drive.

That 2012 Michigan State game wasn't decided on a bad call. That TD call-back on Dennard's INT was a questionable call, but with the years we've had in the Big Ten, we can all agree these officials are questionable at best. If you're going to say the officials gave us that 2012 game with a bad call, there's an equal argument to make that they gave Sparty this year's game with a host of bad calls.

It didn't nullify the INT, it called back the TD. Sparty still had a ten point lead and the ball with ten minutes to go, and all they had to do was kill the clock and stop Nebraska from scoring. They didn't, they couldn't, and we won that game.

If that TD isn't called back we lose. The six game win streak doesn't happen, no CCG. It was a big call, and a very lucky call. MSU still had a chance to win the game, and you have to give NU credit for an amazing comeback, but without that call NU has no chance.

If that TD isn't called back we lose. The six game win streak doesn't happen, no CCG. It was a big call, and a very lucky call. MSU still had a chance to win the game, and you have to give NU credit for an amazing comeback, but without that call NU has no chance.

I miss Taylor Martinez.

• Fire 1

did nobody watch Nebraska play Michigan last year Nebraska handled Michigan the whole damn game. Im starting to question my own memory. Somebody else said a couple days ago how Dennard getting hurt was why we won.

I am not saying that is why we won, but without Denard, it made the game much easier to win.

To tuis day I cant believe they didnt put Gardener in at QB, the "backup" they used was..........sad looking.

I miss Taylor Martinez.

I still wonder what his injury was as a freshman. He never seemed as fast after the injury, although he was still the fastest player on the field most games.