Extreme Luck Bo

Honestly, it's crap like this why you Bo-lievers can't be taken seriously.

Jesus, get off your high horse. You don't have to be some Bo Pelini fanboy to think the Nebraska Cornhuskers could have/should have won a game.

It's a Husker fan forum. Posting positive things about the TEAM doesn't equate to some slavish infatuation with the COACH.

Sure. But when it goes from "positive thinking" to "stubborn unreasonableness" it starts to smell like Bo-lieving.

Anyone but the most ridiculous Bo fanboy would admit that if MSU had gone up 31-14 with 10 minutes left, we almost certainly lose that game. It's almost math at that point.

Anyone but a Nebraska fan.

Jesus, get off your high horse. You don't have to be some Bo Pelini fanboy to think the Nebraska Cornhuskers could have/should have won a game.

It's a Husker fan forum. Posting positive things about the TEAM doesn't equate to some slavish infatuation with the COACH.

Sure. But when it goes from "positive thinking" to "stubborn unreasonableness" it starts to smell like Bo-lieving.

Anyone but the most ridiculous Bo fanboy would admit that if MSU had gone up 31-14 with 10 minutes left, we almost certainly lose that game. It's almost math at that point.

Anyone but a Nebraska fan.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

• Fire 1

Pretty sure it goes something like:

1. I'm tired of the Bo Pelini "stuff"

2. Someone says something I disagree with

3. ...

4. Profit!?!??

Or in this case

4. They're a Bo-liever

I'd like a definition of what a Bo-liever is too, I guess.

I'd also like to know how that differs from just being a fan of this team and thinking positive thoughts about them.

When did D-Rob get hurt? I thought it was fairly early on in a game that had not been decided. I also seem to remember his backup completely melting down and doing his best Bellomy impression.

I think it's reasonable to say if Robinson hadn't gotten hurt, we don't know how that game would have turned out. OSU is a different story where of course, we were being taken to the shed and Bellomy, well...

It was late in the second quarter (somewhere around 3+ minutes to go.) Their possessions went as follows:

3 plays - 5 yds - Punt

12 - 49 - missed FG

5 - 11 - Punt

10 - 44 - FG

Drive on which DRob got hurt - Before Injury: 7 - 66 - 1&G @ +8; Huskers forced a FG from there

3 - -9 - Half

3 - 7 - INT

3 - -12 - Punt

3 - 1 - Punt

8 - 58 - FG

1 - 0 - INT

7 - 43 - INT

They definitely moved the ball better before he got hurt but hadn't been able to get a TD either. They actually scored as many points before the drive he got hurt as they did after that. Would the game have been different? Most likely. Does that mean they would have won? Absolutely not.

Help me understand how disproving your scenario that a game was a sure loss equates to Bo-lieving.

Because you look at a team needing to score three times in 10 minutes just to tie, and say, "Nah, too speculative to say whether or not the losing team could pull that out."

Is it possible Nebraska would have score three times in 10 minutes? Sure, it's possible. But any reasonable, unbiased fan would say it's very, very unlikely. Maybe single digit percentage. Now I'd like to think that we, as Nebraska fans, can put aside our homerism and say, "Yeah, MSU goes up 17 at that point, and we're almost certainly leaving East Lansing without a W in that game."

You refuse to accept any of the above. That leads me to conclude you are incapable of putting aside your rose-colored glasses or refuse to admit Bo got lucky in that game. I'll let you pick. Either way, an unbiased perspective you do not possess.

Help me understand how disproving your scenario that a game was a sure loss equates to Bo-lieving.

Because you look at a team needing to score three times in 10 minutes just to tie, and say, "Nah, too speculative to say whether or not the losing team could pull that out."

Is it possible Nebraska would have score three times in 10 minutes? Sure, it's possible. But any reasonable, unbiased fan would say it's very, very unlikely. Maybe single digit percentage. Now I'd like to think that we, as Nebraska fans, can put aside our homerism and say, "Yeah, MSU goes up 17 at that point, and we're almost certainly leaving East Lansing without a W in that game."

You refuse to accept any of the above. That leads me to conclude you are incapable of putting aside your rose-colored glasses or refuse to admit Bo got lucky in that game. I'll let you pick. Either way, an unbiased perspective you do not possess.

Why are you fixated on Bo Pelini?

I said nothing about Pelini. I don't think he was playing that game (would have to check the roster, but I'm pretty sure).

And I all I've said was the bold above, which you, from your post, apparently agree with.

Which makes you, I believe, a "Bo-liever."

I'm sure everyone, even 'Bo-lievers', thinks that if we had gone down 31-14 with ten minutes left, we were in big trouble. But we were almost in as big of trouble when Taylor threw the pick to keep it 24-14 with ten minutes left and MSU ball. We ended up getting the ball back with 9 minutes left down 10. It is a big difference, but one touchdown in one minute is certainly possible.. I would say we maybe had a 5% chance of winning the game at that point, when Taylor threw the pick to put us down 10 with 10 minutes, at best (Yes, I know that is ridiculous speculation). If we throw that pick and they score and we go down 31-14, we maybe have a 1% chance. Either way, the odds were very low. But we were able to do it when we had a 5% chance. Maybe that team could've done it with a 1% chance. That's the point.

Does the "lucky the other team's QB got hurt" thing go both ways? Or is it only used against Bo?

Because if it goes both ways, let's take a look back:

2010 - With a healthy Martinez, we surely get at least one more TD against aTm and OU thus we are 12-1, Big XII Champs and, since we're better than OU, beat UConn in the Fiesta bowl.

2011 - We lose to tOSU since Miller doesn't get hurt so we're 8-4 in the regular season. However, the Outback Bowl then selects 9-3 PSU over 8-4 NU so the Huskers go to the TicketCity bowl where, with a month to prepare for a spread passing attack, the Huskers beat Houston.

2013 - Our offense keeps moving the ball and gets a couple more scores to add to early leads and not put UCLA or Minny in good field position and neither can come back. Martinez only turns the ball over twice, getting the Huskers one more score and taking away two easy scores from MSU making it a 28-27 game in the middle of the fourth quarter. You decide from there.

So that's one conference championship, a BCS bowl win, a 12-win season, a 3-2 bowl record and either 10-0 with another CCG appearance this year or 9-1 depending on how you end the MSU game.

Aren't "What-ifs" fun?

Does the "lucky the other team's QB got hurt" thing go both ways? Or is it only used against Bo?

2010 - With a healthy Martinez, we surely get at least one more TD against aTm and OU thus we are 12-1, Big XII Champs and, since we're better than OU, beat UConn in the Fiesta bowl.

2011 - We lose to tOSU since Miller doesn't get hurt so we're 8-4 in the regular season. However, the Outback Bowl then selects 9-3 PSU over 8-4 NU so the Huskers go to the TicketCity bowl where, with a month to prepare for a spread passing attack, the Huskers beat Houston.

2013 - Our offense keeps moving the ball and gets a couple more scores to add to early leads and not put UCLA or Minny in good field position and neither can come back. Martinez only turns the ball over twice, getting the Huskers one more score and taking away two easy scores from MSU making it a 28-27 game in the middle of the fourth quarter. You decide from there.

So that's one conference championship, a BCS bowl win, a 12-win season, a 3-2 bowl record and either 10-0 with another CCG appearance this year or 9-1 depending on how you end the MSU game.

Aren't "What-ifs" fun?

so if the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a sh#t, he would have caught the rabbit?.....?..you sure about that

I said nothing about Pelini. I don't think he was playing that game (would have to check the roster, but I'm pretty sure).

And I all I've said was the bold above, which you, from your post, apparently agree with.

In your dreams. What you said was:

There were ten minutes left in the game. We drove down and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. That TD would NOT have decided that game. You're playing a huge "what if" there. I'll do the same, and we can both agree nothing was decided.

Big difference. You're back-tracking now, which is a good start. Even better would be to just quit while you're behind.

• Fire 1

Aren't "What-ifs" fun?

I agree it is bad luck to lose TM (and most of the OL this year, Crick a couple years ago, BS last year, etc.), but I didn't include it in the bad luck list because many teams lose a starting QB. I included the loss of the OSU and UM QBs in the good luck because of the circumstances. In the OSU game, it decided the game (IMO), and in the UM game, UM replaced Denard with an ultra-slow backup instead of Gardner.

In your dreams. What you said was:

There were ten minutes left in the game. We drove down and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. That TD would NOT have decided that game. You're playing a huge "what if" there. I'll do the same, and we can both agree nothing was decided.

Big difference. You're back-tracking now, which is a good start. Even better would be to just quit while you're behind.

Talk about stubborn. Hujan, his quote supports what he just said!!!! No where did he or I say NU was "likely" to win. My point that you called "hilarious" was simply that it was possible to win and that losing was not a foregone conclusion. Which you then admit is true!

Your animosity towards Bo is showing through here. I'm a fan of the program same as you, just with a different opinion about firing the head coach. No matter who's coaching next season, I hope we'd all agree to cheer for the team and hope to win every week.

• Fire 1