Extreme Luck Bo

Now that the Penn St. game is over I see another wild swing back and forth. Mistakes, turnovers and penalties followed by an overtime win on a second field goal kick due to an off sides call on the first kick. I'd call this win extreme luck.

Did you watch the game?

First of all: we shouldn't have had to go into overtime. That call on Burtch was ludicrous.

Second of all: WE had to make that field goal. It's not like Penn State made the FG to win and had it called back because of a false start. We made the first FG and then needed to make it again because of another ludicrous penalty.

I don't even know how this is luck.

Go watch paint dry.

If anything, we overcame a lot of "bad luck."

Now that the Penn St. game is over I see another wild swing back and forth. Mistakes, turnovers and penalties followed by an overtime win on a second field goal kick due to an off sides call on the first kick. I'd call this win extreme luck.

Did you watch the game?

First of all: we shouldn't have had to go into overtime. That call on Burtch was ludicrous.

Second of all: WE had to make that field goal. It's not like Penn State made the FG to win and had it called back because of a false start. We made the first FG and then needed to make it again because of another ludicrous penalty.

I don't even know how this is luck.

Go watch paint dry.

If anything, we overcame a lot of "bad luck."

Definitely. But it didn't take good luck to overcome bad luck. It took toughness.

Help me understand how disproving your scenario that a game was a sure loss equates to Bo-lieving.

Because you look at a team needing to score three times in 10 minutes just to tie, and say, "Nah, too speculative to say whether or not the losing team could pull that out."

Is it possible Nebraska would have score three times in 10 minutes? Sure, it's possible. But any reasonable, unbiased fan would say it's very, very unlikely. Maybe single digit percentage. Now I'd like to think that we, as Nebraska fans, can put aside our homerism and say, "Yeah, MSU goes up 17 at that point, and we're almost certainly leaving East Lansing without a W in that game."

You refuse to accept any of the above. That leads me to conclude you are incapable of putting aside your rose-colored glasses or refuse to admit Bo got lucky in that game. I'll let you pick. Either way, an unbiased perspective you do not possess.

Why are you fixated on Bo Pelini?

I said nothing about Pelini. I don't think he was playing that game (would have to check the roster, but I'm pretty sure).

And I all I've said was the bold above, which you, from your post, apparently agree with.

Which makes you, I believe, a "Bo-liever."

Actually I believe there was a Mark Pelini on the roster, right?

Talk about stubborn. Hujan, his quote supports what he just said!!!! No where did he or I say NU was "likely" to win. My point that you called "hilarious" was simply that it was possible to win and that losing was not a foregone conclusion. Which you then admit is true!

Your animosity towards Bo is showing through here. I'm a fan of the program same as you, just with a different opinion about firing the head coach. No matter who's coaching next season, I hope we'd all agree to cheer for the team and hope to win every week.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?

Knappic said:

"There were ten minutes left in the game. We drove down and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. That TD would NOT have decided that game. You're playing a huge "what if" there. I'll do the same, and we can both agree nothing was decided."

He definitively states that a TD to put MSU up by 17 with 10 minutes to go "would NOT have decided that game" and that saying otherwise is "playing a huge 'what if.'"

And that's supposed to be the same thing as saying that it's theoretically possible, but extremely, extremely unlikely for Nebraska to win in that scenario?

If you truly believe that, I'm better off arguing with a wall. Why can't you guys just admit you took a ridiculously unreasonable position, admit you were wrong, and move on like men?

This post made me laugh. "That TD would NOT have decided that game" means that the TD in question was not decisive. What part of those words are confusing you? Decisive means "having the power or quality of deciding; putting an end to controversy". Since it is, by your own admission, possible for NU to still win, that TD was NOT decisive. In other words, you are flat out wrong.

Apply your final paragraph to yourself, guy.

I'm still waiting for the definition of a "Bo-liever."

A die-hard Bo apologist who takes unreasonable positions and/or engages in revisionist history in an effort to put lipstick on the pig that is Bo's career as our head coach.

Dunce (since I think the board would frown on me using dumbass): A die hard Bo hater who takes unreasonable positions and/or engages in revisionist history in an effort to run Bo out of town no matter what happens.

• Fire 1

A die-hard Bo apologist who takes unreasonable positions and/or engages in revisionist history in an effort to put lipstick on the pig that is Bo's career as our head coach.

Dunce (since I think the board would frown on me using dumbass)Pro-Nebraska: A die hard Bo hater who takes unreasonable positions and/or engages in revisionist history in an effort to run Bo out of town no matter what happens.

FIFY :sarcasm

Dunce (since I think the board would frown on me using dumbass)Pro-Nebraska: A die hard Bo hater who takes unreasonable positions and/or engages in revisionist history in an effort to run Bo out of town no matter what happens.

FIFY :sarcasm

Oh that's what Pro-Nebraska means.

• Fire 1