Extreme Luck Bo

did nobody watch Nebraska play Michigan last year Nebraska handled Michigan the whole damn game. Im starting to question my own memory. Somebody else said a couple days ago how Dennard getting hurt was why we won.

Dennard had just looked pretty good in driving all the way down the field and was replaced by Russel Bellomy who could neither run nor throw. There's no way to know how the outcome of the game was affected but let's not pretend that losing Dennard didn't hurt Michigan.

did nobody watch Nebraska play Michigan last year Nebraska handled Michigan the whole damn game. Im starting to question my own memory. Somebody else said a couple days ago how Dennard getting hurt was why we won.

I am not saying that is why we won, but without Denard, it made the game much easier to win.

To tuis day I cant believe they didnt put Gardener in at QB, the "backup" they used was..........sad looking.

Mind boggling. My only explanation is that Gardner didn't have any practice reps. I was expecting UM to go to a 3rd QB because the backup was so bad.

Having our four-year starting, numerous-record setting QB hurt has made it much easier for our opponents to compete/beat us in every game this year.

What you and I apparently don't understand is that talking about the Huskers' injuries is "making excuses", while beating opponents who have some injuries is "getting lucky".

• Fire 3

That 2012 Michigan State game wasn't decided on a bad call. That TD call-back on Dennard's INT was a questionable call, but with the years we've had in the Big Ten, we can all agree these officials are questionable at best. If you're going to say the officials gave us that 2012 game with a bad call, there's an equal argument to make that they gave Sparty this year's game with a host of bad calls.

It didn't nullify the INT, it called back the TD. Sparty still had a ten point lead and the ball with ten minutes to go, and all they had to do was kill the clock and stop Nebraska from scoring. They didn't, they couldn't, and we won that game.

If Dennard does not blindside whoever that was, we lose that game. Period. Since Bo doesn't have any control regarding whether a player on the other team makes a completely unnecessary penalty on a single play, I think it's fair to say he got lucky.

I think you're referring to me, and that wasn't my point.

My point was that you and others (I think correctly) argue that Denard Robinson's injury did not affect the outcome of the Michigan game.

In the next breath, you guys want to excuse Bo on the grounds that Martinez has been injured.

Do you not see the disconnect?

Having our four-year starting, numerous-record setting QB hurt has made it much easier for our opponents to compete/beat us in every game this year.

What you and I apparently don't understand is that talking about the Huskers' injuries is "making excuses", while beating opponents who have some injuries is "getting lucky".

Alternatively, many posters argue that other teams' injuries were non-factors in our victories, but that Martinez's injury is why we've lost so many games.

When did D-Rob get hurt? I thought it was fairly early on in a game that had not been decided. I also seem to remember his backup completely melting down and doing his best Bellomy impression.

I think it's reasonable to say if Robinson hadn't gotten hurt, we don't know how that game would have turned out. OSU is a different story where of course, we were being taken to the shed and Bellomy, well...

That 2012 Michigan State game wasn't decided on a bad call. That TD call-back on Dennard's INT was a questionable call, but with the years we've had in the Big Ten, we can all agree these officials are questionable at best. If you're going to say the officials gave us that 2012 game with a bad call, there's an equal argument to make that they gave Sparty this year's game with a host of bad calls.

It didn't nullify the INT, it called back the TD. Sparty still had a ten point lead and the ball with ten minutes to go, and all they had to do was kill the clock and stop Nebraska from scoring. They didn't, they couldn't, and we won that game.

If Dennard does not blindside whoever that was, we lose that game. Period. Since Bo doesn't have any control regarding whether a player on the other team makes a completely unnecessary penalty on a single play, I think it's fair to say he got lucky.

There were ten minutes left in the game. We drove down and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. That TD would NOT have decided that game. You're playing a huge "what if" there. I'll do the same, and we can both agree nothing was decided.