2014 MLB ballot released

OH HSKR FAN

Moises Alou * Jeff Bagwell Armando Benitez * Craig Biggio Barry Bonds Sean Casey * Roger Clemens Ray Durham * Eric Gagne * Tom Glavine * Luis Gonzalez * Jacque Jones * Todd Jones * Jeff Kent * Paul Lo Duca * Greg Maddux * Edgar Martinez Don Mattingly Fred McGriff Mark McGwire Jack Morris Mike Mussina * Hideo Nomo * Rafael Palmeiro Mike Piazza Tim Raines Kenny Rogers * Curt Schilling Richie Sexson * Lee Smith J.T. Snow * Sammy Sosa Frank Thomas * Mike Timlin * Alan Trammell Larry Walker

So who gets in? *1st time available for HOF.

Greg Maddux is an automatic. Glavine should get in. I think Craig Biggio gets in on his 2nd try. Frank Thomas has the numbers but he played in the "steroid era." however he hit for average as well. Does Jack Morris get in his last opportunity? Jeff Kent put up huge numbers for a 2nd basemen. He had a lot of sucess in obscurity.

Eric Gagne?

Curt Schilling was one of the best pressure pitchers in recent memory. However, not enough W's compared to Maddux and Glavine. Piazza's offensive numbers compare with other catchers but he spent the latter half of his career at another position. I don't view him defensively in the class of a Johnny Bench.

Eric Gagne?

Curt Schilling was one of the best pressure pitchers in recent memory. However, not enough W's compared to Maddux and Glavine. Piazza's offensive numbers compare with other catchers but he spent the latter half of his career at another position. I don't view him defensively in the class of a Johnny Bench.

Yeah, one of the best closers in the game.

Eric Gagne?

Yeah, one of the best closers in the game.

Gagne isn't going to get remotely close to the HOF. He was good for like 3 years and is a closer which is notoriously hard to get into the HOF. I bet Gagne gets less than 5% and falls off the ballot next year.

Moises Alou * Jeff Bagwell Armando Benitez * Craig Biggio Barry Bonds Sean Casey * Roger Clemens Ray Durham * Eric Gagne * Tom Glavine * Luis Gonzalez * Jacque Jones * Todd Jones * Jeff Kent * Paul Lo Duca * Greg Maddux * Edgar Martinez Don Mattingly Fred McGriff Mark McGwire Jack Morris Mike Mussina * Hideo Nomo * Rafael Palmeiro Mike Piazza Tim Raines Kenny Rogers * Curt Schilling Richie Sexson * Lee Smith J.T. Snow * Sammy Sosa Frank Thomas * Mike Timlin * Alan Trammell Larry Walker

Maddux, Glavine, Biggio, Jeff Kent, Eric Gagne, Curt Schilling, Piazza

I like this list. I would replace Gagne with Lee Smith, though. I just don't think Gagne has the overall numbers to make it. Also, I would like Mattingly, Bagwell, Mussina, and Morris get in as well.

The Big Hurt should make it in

He will definitely get in and if he doesn't then that's a shame. Glavine, Maddoux, Mussina, Piazza should all get in along with Bagwell and Biggio. They aren't going to get in this year but Bonds and Clemens should be in the HOF.

Doubt Bonds or Clemens ever get in. Both were deserving before the PED scandal, though.