We need a definitive statement from Eichorst

The time to kill firing/resignation rumors was during the past two weeks. They let an obvioiusly unhealthy situation fester, rather than get behind Bo. Unless Steve and Harvey are just idiots I think that is telling and they were at-least considering firing Bo. If the die wasn't already cast I'd say today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Hell Bo sounds like he's thinks the hook is coming.

I've had the feeling for weeks that BO looks like he's mentally and physically exhausted. I don't think Bo was told he wasn't coming back but I do think that he wasn't given any assurances either.

He was just given a contract extension last season. What more does he want? If he doesn't act like a lunatic against Iowa he keeps his job.

Another massive f#*k up by Tom.

The time to kill firing/resignation rumors was during the past two weeks. They let an obvioiusly unhealthy situation fester, rather than get behind Bo. Unless Steve and Harvey are just idiots I think that is telling and they were at-least considering firing Bo. If the die wasn't already cast I'd say today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Hell Bo sounds like he's thinks the hook is coming.

I've had the feeling for weeks that BO looks like he's mentally and physically exhausted. I don't think Bo was told he wasn't coming back but I do think that he wasn't given any assurances either.

He was just given a contract extension last season. What more does he want? If he doesn't act like a lunatic against Iowa he keeps his job.

Ferentz was a bigger lunatic than Bo.....not sure if TV showed it...probably not, since it wasn't Bo....but he had to be restrained by 3 assistant coaches and looked like he was at a boxing presser....literally fighting with assistants to get at ref....for minutes.....total loss of control.....no flag...and probably no tv coverage.....Bo needed to act crazy....the place was a like a funeral and his team got screwed..... How come no one blames a basketball coach for drawing an intentional technical to get crowd and team fired up... Bo didn't do it on purpose, but it was warranted.

I personally could care less how Ferentz acted. That's like a kid telling his parents, "I failed a test, but Johnny failed too so it's okay". Ferentz coaches at Iowa, Bo coaches at Nebraska, we have a higher standard to uphold here. And Bo has consistently made a joke of this program.

That maniac just hung 38 on us, at home, on senior day.............Oh and on national tv

Serious question. I know Tressel has a show cause which includes a bowl ban. If (big if) he is hired as our next HC before this years bowl game, would that count as the bowl he would sit for?

That is the rumor that I heard as it would count. So Tressel would miss the first five games next year and be able to coach in next years bowl. Probably have Brown as the interim HC for the bowl game.

Ferentz was a bigger lunatic than Bo.....not sure if TV showed it...probably not, since it wasn't Bo....but he had to be restrained by 3 assistant coaches and looked like he was at a boxing presser....literally fighting with assistants to get at ref....for minutes.....total loss of control.....no flag...and probably no tv coverage.....Bo needed to act crazy....the place was a like a funeral and his team got screwed..... How come no one blames a basketball coach for drawing an intentional technical to get crowd and team fired up... Bo didn't do it on purpose, but it was warranted.

I personally could care less how Ferentz acted. That's like a kid telling his parents, "I failed a test, but Johnny failed too so it's okay". Ferentz coaches at Iowa, Bo coaches at Nebraska, we have a higher standard to uphold here. And Bo has consistently made a joke of this program.

What my point is......is that everytime Bo does anything at all, cameras, announcers, some fans are all over him......but if guys like Saban, Muschamp, Kelly, etc blow a gasket....the tv pundints say "the guy never quits coaching"...... pretty tired of the double standard of media and some fans...... if Kirk does it, he is sticking up for his team or "he doesn't coach here...blah...blah....Bo does something much less and gets crucified for 'embarassing' program....c'mon...... probably from the same people who really like the new rules about hitting qbs and defenseless players...it's football....emotional !!

Announcers: "Ferentz is going crazy on the sideline. Needs to be restrained by his asst. coaches" All the while they are showing Pelini chewing his gum. Not even kidding.

Wonder if the same fans who say Bo embarasses program, supported TO when he chose to play Lawrence, and put up with the Peter brothers "so-called" sexual misconducts, and guys getting shot by gang members at home....... Would bet that they applauded him for that.......because he was WINNING.... if you want Bo gone, base it on record.....don't throw actions into the fray.... watch other coaches press conferences....hell, they get up and leave....they scream and throw papers..... So Bo called out the media and refs...... wow

Say what you want, but his antics wouldn't matter so much if he were winning. They would be described as you said Saban is described.

Winning covers up a lot.

I don't like it, but if he were winning Championships, I could ignore it.

That is the sad truth, it isn't just his attitude. He is not a great football coach and he is being paid a salary that should go to a great football coach.

It's the total package, and that package is very poor for Bo Pelini.

Say what you want, but his antics wouldn't matter so much if he were winning. They would be described as you said Saban is described.

Winning covers up a lot.

That is the sad truth, it isn't just his attitude. He is not a great football coach and he is being paid a salary that should go to a great football coach.

I can absolutely live with you explanation rather than just basing it on his antics....fair enough....

I will counter that with I hope people are basing it off of his previous games (years) because I am not sure many guys could have taken a 3rd string walk-on QB ( non-mobile)...allowing def to focus solely on Ameer..... and 2nd teir offensive line and attacked a defense, described by many experts as one of the best front 7s in the big 10..... He didn't coach Quincy to drop 2-3 balls that he normally catches.. or asked Ameer to fumble (again).... Iowa flat out beat us up front today....they are the better team and if friggin sucks....but, it doesn't fall solely on the HC.... players have to make plays.

Winning covers up a lot.

I can absolutely live with you explanation rather than just basing it on his antics....fair enough....

I will counter that with I hope people are basing it off of his previous games (years) because I am not sure many guys could have taken a 3rd string walk-on QB ( non-mobile)...allowing def to focus solely on Ameer..... and 2nd teir offensive line and attacked a defense, described by many experts as one of the best front 7s in the big 10..... He didn't coach Quincy to drop 2-3 balls that he normally catches.. or asked Ameer to fumble (again).... Iowa flat out beat us up front today....they are the better team and if friggin sucks....but, it doesn't fall solely on the HC.... players have to make plays.

True. It is never wholly on one party. Generally many people make mistakes in order to begin to have discussions like this.

When things go south, things have to change to reverse the trend. It was blamed on middle management originally, then it fell to the Directors, then the decision to make changes fell to the VP of the division. Now that burden of change is on the Executive Vice President before it reaches the CEO.

Position coaches were changed, then coordinators, now the AD has to decide if the Head Coach needs to be changed before the repeated poor performance costs him his job or gets so bad the company can never recover, which will fall on the Chancellor.

You can afford a Vp pissing off customers about as well as you can handle a HC pissing off his fans.

can we edit the title to say "THE TEAM, needs a definitive statement from Eichorst."? we aren't owed anything, it's the team that ultimately will be affected the most by the actions of the athletic department.

I tried to edit the title to say "The football program, wouldn't let me. But if an admin can change that, it would be cool.

With the rumors and speculation coupled with the previous coaching and even AD search, I would like to think that all sides (Harv and Eich) have learned a lesson and have a candidate in mind who has signed a non-disclosure and has agreed in part to accepting the NU job. (Dependent that the admn wanted Bo fired to begin with).

If Bo is fired with no one having already been contacted and committed, we are screwed. If this is the case then those above Bo need to pack as well.

I am all for announcing the new HC and Bo leaving at the same press conference ... if Bo is replaced.

Serious question. I know Tressel has a show cause which includes a bowl ban. If (big if) he is hired as our next HC before this years bowl game, would that count as the bowl he would sit for?

That is the rumor that I heard as it would count. So Tressel would miss the first five games next year and be able to coach in next years bowl. Probably have Brown as the interim HC for the bowl game.

Do you know what the definition of miss the first 5 games is? Could he run the program, and only miss the games?