What did we learn.......

Hunter94

That from my couch, I can correctly call a crap load of the plays the NU opponent is going to run.

Said it weeks ago, our punt return game is awful and Westy should not be back there.

Today I was disappointed to see Iowa be the aggressor and just work our patchwork O-line but they also had their will pushing our defense around with their O-line. Too much turkey for our guys and it showed.

Everything else is been there, done that. Turn the ball over, drop passes, missed tackles, stupid coaching, penalties, coach sideline meltdowns.

Pathetic and embarrassing. NU can and will do better. GBR.

1) We have no faith in our back up RB's. None.

2) Beck can't call a complete game to save his life

3) We have NO ST's. We should not even attempt to have a punt returner there. Stupid.

4) We have no concept of the fundamentals.

5) We have no concept of trying to "knock the ball" loose.

6) Pressure works. Really, it does. We just don't bring it. Not against a statue of a QB and not against his back up.

7) I started a thread about the kudos to the staff, they have done a good job keeping it together. Today it all fell apart.

8) Bo has no desire to stay. He is burned out and completely believes the us vs them.

9) We lost to Minnie and Iowa. Let that sink in.

10) We are on our way to becoming a bottom feeder in the B1G. The team no one fears.

11) We might have the dumbest staff in the FBS

12) We have a lot of talent coming back, hope it doesn't include the coaches. The kids and fans deserve better.

1) That our defense won us every game this year with exception of Wyoming and SDSU.

2) That our offensive play calling continually puts our players in bad positions to have success.

3) That it appeared that the coaches were a little desperate with the fake punt deep in our own territory, and the panic attack of offensive play calling in the 4th quarter.

3) We have NO ST's. We should not even attempt to have a punt returner there. Stupid.

6) Pressure works. Really, it does. We just don't bring it. Not against a statue of a QB and not against his back up.

7) I started a thread about the kudos to the staff, they have done a good job keeping it together. Today it all fell apart.

8) Bo has no desire to stay. He is burned out and completely believes the us vs them.

10) We are on our way to becoming a bottom feeder in the B1G. The team no one fears.

12) We have a lot of talent coming back, hope it doesn't include the coaches. The kids and fans deserve better.

This.

1.We are the same team over and over and over and over and over and over and over

2.We have an incompetent coaching staff.

3. We have a coach who gets tired and hates being asked questions on his status as head coach, but year in and year out he doesn't change anything

4. We couldn't hold on to the ball for a whole game even if we had gorrilla glue on our hands.

5. Excuses are over with.

6. I can't even be hopeful for next year. Going to Wisconsin will be a beat down, looking at the schedule we could easily have the same season we did this year.

7. Special teams is a joke

8. As is Strength and conditioning

9. Beck needs to go

10. We can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't coach them it doesn't mean a damn thing.

11. Mediocre is not the Nebraska way, but for 15 years that's what we have been.

positives

Ameer Abdullah

#121 out of #123 in negative turnovers ratio. Same thing last year.....and previous year and ........ :bang

Well at least better than California and S.Miss turnovers ratio :facepalm:

And sadly, folks (myself included) blamed Martinez for this. Dag, seems like it is a systemic problem that was not related only to Martinez. The whole team suffers from this.

6. I can't even be hopeful for next year. Going to Wisconsin will be a beat down, looking at the schedule we could easily have the same season we did this year.

early early prediction:

Florida Atlantic: W

McNeese: W

Fresno St @ Fresno: L

MiamiFL: L

Illinois: W

Spartans: L

Northwestern: L (no Hail Mary)

Rutgers: W

Purdue: W

Badgers: L

Gophers: W

Iowa: L

6W-6L

This.

Agree. The fake punt call, after an Iowa timeout, may be the single worst play call I have seen in a long time. Mind boggling.

Positives:

Our defense turned out to be better than expected and will be very good next year.

Ameer Abdullah has a heart the size of the state

Kenny Bell would take on the devil if he had Bo on his side (I think that's a positive?)

Valentine looked good. He is also a very big man, don't let him sit on you.

Not-so-positives:

Westerkamp's stache. When you play that poorly with a mustache like that, you look like a giant caricature... It's only funny when you're winning.

Enunwa's drops. Turns out he may be regretting those subtle jabs he made about Martinez's passing abilities. He's had some missed opportunities this week and against Michigan State.

Pelini's circus. We're relevant, guys! Just check twitter!

Creative playcalling. WTF was that fake punt?

New regime. It looks like Pelini will be taking his millions and laughing all the way to the bank, some bank far, far away from Lincoln. And now it will be time to rebuild. Hopefully it happens faster than 6 years from now.