From Shawn Eichorst

I've been on the fence all season, I really don't care about Bo's tantrums or his off-air remarks, all I care about is how we play on the field for the most part. I am fine with him staying but I would like to see a new OC, our offense has zero identity, gives our defense little time to rest and seems like our play calling changes dramatically each and every game, as if they have no clue what works and just try various things.

Hate to bring up the old days, but our offense used to tire the other team out and by the end of the 3rd Qtr. it was over as the opponent was exhausted. The 3 and outs we have now are very damaging. I would also like to see us go back to a huddle approach, if anything, to just give our defense some more time to catch their breath.

Anyways, looks like Pelini is here to stay unless we get blow out in the bowl game...Stanton vs. Armstrong will be the next thing to watch I guess...

We hear the same tired sh#t every year. You know what I saw at the game? A lot of empty seats. Not just the student section. It will continue next year. This is the least hopeful I've ever been about the direction of our program. We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.

we are closer to losing the sellout streak than people want to believe. keeping a coach that is so dedicated to being combative and pugnacious with the fan-base certainly does not help.

What I saw from the fans yesterday was pathetic. The sell-out streak is a joke. Everyone knows it. It's hilarious when they announced it and we all looked around and saw all the empty seats in the student section and around us. It made for an enjoyable experience I guess because I wasn't squished in my seat like normal. Sooner or later the boosters are going to quit buying up all the extra tickets.

I'm with sd'sker.

Why do you magically expect things to get better next year? We've been waiting to get over that same hump for years now. Seems we have the same convo about how next year is the year every year... well, congratulations, now we're the f***ing Cubs.

If you're willing to give Bo another year because the defense got better this year, what the hell do we do with the offense? The turnovers? The penalties?

Newsflash: It's not getting fixed if Bo is retained and retains Beck, which he will. #fireBeck

This team will continue to play the same mistake-prone, shoot yourself in the foot style of ball we've all grown to love year after year until a new regime comes in.

Between the mistakes and inability for the same team to show up every week prepared and ready to play (sigh-- I wish we showed up ready to dominate like we used to), there's several wrongs Bo has to right ON THE FIELD before this team ever truly becomes anything. And that's excluding the childish off the field crap.

I'm with sd'sker.

Why do you magically expect things to get better next year? We've been waiting to get over that same hump for years now. Seems we have the same convo about how next year is the year every year... well, congratulations, now we're the f***ing Cubs.

If you're willing to give Bo another year because the defense got better this year, what the hell do we do with the offense? The turnovers? The penalties?

Newsflash: It's not getting fixed if Bo is retained and retains Beck, which he will. #fireBeck

and the real joke with the argument that the defense got better throughout the year is that:

A. the defense was a complete joke last year, the beginning of this year, and parts of the end of the year. so it would be impossible for it not to have gotten better, and truly impossible for it to have gotten worse.

B. the defense was terrible and in such desperate need for improvement because of bo. why does he get credit for fixing something he broke?

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

But is Eichorst making the right decision based on the needs on the program or is he willing to allow the program to possibly derail further just to prove a point? If what you theorize is true, then IMO this is nothing more than a "mine is bigger than yours" attitude and does nothing to help the program either way

Not sure, but it could be Eichorst subtly delivering the message that he will not be caught up in fan/media hysteria. That decisions will be made on his timetable and based upon his criteria, now and in the future. Or as Bo might say "I'm in charge so sit down and STFU." Safe to say their will be lots of speculation over the statement but he seems to keep things up in his head and out of the public eye. It would suck to play poker with this guy.