From Shawn Eichorst

I agree with this. Pelini had numerous injuries this year and despite everything fielded a very competitive team. The D improved a great deal between the beginning of the year through the Iowa game. Absolutely no problem with Bo coming back next year.

The defense only improved because Bo played a horrible scheme in the beginning of the season and NU was ranked near the bottom defensively. Look at the trend of NU's end of season rankings. It is going down. We do not even expect NU to be a pre-season top 20 team anymore.

It's true. Sagarin had us ranked #49 before Iowa.

It's amazing how the Bo supporters see "improvement" when virtually every single objective metric (turnovers, wins, rankings) shows otherwise. Far from improving, we are ever so imperceptibly slowly creeping downward. Rather than on the cusp of greatness, we are on the brink of abject mediocrity. The only reason we're not already there is one hail mary pass.

We officially just became Iowa. Great.

I would go on a rant.......if I cared anymore, but I don't. It would be extremely counter-productive for me to care more than our AD or HC. They aren't changing so I will. #apathy

yup. this is what bo has done. but hey, the bo supporters are happy we can expect 9 wins (maybe).

No one who supports Bo is happy about this. We want and demand that Nebraska achieves more, just some of us believe Bo has made improvements since he has been here and is close to bringing us back to where we need to be.

Not being a smarta** here, serious quesiton. What have we improved on in the last six years that leads you to believe we are close to being back?

The D improved throughout the year and looked much better than last year. The O was decimated by injuries, but at times with TA running it, seemed very effective. Hard to really judge the O with the number of injuries, but the D was easily much improved.

We defeated a Michigan team that is taking it to Ohio State, were in the game with a possible top 10 Michigan State despite 5 turnovers. Last year we took it to a Georgia team (for 3 quarters) that was 5 yards away from possibly being the national champion.

And I honestly believe without the injuries or even with a healthy TM we go 10-2 this year and are playing for a Rose Bowl birth.

That's a pretty vague statement.

Perception from national media as well

@RapSheet: Out of pocket Fri, catching up. Holy cow, Nebraska AD's statement on Pelini offers the least support I've ever read: http://t.co/yJRenxVGTa

The media also kept speculating after Jeremy Foley issued a statement of support for Muschamp. That's the role of the media. Eichorst's statement includes the words "unfounded speculation". That seems fairly strong to me. Also, Pelini's fire me comment was directed toward a media member who asked him about it. I do not believe it was a "dare" to Eichorst. My guess is Eichorst and Pelini might have a better relationship than we know.

I, for one, look forward to a mistake riddled bowl performance. It's really entertaining when I can almost pinpoint the moments the team will have a penalty, fumble, interception or horrific special teams play. Gives me something else to do instead of shake my head in disgust. But hey, these kids will run through a wall for Bo but learning and playing fundamentally sound football is where they draw the line.

Thank god for you sir.

PLEASE forward your resume and qualifications to Eichorst.

Then maybe you can become a positve influence for this site and diminish the overwhelming amount of negativity.

I sometimes feel the only way to satisfy some posters would be 13-0 seasons with 13 shutouts, no penalties, mistakes or injuries.

333 sellouts speaks to something. When the fans stop coming, we then have a problem. Til then, voice your opinion, but support the players, staff and admin

First of all, that's already happening. Looked at the student section lately? And you think that ticked off boosters are going to continue to buy up seats to help protect the streak? An inflamed fanbase at least shows passion for the team. Apathy is much, much scarier.

I, for one, look forward to a mistake riddled bowl performance. It's really entertaining when I can almost pinpoint the moments the team will have a penalty, fumble, interception or horrific special teams play. Gives me something else to do instead of shake my head in disgust. But hey, these kids will run through a wall for Bo but learning and playing fundamentally sound football is where they draw the line.

Thank god for you sir.

Then maybe you can become a positve influence for this site and diminish the overwhelming amount of negativity.

I sometimes feel the only way to satisfy some posters would be 13-0 seasons with 13 shutouts, no penalties, mistakes or injuries.

333 sellouts speaks to something. When the fans stop coming, we then have a problem. Til then, voice your opinion, but support the players, staff and admin Til then, voice your opinion, unless it is not in support of the players, staff and admin.

Fixed it.

I believe Beck is an exception because Bo has no offensive experience and therefore that whole side of the ball becomes Beck's baby.

Therefore, any offensive flaws fall right on Beck's doorstep.

But then again, you can play the chicken/egg game, because Bo chose to hire Beck...

this is true. but i really do not mind beck. he just needs an offense that does not turn the ball over. .

Agree

The D improved throughout the year and looked much better than last year. The O was decimated by injuries, but at times with TA running it, seemed very effective. Hard to really judge the O with the number of injuries, but the D was easily much improved.

We defeated a Michigan team that is taking it to Ohio State, were in the game with a possible top 10 Michigan State despite 5 turnovers. Last year we took it to a Georgia team (for 3 quarters) that was 5 yards away from possibly being the national champion.

And I honestly believe without the injuries or even with a healthy TM we go 10-2 this year and are playing for a Rose Bowl birth.

not bad, but that is what we have said every year. we were close to beating texas and ou in the ccg's. we were close to undefeated if not for isu, atm, texas, va. tech... we just need to stop the blowouts. same song and dance.

we are always close and would be there but for...

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

This is probably the most interesting speculation I've read so far. Makes some sense when you think about the situation where both parties, we'll at least one party, is digging in their heels so to speak.

I agree with this. Pelini had numerous injuries this year and despite everything fielded a very competitive team. The D improved a great deal between the beginning of the year through the Iowa game. Absolutely no problem with Bo coming back next year.

The defense only improved because Bo played a horrible scheme in the beginning of the season and NU was ranked near the bottom defensively. Look at the trend of NU's end of season rankings. It is going down. We do not even expect NU to be a pre-season top 20 team anymore.

It's true. Sagarin had us ranked #49 before Iowa.

It's amazing how the Bo supporters see "improvement" when virtually every single objective metric (turnovers, wins, rankings) shows otherwise. Far from improving, we are ever so imperceptibly slowly creeping downward. Rather than on the cusp of greatness, we are on the brink of abject mediocrity. The only reason we're not already there is one hail mary pass.

And the anit-BO people only see negative no matter what. It amazes me the amount of venom and condescending tones used by the anti-Bo people. Not only want the man gone but attack anyone who disagrees.

We officially just became Iowa. Great.

I would go on a rant.......if I cared anymore, but I don't. It would be extremely counter-productive for me to care more than our AD or HC. They aren't changing so I will. #apathy

yup. this is what bo has done. but hey, the bo supporters are happy we can expect 9 wins (maybe).

No one who supports Bo is happy about this. We want and demand that Nebraska achieves more, just some of us believe Bo has made improvements since he has been here and is close to bringing us back to where we need to be.

Not being a smarta** here, serious quesiton. What have we improved on in the last six years that leads you to believe we are close to being back?

Our "improvement" on D nicely correlated with us playing Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Iowa.

Penn State is ranked #56 in total offense.

Iowa is ranked #60 in total offense.

Michigan State is ranked #81 in total offense.

Michigan is ranked #99 in total offense.

In other words, our "improved" defense filled itself up on a bunch of cupcake offenses that range from the definition of mediocre all the way to completely pathetic. We would get absolutely shredded by anyone in the top 25 of total offense.

Thank god for you sir.

333 sellouts speaks to something. When the fans stop coming, we then have a problem. Til then, voice your opinion, but support the players, staff and admin

Did you look at the stands yesterday. They already have stop coming. Something that's been eluded to several weeks prior to this.