From Shawn Eichorst

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

Eichorst has just made perhaps the biggest blunder of anyone in Husker history. He's supposed to be the PR guy for the athletic dept, but instead has let this situation fester and become absolutely toxic. He either needed to come out with support a few days ago when speculation started to get out of control, kept silent now so he can fire the guy, or at least told Bo he was staying in private so he's not twisting in the wind. Instead Eichorst lets the situation completely deteriorate, and then tries to half-a$$edly salvage it. Completely and totally inept handling by the AD.

The only way to salvage this now is with some magical whirlwind tour PR with Bo and SE glad handing everyone and making kissy faces at the fans - and even that's unlikely to help much. Or SE needs to come up with show-cause so Bo can be fired without paying the buyout - but then SE should have just kept his mouth shut instead of coming out in support of Bo.

And the anit-BO people only see negative no matter what. It amazes me the amount of venom and condescending tones used by the anti-Bo people. Not only want the man gone but attack anyone who disagrees.

It's because you folks insult our intelligence with ridiculous apologies for Bo. We're watching the games, too. We can see the stats.

It's also because it angers us to see our fellow fans acting like cowards. "Who we gonna get?" "We're worthless. No coach worth his salt would want us!"

The opposite is also true: that it can be "cowardly" to give up on the coach instead of having the courage to stick with him when times are tough. There's no right or correct answer here.

After all the events that played out yesterday I'm genuinely surprised that Bo wasn't let go this morning.

Agreed. Could be:

1. Buyout is too high. See 3 below.

2. Need time to evaluate other HC options. Something might happen after the bowl game.

3. Give Bo another year based on making changes to the program which are in obvious need of repair.

After all the events that played out yesterday I'm genuinely surprised that Bo wasn't let go this morning.

Agreed. Could be:

2. Need time to evaluate other HC options. Something might happen after the bowl game.

3. Give Bo another year based on making changes to the program which are in obvious need of repair.

4. Eichorst and the administration are incompetent.

Agreed. Could be:

5. They have a lot more perspective than many.

Agreed. Could be:

6. Eichorst wants to kill the sellout streak

Agreed. Could be:

7. Waiting to hear back from Bill Callahan

Agreed. Could be:

Plot twist. Eichorst IS the sellout steak.

With Huskernation being as divided as it is right now, not making a decision is probably best. You're sort of only adding fuel to the fire.

It seems that he's willing to wait it out to see if Pelini either figures it out or hangs himself. In either case, the decision would be simple and most likely have a lot of support.

Don't make a bad situation worse by making a rash decision. I don't know that changing things right this minute would really matter too much in the long run.

• Fire 1