From Shawn Eichorst

damn, a coach and an AD with no sense of direction....nice.

Maybe or maybe not.....

I guess in the end I would choose the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole goes with this ending. I think Eichorst will be at the bottom of the hole. He is an AD and a lawyer after all. Bo really burned some bridges and I don't see him staying very long with this administration. I think they avoid the "Peterson approach" and work out a more favorable scenario for the university. Might take after the bowl game to do this.

i can only hope you are correct.....no sane AD would let the infection spread....

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

Eichorst has just made perhaps the biggest blunder of anyone in Husker history. He's supposed to be the PR guy for the athletic dept, but instead has let this situation fester and become absolutely toxic. He either needed to come out with support a few days ago when speculation started to get out of control, kept silent now so he can fire the guy, or at least told Bo he was staying in private so he's not twisting in the wind. Instead Eichorst lets the situation completely deteriorate, and then tries to half-a$$edly salvage it. Completely and totally inept handling by the AD.

The only way to salvage this now is with some magical whirlwind tour PR with Bo and SE glad handing everyone and making kissy faces at the fans - and even that's unlikely to help much. Or SE needs to come up with show-cause so Bo can be fired without paying the buyout - but then SE should have just kept his mouth shut instead of coming out in support of Bo.

THIS

I don't see him playing chicken, I'd say dude is just that clueless. He had every opportunity to squash all this distracting, stressful, recruiting-damaging drama. The during and postgame meltdowns yesterday could've been avoided. Instead he didn't do a damn think. I don't care what your style is or that you like to wait til after the season. If Bo is your guy you don't let an ugly situation fester and have a deleterious effect.

Now you support the guy when considerable damage has been done, when fans and even Bo thinks it's over? Geez, that is utter incompetence.

• Fire 1

Now you support the guy when considerable damage has been done, when fans and even Bo thinks it's over? Geez, that is utter incompetence.

I think Pelini knew where he stood, and I think Pelini and Eichorst have a better relationship than we are aware of. ADs know the head coach of the top revenue generating sport at their university.

damn, a coach and an AD with no sense of direction....nice.

Maybe or maybe not.....

I guess in the end I would choose the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole goes with this ending. I think Eichorst will be at the bottom of the hole. He is an AD and a lawyer after all. Bo really burned some bridges and I don't see him staying very long with this administration. I think they avoid the "Peterson approach" and work out a more favorable scenario for the university. Might take after the bowl game to do this.

That could very well be.

I think Pelini knew where he stood, and I think Pelini and Eichorst have a better relationship than we are aware of. ADs know the head coach of the top revenue generating sport at their university.

Hmmm I think I disagree with this. Pelini had the look of a desperate man yesterday. The strange fake punt (totally out of character for him and also way too early in the game)... the crazed hat swipe... the "what kind of question is that" retort at halftime... the post-game rant against the media... the "if they wanna fire me" statement... I don't think Pelini knew at all where he stood. And honestly, it's quite possible that he still isn't entirely certain given the fervor shooting around the state today.

• Fire 2

With Huskernation being as divided as it is right now, not making a decision is probably best. You're sort of only adding fuel to the fire.

It seems that he's willing to wait it out to see if Pelini either figures it out or hangs himself. In either case, the decision would be simple and most likely have a lot of support.

Don't make a bad situation worse by making a rash decision. I don't know that changing things right this minute would really matter too much in the long run.

This is probably true, but I feel there are rifts that need healing in the offseason, and it is awful hard to imagine Bo being the guy who leads that effort at this point.

I'll tell you what.

What I'm sick of is a coach who is sick of coaching where he is. Sick of being under the microscope that is NU football. Sick of having to answer up to why his team fails to get it done year after year and looking clueless when he doesn't have any actual answers.

If that is the case, and Bo does not want to be here any longer, let him GTFO. He certainly doesn't seem to enjoy being here any more... who the hell truly enjoys or loves what they do and yet says "If you want to fire me, go ahead"? Seriously?! No one who is happy doing what there doing has that little of a problem walking away.

Knapp is right-- you're damn sure that's toxic right there.

I'm sick of social media allowing the >5% of idiot fans to have a mouthpiece to get on and trash players after a tough game. Those fans are the absolute scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to wear an N on anything. Ever. Period. I wish they weren't associated with our team. That's garbage, and there's no place for it at all, butunfortunately that is the society we live in and this crap will probably become more common.

I'm sick of a coach who can't embrace the fans that love their team so much, and uses what that scumbag 5% do or say to turn our team against the majority of us fans who bleed scarlet and cream, support the team unwaveringly, and want nothing more than to succeed as bad as they do. It sucks that it feels sometimes like our own head coach has no appreciation for the rest of us and would rather be playing football in a freaking vacuum with only the opposing team and no fans at all.

And if it's going to turn into a pissing match about resigning vs. termination for buyout purposes, Eichorst damn well better have Bo wrapped totally around his finger as far as changes to the program goes. If Bo hates it here and is only sticking it out because of the buyout, that's bush league and we better get some wholesale, major changes to this staff and program in general, because he's shown a complete inability to get where we should be in the SIX years he's had now, and that's plenty of time.

Eichorst better get every single little change he wants, right down to the type of toilet paper Bo wipes with, or find a way out of the contract and have his choice coach ready to be hired. Bo's lost any kind of leverage he had with that crap he pulled yesterday. I'm sick of this.

• Fire 4

It will be very interesting to see what discipline the B1G hands down for Bo's berserker act. I'm betting that's the straw that breaks the contract buyout. Common knowledge tells us he was told he was on a zero tolerance type policy for things like that after A&M, tape gate, etc.....

I don't see why the B1G would have anything to say about the aTm game. And really even tape gate....

I just don't understand how if Bo is your guy you don't give him support during the season. Doesn't matter what your personal style is if you can kill obviously harmful drama you do it. Now it's too late, the damage has been done, meltdown occurred. If they wanted to make a move then they played it right, stage was set for a change. All but the hardcore Bo supporters are ready to move-on. Instead it appears they didn't want a change but let possibly irrepairable damage happen to the regime. We are paying this guy how much? Possible they are jockeying on the buyout but I'm not optmistic.

• Fire 1

I just don't understand how if Bo is your guy you don't give him support during the season. Doesn't matter what your personal style is if you can kill obviously harmful drama you do it. Now it's too late, the damage has been done, meltdown occurred. If they wanted to make a move then they played it right, stage was set for a change. All but the hardcore Bo supporters are ready to move-on. Instead it appears they didn't want a change but let possibly irrepairable damage happen to the regime. We are paying this guy how much?

I'm in for firing Perlman and Eichorst. They've done a worse job than Bo IMO.

It will be very interesting to see what discipline the B1G hands down for Bo's berserker act. I'm betting that's the straw that breaks the contract buyout. Common knowledge tells us he was told he was on a zero tolerance type policy for things like that after A&M, tape gate, etc.....

Surely something will get Pelini gone....right? Eichorst must have been saying "unfounded speculation and conjecture" in jest.

Perlman's incompetent Denver. Personally I think it's too soon to judge Eichorst, but TO trusted him, so I'd give him a little bit of time to prove himself.

And yes, I'm aware TO hired Bo.

Danimal, I think Eichorst wants a change but will settle for getting every single damn thing he wants out of Bo as far as personnel/program changes go and retaining him. Either way, he wins. I truly don't know if Bo can swallow down that pill from Eichorst and would sooner walk away than terminate his buddies.