From Shawn Eichorst

I am ok with giving Bo 1-2 more years. Yes this year didn't go as planned, but we saw a defense get better throughout the year with alot of first year players and a bunch of first year contributors on an offense riddled with injuries. The future looks bright, and I would like to see Bo have his chance with these players.

We hear the same tired sh#t every year. You know what I saw at the game? A lot of empty seats. Not just the student section. It will continue next year. This is the least hopeful I've ever been about the direction of our program. We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.

really, no sh#t. i slept on it and feel worse this morning, we have lost a lot of respect from fans, recruits and coaches.....Bo is the black eye of our program, the fans will be divided even more next season.

Excuses excuses and more excuses. I don't know how anyone can condone his actions on Friday. Today the university took a step back and allowed him to embarrass the U one more year.

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

I agree. He is becoming less and less stable.

My inlaws are waiting for him to pull a Woody Hayes

It will be very interesting to see what discipline the B1G hands down for Bo's berserker act. I'm betting that's the straw that breaks the contract buyout. Common knowledge tells us he was told he was on a zero tolerance type policy for things like that after A&M, tape gate, etc.....

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

Yep. Next they tell him they want staff changes. They are gonna try and force a resignation. The circus is just now beginning chaps. This is gonna get worse.

Wow, it really surprises me as this will put your recruiting in the toilet. This charade will destruct upon the graduation of current student athletes. The good part is that the eventual buyout will be less. The bad part is that future coaches and prospects will be reading all of this hate. A year, two, or three down the line, a new coach will cost much, much more.

yup.....but with a little more suffering, we'll really feel good about canning Bo.

Yep. Next they tell him they want staff changes. They are gonna try and force a resignation. The circus is just now beginning chaps. This is gonna get worse.

I don't think they will. If they do, then in fairness they'll have to give Bo more time to let the assistants settle in. Plus, Eichorst forcing Bo's hand would make it a lot easier for Bo to save face while doing what even he no doubt knows needs to be done. He could look at Paupuchis and say, "Hey, old buddy. I have no choice." Nope, Eichorst is not going to make it that easy for Bo.

The next couple years are going to be rough in terms of football, but excellent in terms of entertainment. I do feel bad for the older fans among us who only have so many seasons left.

I do believe Bo is the right man...I just wish some staff changes could be made. Not sure this will happen...guessing he is on very thin ice/short leash. Might not be fair, but it is what it is. Hope for a great bowl performance and they use these extra practices to continue to build for next year. GBR!
He hired this staff. But he's the right man right?
yeah. and frankly, if you want to keep him, you have to let him run the program as he sees fit. it is crazy to micromanage his staff and expect him to be able to work with the people that were chosen for him. you cannot undermine him and expect success, especially when he cannot succeed with the people who he wants to work with and he wants to work with. again, why does bo get a pass, but his staff are the sacrificial lambs? and it has always been the coordinators that get the surplus of the blame.

How does Bo know this was going to happen? I am sure in your line of work everyone hired does a perfect job and is fired IMMEDIATELY after mistakes?? In my line of work, I have hired coaches who I thought were going to work out, but they some did not for whatever reason. It will be interesting to see if all stay or some are asked to find another job. Not sure. All I know is there need to be some adjustments made in order for this to work. Injuries really caught up with the offense...I am not sure what program could have the amount of injuries and survive the games that the Huskers did.

my line of work is irrelevant because i am not a head coach at a major university. but bo decided to hire inexperienced coordinators to the disadvantage of the program. why should there not be consequences for his lack of judgment?

I do believe Bo is the right man...I just wish some staff changes could be made. Not sure this will happen...guessing he is on very thin ice/short leash. Might not be fair, but it is what it is. Hope for a great bowl performance and they use these extra practices to continue to build for next year. GBR!
He hired this staff. But he's the right man right?
yeah. and frankly, if you want to keep him, you have to let him run the program as he sees fit. it is crazy to micromanage his staff and expect him to be able to work with the people that were chosen for him. you cannot undermine him and expect success, especially when he cannot succeed with the people who he wants to work with and he wants to work with. again, why does bo get a pass, but his staff are the sacrificial lambs? and it has always been the coordinators that get the surplus of the blame.

How does Bo know this was going to happen? I am sure in your line of work everyone hired does a perfect job and is fired IMMEDIATELY after mistakes?? In my line of work, I have hired coaches who I thought were going to work out, but they some did not for whatever reason. It will be interesting to see if all stay or some are asked to find another job. Not sure. All I know is there need to be some adjustments made in order for this to work. Injuries really caught up with the offense...I am not sure what program could have the amount of injuries and survive the games that the Huskers did.

my line of work is irrelevant because i am not a head coach at a major university. but bo decided to hire inexperienced coordinators to the disadvantage of the program. why should there not be consequences for his lack of judgment?

Because 9 wins silly. You really should buy a Boliever mad libs book.

damn, a coach and an AD with no sense of direction....nice.

Maybe or maybe not.....

I guess in the end I would choose the red pill and see how far the rabbit hole goes with this ending. I think Eichorst will be at the bottom of the hole. He is an AD and a lawyer after all. Bo really burned some bridges and I don't see him staying very long with this administration. I think they avoid the "Peterson approach" and work out a more favorable scenario for the university. Might take after the bowl game to do this.