From Shawn Eichorst

I'll tell you what.

What I'm sick of is a coach who is sick of coaching where he is. Sick of being under the microscope that is NU football. Sick of having to answer up to why his team fails to get it done year after year and looking clueless when he doesn't have any actual answers.

If that is the case, and Bo does not want to be here any longer, let him GTFO. He certainly doesn't seem to enjoy being here any more... who the hell truly enjoys or loves what they do and yet says "If you want to fire me, go ahead"? Seriously?! No one who is happy doing what there doing has that little of a problem walking away.

Knapp is right-- you're damn sure that's toxic right there.

I'm sick of social media allowing the >5% of idiot fans to have a mouthpiece to get on and trash players after a tough game. Those fans are the absolute scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to wear an N on anything. Ever. Period. I wish they weren't associated with our team. That's garbage, and there's no place for it at all, butunfortunately that is the society we live in and this crap will probably become more common.

I'm sick of a coach who can't embrace the fans that love their team so much, and uses what that scumbag 5% do or say to turn our team against the majority of us fans who bleed scarlet and cream, support the team unwaveringly, and want nothing more than to succeed as bad as they do. It sucks that it feels sometimes like our own head coach has no appreciation for the rest of us and would rather be playing football in a freaking vacuum with only the opposing team and no fans at all.

And if it's going to turn into a pissing match about resigning vs. termination for buyout purposes, Eichorst damn well better have Bo wrapped totally around his finger as far as changes to the program goes. If Bo hates it here and is only sticking it out because of the buyout, that's bush league and we better get some wholesale, major changes to this staff and program in general, because he's shown a complete inability to get where we should be in the SIX years he's had now, and that's plenty of time.

Eichorst better get every single little change he wants, right down to the type of toilet paper Bo wipes with, or find a way out of the contract and have his choice coach ready to be hired. Bo's lost any kind of leverage he had with that crap he pulled yesterday. I'm sick of this.

+1

agree-nod.gif

Perlman's incompetent Denver. Personally I think it's too soon to judge Eichorst, but TO trusted him, so I'd give him a little bit of time to prove himself.

And yes, I'm aware TO hired Bo.

Danimal, I think Eichorst wants a change but will settle for getting every single damn thing he wants out of Bo as far as personnel/program changes go and retaining him. Either way, he wins. I truly don't know if Bo can swallow down that pill from Eichorst and would sooner walk away than terminate his buddies.

Bo is stubborn and loyal but I don't think to the point he'd lose his massive paycheck and leave over it. Thing is, with all the drama I'd be interested to see what new assistants we'd get. Might have to quarantee more money so candidates would feel more secure about taking a job here. I'd like to see another run at Zook for DC, move Paps to LB/ST's, lose Els. On O lose Cotton, give Fisher the TE's and bring in a good qb coach. Could put Cotton and/or Els in an office job.

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

This may be. But boy...if that's the case, that's just wonderful for the fans, players, and the program.

Fire Bo, keep Bo, who really gives a sh*t anymore.

Who hasn't helped ruin this program lately?

fans? check.

media? check.

coaches? check.

admin? check.

social media? check.

Let the circus continue.

I'll tell you what.

What I'm sick of is a coach who is sick of coaching where he is. Sick of being under the microscope that is NU football. Sick of having to answer up to why his team fails to get it done year after year and looking clueless when he doesn't have any actual answers.

If that is the case, and Bo does not want to be here any longer, let him GTFO. He certainly doesn't seem to enjoy being here any more... who the hell truly enjoys or loves what they do and yet says "If you want to fire me, go ahead"? Seriously?! No one who is happy doing what there doing has that little of a problem walking away.

I'm sick of social media allowing the >5% of idiot fans to have a mouthpiece to get on and trash players after a tough game. Those fans are the absolute scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to wear an N on anything. Ever. Period. I wish they weren't associated with our team. That's garbage, and there's no place for it at all, butunfortunately that is the society we live in and this crap will probably become more common.

I'm sick of a coach who can't embrace the fans that love their team so much, and uses what that scumbag 5% do or say to turn our team against the majority of us fans who bleed scarlet and cream, support the team unwaveringly, and want nothing more than to succeed as bad as they do. It sucks that it feels sometimes like our own head coach has no appreciation for the rest of us and would rather be playing football in a freaking vacuum with only the opposing team and no fans at all.

And if it's going to turn into a pissing match about resigning vs. termination for buyout purposes, Eichorst damn well better have Bo wrapped totally around his finger as far as changes to the program goes. If Bo hates it here and is only sticking it out because of the buyout, that's bush league and we better get some wholesale, major changes to this staff and program in general, because he's shown a complete inability to get where we should be in the SIX years he's had now, and that's plenty of time.

Eichorst better get every single little change he wants, right down to the type of toilet paper Bo wipes with, or find a way out of the contract and have his choice coach ready to be hired. Bo's lost any kind of leverage he had with that crap he pulled yesterday. I'm sick of this.

This. Seriously, ever since MSU loss, I feel like he's been here just to collect his check. Doesn't want to be here anymore

We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.</p>

You would probably go into shock and die if you knew how very, very little part of my self esteem originates from being a Husker fan...as in none at all. The Nebraska team is what it is, and I take no credit or blame for it. If I get tired of watching them, I change the channel or go down to the basement.</p>

Perlman's incompetent Denver. Personally I think it's too soon to judge Eichorst, but TO trusted him, so I'd give him a little bit of time to prove himself.

And yes, I'm aware TO hired Bo.

Danimal, I think Eichorst wants a change but will settle for getting every single damn thing he wants out of Bo as far as personnel/program changes go and retaining him. Either way, he wins. I truly don't know if Bo can swallow down that pill from Eichorst and would sooner walk away than terminate his buddies.

Bo is stubborn and loyal but I don't think to the point he'd lose his massive paycheck and leave over it. Thing is, with all the drama I'd be interested to see what new assistants we'd get. Might have to quarantee more money so candidates would feel more secure about taking a job here. I'd like to see another run at Zook for DC, move Paps to LB/ST's, lose Els. On O lose Cotton, give Fisher the TE's and bring in a good qb coach. Could put Cotton and/or Els in an office job.

As far as filling position coaches, you may be right. But surely I'd think NU would spring for any position coach we want anyway, considering they make meager salaries compared to the HC or even coordinators.

In this scenario, would you be OK leaving Beck as the OC? If so, that's where we diverge. Even if we had a QB coach and thus better QB play, we'd still suffer systemic turnover problems because Beck does not coach his offense in such a way as to sufficiently preach ball security. Some of the interceptions would hopefully be mitigated, but the ridiculous fumbles from TA, Ameer, Quincy, and whoever else? They'd still be there. Unless that truly is just the player. In which case we have to wait until that particular player graduates to remedy the problem.

I'd seriously look at giving Scott Frost a call and doing whatever you can to get him to be the next OC here...IF you want to keep Bo and keep the spread offense. He's got Oregon shredding defenses as usual... 3rd in the nation in total offense and 5th in scoring.

If you don't want to keep the spread, get whoever the hell runs the best offense. We'd all love the return of smash mouth, aggressive, SMART (turnover-free) offense. But we'd be left with a lot of personnel (i.e., QB's that excel at running) and no true pocket passer on the roster. Scout likened Stanton to Tebow on his recruiting profile, so he'd probably fit best in a spread offense as well.

Glad Bo will be staying another year. Let's see what happens this off-season.

i am guessing not much given the fact that bo had to use his first bye week this season to re-teach the defense how to tackle.

Lets see, we will sign a recruiting class that will probably finish outside the top 25, fitting as we wont be in the top 25 either.

No changes occur to the staff.

The coaches will make statements about how they like the young talent and potential. You will hear the word 'young' often enough to make you think we have 30 guys with the last name Young. Already setting up excuses for next year.

And when its all said and done we will get to start next year right where we left off. Left out of the top 25, and an afterthought nationally.

i am guessing not much given the fact that bo had to use his first bye week this season to re-teach the defense how to tackle.

Lets see, we will sign a recruiting class that will probably finish outside the top 25, fitting as we wont be in the top 25 either.

No changes occur to the staff.

The coaches will make statements about how they like the young talent and potential. You will hear the word 'young' often enough to make you think we have 30 guys with the last name Young. Already setting up excuses for next year.

And when its all said and done we will get to start next year right where we left off. Left out of the top 25, and an afterthought nationally.

Well, we've already done that the last 5 seasons or so in a row. We all ought to be well-versed in this routine already.

Pretty telling in the press conference when Bo was asked about the mistakes that "have plagued the team this year, last year, a lot of years . . ." and Bo cuts him off and says "those mistakes plague any football team", with a dismissive shrug.

If you can't even bring yourself to admit there's a problem, there's not much of a chance it will be fixed.

I'll tell you what.

Here's what you seem to be forgetting, bub:

1. Injuries

2. Youth

3. At least we're not [insert traditional powerhouse that won less than 7 games this season]