Let the sellout streak end

This has to be the dumbest thread I've ever read on HB. Not kidding when I say that you're a terrible fan, and should probably find a new team to cheer for.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's because of dumb**** threads like this. I agree, let this thread die. I pray we don't let the sellout streak go. But it could.

just to be clear, i never want to see the streak end. but i think you would have to be crazy to not at least be a little worried about it ending.

There is a waiting list. For the love of all that is good and holy, there is a waiting list. Should I say it again? There are fans that have been waiting years to get tickets and probably could not be more happy fans are threatening to get rid of their season tickets.

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

you are kidding yourself if you think big business and boosters, neither of which i imagine you are?, will keep buying huge quantities of tickets to maintain a fabricated streak for a team no one cares about because apathy has taken over the state.

No need to when you have people waiting in the wings to get season tickets.

I have a serious question. If there are so many people waiting in the wings, how come local companies and boosters have to regularly buy up remaining tickets to keep the sellout streak alive? Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering. If I could, I would go every week, but that's not possible.

I don't even know if that is true. All I know is my sister is on the waiting list and has been for years.

I hope it never happens, but it is always a possibility.

just to be clear, i never want to see the streak end. but i think you would have to be crazy to not at least be a little worried about it ending.

There is a waiting list. For the love of all that is good and holy, there is a waiting list. Should I say it again? There are fans that have been waiting years to get tickets and probably could not be more happy fans are threatening to get rid of their season tickets.

i never doubted that your sister is on some waiting list. but apathy and disinterest can set in faster than you think with a coach he puts a disappointing product on the field and hates the people that shows up to support his lackluster abilities. but we should be alright as long as your sister wants to buy some season tickets.

i never doubted that your sister is on some waiting list. but apathy and disinterest can set in faster than you think with a coach he puts a disappointing product on the field and hates the people that shows up to support his lackluster abilities. but we should be alright as long as your sister wants to buy some season tickets.

It has nothing to do with her. How many other people do you think are on this list? Probably thousands waiting for their turn. This thing will never end. There will always be demand for Husker football tickets.

Edit: and if this happens, maybe Bo Pelini was right when he called us fair weather fans.

KJ. saw tickets on stubhub. WHICH PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??!??!?

EVERYTHING!!

And that's where you lost me.

It has nothing to do with her. How many other people do you think are on this list? Probably thousands waiting for their turn. This thing will never end. There will always be demand for Husker football tickets.

Edit: and if this happens, maybe Bo Pelini was right when he called us fair weather fans.

i hope you are right po, but i am just not as confident.

however, if it did end, i do not think it is fair to call our fans "fair weather". they have put up with a lot. everyone has a threshold. not to mention all of the hurdles already in play for it to continue being sold out.

however, if it did end, i do not think it is fair to call our fans "fair weather". they have put up with a lot. everyone has a threshold. not to mention all of the hurdles already in play for it to continue being sold out.

And I apologize for my outburst. Shouldn't have made that post like I did. You've always been someone I respected and continue to do so.

If there was evidence that the sellout streak would be in any danger, you bet your ass they'd get rid of Pelini. The administration must not be too worried about it this upcoming year, so Im not really worried about it.

• Fire 1

And I apologize for my outburst. Shouldn't have made that post like I did. You've always been someone I respected and continue to do so.

If there was evidence that the sellout streak would be in any danger, you bet your ass they'd get rid of Pelini. The administration must not be too worried about it this upcoming year, so Im not really worried about it.

i think you are absolutely right; especially the underlined. and i have always respected you. i should not have been so obnoxious. i just worry about it already because of the addition, price of tickets, local economic downturn... so, i think it is important for bo (and any coach) to maintain a healthy relationship with fans and boosters.

and again, i respect you po and took what you said seriously. you forcefully, yet intelligently, made a point that made me reconsider my stance.

What's the name of that logical fallacy where if you can't argue the point you attack the person instead?

There isn't a waiting list. If you're willing to pay the asking price for season tickets, you'll get them. It's not that hard to do, and it costs about $150. The AD doesn't care at all if you've been loyally "waiting" for years to get donationless tickets when someone else is willing to donate.

Apparently the idea of a multimillion dollar business not wanting to give away money is difficult for people to understand around here.

• Fire 2