Let the sellout streak end

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

• Fire 2

I think it ends next year.

I agree. Why should the most loyal fans in the country settle for a coach that does not have his team ready to go week in and week out. This is not about the players...it's about the head coach and his staff's inability to demonstrate they can coach these players up and have them playing consistently good football.

• Fire 1

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

If Boosters and the big businesses are just as displeased with the crappy performance we've been putting on the field, perhaps they will save their money. Regardless, you'll see more and more empty seats in the stadium as a sign of how much the fans appreciate having a head coach that doesn't know how to coach the fundamentals.

• Fire 1
The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

Exactly. The OP suggestion is like trying to fix a dislocated shoulder with a cigarette burn.

If Boosters and the big businesses are just as displeased with the crappy performance we've been putting on the field, perhaps they will save their money. Regardless, you'll see more and more empty seats in the stadium as a sign of how much the fans appreciate having a head coach that doesn't know how to coach the fundamentals.

Someone else will be willing to sit in your seat.

• Fire 4

I don't want it to end, let's get that straight. I love this program. You have to realize though, that those bought up tickets in the past were not quite as numerous as they "could" be in the future. It could grow beyond the point of being bought up don't you think?

We root for Nebraska. And while the coaching staff is part of Nebraska football, we show up to root for our players. Not showing up to cheer for our players, who give so much to this program and who battle for our entertainment week in and week out, would be unbelievably petty and something I would not be proud of at all.

Spoken like a couple of psych majors with no money or actual influence. Speak for yourself, but you are not apart of the "we" who matters.

• Fire 1