Let the sellout streak end

There is a waiting list. For the love of all that is good and holy, there is a waiting list. Should I say it again? There are fans that have been waiting years to get tickets and probably could not be more happy fans are threatening to get rid of their season tickets.

KJ. saw tickets on stubhub. WHICH PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??!??!?

What's the name of that logical fallacy where if you can't argue the point you attack the person instead?

There isn't a waiting list. If you're willing to pay the asking price for season tickets, you'll get them. It's not that hard to do, and it costs about $150. The AD doesn't care at all if you've been loyally "waiting" for years to get donationless tickets when someone else is willing to donate.

Apparently the idea of a multimillion dollar business not wanting to give away money is difficult for people to understand around here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The people on the waiting list donate. That's how you get on the list in the first place. They can't give you tickets that they don't have to give.

• Fire 1

Some people seem to think the seats are sold to 91,000 Joe The Farmers. The fact is, a huge number of seats are bought up by rich boosters who sell them or give them away to employees, friends, family, etc. When the boosters start to get bothered, large number of seats are in jeopardy.

Also, the notion that there are a million eager fans waiting in line for season tickets is utter nonsense. They struggled to sell out the east expansion seats until well into August, and I believe they accepted donation amounts below the initial suggested amounts. They even scattered in some visitor seats to the 600 section to fill gaps.

I think they will probably be OK for 2014 but it will take some serious marketing effort and they will accept lowered donation levels.

• Fire 1

It has nothing to do with her. How many other people do you think are on this list? Probably thousands waiting for their turn. This thing will never end. There will always be demand for Husker football tickets.

Edit: and if this happens, maybe Bo Pelini was right when he called us fair weather fans.

i hope you are right po, but i am just not as confident.

however, if it did end, i do not think it is fair to call our fans "fair weather". they have put up with a lot. everyone has a threshold. not to mention all of the hurdles already in play for it to continue being sold out.

And I apologize for my outburst. Shouldn't have made that post like I did. You've always been someone I respected and continue to do so.

If there was evidence that the sellout streak would be in any danger, you bet your ass they'd get rid of Pelini. The administration must not be too worried about it this upcoming year, so Im not really worried about it.

i think you are absolutely right; especially the underlined. and i have always respected you. i should not have been so obnoxious. i just worry about it already because of the addition, price of tickets, local economic downturn... so, i think it is important for bo (and any coach) to maintain a healthy relationship with fans and boosters.

and again, i respect you po and took what you said seriously. you forcefully, yet intelligently, made a point that made me reconsider my stance.

Just couldn't help it ;)

• Fire 1

Some people seem to think the seats are sold to 91,000 Joe The Farmers. The fact is, a huge number of seats are bought up by rich boosters who sell them or give them away to employees, friends, family, etc. When the boosters start to get bothered, large number of seats are in jeopardy.

Also, the notion that there are a million eager fans waiting in line for season tickets is utter nonsense. They struggled to sell out the east expansion seats until well into August, and I believe they accepted donation amounts below the initial suggested amounts. They even scattered in some visitor seats to the 600 section to fill gaps.

I think they will probably be OK for 2014 but it will take some serious marketing effort and they will accept lowered donation levels.

Define "huge number".

And those same boosters are supposedly the ones who ponied up for Callahan's buyout. Thus, either they aren't to that point yet, or SE is going to be in serious trouble.

Seats sold on StubHub aren't being sold by the University, they're being sold by ticketholders who have already bought them, but who aren't going to the game. These don't count toward the sellout streak.

Seats being sold by the University before the game are seats returned from the opponent's allotment. They, also, do not count toward the sellout streak.

I'll leave the tinfoil hat people to continue their nuttery, though. Don't let reality stop a good story.

Seats sold on StubHub aren't being sold by the University, they're being sold by ticketholders who have already bought them, but who aren't going to the game. These don't count toward the sellout streak.

Seats being sold by the University before the game are seats returned from the opponent's allotment. They, also, do not count toward the sellout streak.

I'll leave the tinfoil hat people to continue their nuttery, though. Don't let reality stop a good story.

so you have absolutely no concern about the streak? if we keep having lackluster performances with a pugnacious coach who seems to hate us? i think po made a great point that bo would be on his way out as soon as boosters really had to pick up the slack for the streak to continue, but it seems more precarious than some want to think. at least to me.

Traitor.

Say what you want man, but why pay top dollar for a coach that continues to put out a bad product. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years and loved every minute of it, and enjoyed going to every game. I now live 8 hours away, and for me to get to a game, buy tickets from stubhub, and stay overnight, we're talking $500-plus dollars and a weekend away from my kids. If I believed in Bo, which I did his first 4 seasons, I would make every attempt to make one game a year. But it's just not worth it to me now. I don't pin this on the players, and am fully supportive of them. I just don't like when a head coach is not teaching the players the fundamentals and does not have them playing good football.

Traitor.

Say what you want man, but why pay top dollar for a coach that continues to put out a bad product. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years and loved every minute of it, and enjoyed going to every game. I now live 8 hours away, and for me to get to a game, buy tickets from stubhub, and stay overnight, we're talking $500-plus dollars and a weekend away from my kids. If I believed in Bo, which I did his first 4 seasons, I would make every attempt to make one game a year. But it's just not worth it to me now. I don't pin this on the players, and am fully supportive of them. I just don't like when a head coach is not teaching the players the fundamentals and does not have them playing good football.

I'm sure the university will survive without your "$500" you spend each weekend in Lincoln. If it's not worth it to support your team and the players who choose to come here then that's your choice. But we don't need a f'ing thread about it.

so you have absolutely no concern about the streak? if we keep having lackluster performances with a pugnacious coach who seems to hate us? i think po made a great point that bo would be on his way out as soon as boosters really had to pick up the slack for the streak to continue, but it seems more precarious than some want to think. at least to me.

The fact that some goofball theories have been floated around in this thread don't mean I'm not concerned with the sellout streak ending. I don't think it'll be next year, nor do I think it'll be this decade, but it's certainly something to pay attention to.

Are you more concerned now about the streak than you were when Clownahan was coaching? If so, you might want to get some perspective.

yeah. callahan was only given 3 years. although bo has not sunk the program like callahan, he has sucked the program of a lot of its excitement and hope through year after year of under-performing and embarrassing losses.