Let the sellout streak end

That donation tangent is an attempt to move the goalposts. It was never ever a conversation about who donated what amount. It was about the validity of the sellout streak.

I would strongly contend this post is an attempt to move the goalposts. No matter the topic in any thread, is it wrong to point out when people provide incorrect facts? I'm not arguing opinions here, he said an incorrect fact and I was simply correcting the fact. Posts from him:

I don't even know if that is true. All I know is my sister is on the waiting list and has been for years.

There is no waiting list, she has not been on it for years. I know 4 different people and myself who are first time season ticket holders this year with no waiting list.

There is a waiting list. For the love of all that is good and holy, there is a waiting list. Should I say it again? There are fans that have been waiting years to get tickets and probably could not be more happy fans are threatening to get rid of their season tickets.

See my response above, there is no waiting list.

It has nothing to do with her. How many other people do you think are on this list? Probably thousands waiting for their turn.

Thousands waiting there turn? I guess I was just the exception and all my friends who didn't have to wait their turn.

The people on the waiting list donate. That's how you get on the list in the first place.
No, I did plenty of research and spoke with the ticket office multiple times upon becoming a season ticket holder to ensure you do not have to donate to be on this "wait list."

So lemme get this straight. Po has no clue what he's talking about when he tells KJ. he's wrong after KJ. said, and I quote, "There isn't a waiting list."

And we follow that defense of KJ.'s assertion with, and I quote again, "...sure they (sic) may be a waitlist (sic)..."

And this deserves "All of the +1's."

I'm just trying to keep this all straight. I've got this all correct, right?

There is no wait list if you're willing to pay the price of $150 per seat plus face value. Sorry for my one word you're nitpicking of "may" and didn't go back and edit what I said. There is not a wait list! There IS a waitlist if you only offer a donation below what they recommend, but that isn't what I would call a waitlist. If there is a car you want that is selling for $15,000 and you offer $10,000 and they say "No, you have to pay market value." That is not being on a waitlist, that is you not willing to pay for the commodity you want.

And that still doesn't change the fact that Po is saying you have to pay to be on a waitlist that doesn't exist.

I will go back and take the one word ("may") that I threw in there while typing a post and my post is 100% accurate.. And Po's post will still be 0% accurate.

So there are zero people who give money to the university for tickets, but who don't give enough to get tickets, that's what you're saying? Everyone who gives money gets tickets? There really isn't a points-based heirarchy determining who gets what level of seat and who gets no seat at all?

I just want to be perfectly clear we're talking about the same thing. This is what you're saying, yes?

Again, I don't know how I'm getting questioned right now when Po's statements are just accepted because he is "liked" on the board.

Knapp, if you want to call something a waitlist where someone gives money to the university below the listed price they provide and doesn't get tickets for that, then fine, call it a wait list. They list prices for the tickets in the section, if you're not willing to pay the prices, you won't get tickets. It's that simple. The cheapest seats are $150 per seat. If you offer $150 per seat on the dot, then sure, then the priority points go into effect. If you offer $150.01, then you get the seats before someone who has been donating for 50 years if their offer is $150.

I also want to be clear. If you offer $100 per seat and don't get tickets, YOU'RE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY THAT MONEY. THE DONATION IS ONLY PAID IF YOU ACCEPT THE SEATS THEY TELL YOU YOU WILL HAVE. If you don't get any seats or seats you don't like, then you just say no thanks and you're not required to pay the donation you offered.

So let's say Po's sister doesn't have $150 per seat to pay on top of regular ticket prices. Let's say he gives $100. She gets no tickets. What happens to that $100? Does she get it back?

You get priority points, which only serve as a tiebreaker if you happen to pledge to donate the exact amount as someone else. But, given that the AD will accept donations like $150.09, they are completely worthless.

So let's say Po's sister doesn't have $150 per seat to pay on top of regular ticket prices. Let's say he gives $100. She gets no tickets. What happens to that $100? Does she get it back?

Yes. She does. Your first $50 is paid as a deposit and that is for any donation amount. Everything else is returned. The whole process is as follows:

1. You OFFER a donation level

2. Then tell you where your seats are - exact location, row, seat number

- You accept them and they bill you for the entire donation, plus face value of home games

- You decline them and you're only required to pay $50 for the deposit.

The donation is only an "offered" amount.

Dumb question, but are we admitting that there ARE open seats that the athletic dept holds back/buys back? This sellout streak is getting squishier then.

Again, I don't know how I'm getting questioned right now when Po's statements are just accepted because he is "liked" on the board.

Knapp, if you want to call something a waitlist where someone gives money to the university below the listed price they provide and doesn't get tickets for that, then fine, call it a wait list. They list prices for the tickets in the section, if you're not willing to pay the prices, you won't get tickets. It's that simple. The cheapest seats are $150 per seat. If you offer $150 per seat on the dot, then sure, then the priority points go into effect. If you offer $150.01, then you get the seats before someone who has been donating for 50 years if their offer is $150.

I also want to be clear. If you offer $100 per seat and don't get tickets, YOU'RE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY THAT MONEY. THE DONATION IS ONLY PAID IF YOU ACCEPT THE SEATS THEY TELL YOU YOU WILL HAVE. If you don't get any seats or seats you don't like, then you just say no thanks and you're not required to pay the donation you offered.

I said Ill ask. Relax. If Im wrong, Ill say I was wrong. Not a big deal.

Jeez, ObamaRocks really wants to prove me wrong. Ill ask her tomorrow about it and find out. Maybe I was misinformed or heard wrong when she told me about it, so Ill ask.

But the sellout streak still won't end: waitlist or not :)

Ok, please do. I'm not trying to be as big of an ass to you as it probably appears. But I did just go through this process this spring and now know how this whole thing works. I did a lot of researching and e-mail and calling the ticket office to ensure I know exactly how the whole process works as it cost me a lot of money.

Dumb question, but are we admitting that there ARE open seats that the athletic dept holds back/buys back? This sellout streak is getting squishier then.

Explain.

Jeez, ObamaRocks really wants to prove me wrong. Ill ask her tomorrow about it and find out. Maybe I was misinformed or heard wrong when she told me about it, so Ill ask.

But the sellout streak still won't end: waitlist or not :)

Ok, please do. I'm not trying to be as big of an ass to you as it probably appears. But I did just go through this process this spring and now know how this whole thing works. I did a lot of researching and e-mail and calling the ticket office to ensure I know exactly how the whole process works as it cost me a lot of money.

I did too and they told me that they will put me on the waitlist and get back to me...

Its not me calling it a waitlist. That's what's so funny about this. There's so much time being spent worrying about who is or isn't "liked" on the board that we're just ignoring the truth.

UNL calls it a waitlist. Does UNL like Po more?

http://m.huskers.com...=&DB_OEM_ID=100

And the goalpost is moving even further.

Why don't you tell me one thing in this entire thread that I have said incorrectly. I have said a lot, don't sit and argue semantics with me when the substance is accurate.

Cool, they call it a "waitlist". I'm talking about the "years" of waitlist and paying that Po's sister has been done. Post 123, why don't you address that and try to prove me wrong. Post 128, take a look at that.

You, UNL, anyone can call it what they want. I will call it a friggin wait list as long as you realize that there are no years of waiting on it if you are willing to pay the market price. Go back to my car example, if you want to call person X being on a wait list because they offer to pay $5000 less than market value for a car, then call it a wait list or what ever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that there is NO WAITING if you simply pay market value.

• Fire 1

Explain.

Dammit I'll try!

Ok, I happen to know for a fact that the tickets I bought for myself/wife/sister & fiancée for the UCLA game were faculty tickets. It's where they sit, and if you donate to a certain level, you get them. Now, that means some of the faculty doesn't want anything to do with those tickets, which whatever, that's what people like me are for.

But, I've also seen that section available on places like stubhub or ticket express, and I'm pretty sure my comrades around me in that game weren't all esteemed profs at our beloved alma mater. And we all know they don't sell out.

I may be being obtuse here, but I would think if there was this clamoring, long, rabid waiting list for tickets, this wouldn't exist, or the black market, so to speak, wouldn't be below the donation level for a similar seat.