Let the sellout streak end

Traitor.

Say what you want man, but why pay top dollar for a coach that continues to put out a bad product. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years and loved every minute of it, and enjoyed going to every game. I now live 8 hours away, and for me to get to a game, buy tickets from stubhub, and stay overnight, we're talking $500-plus dollars and a weekend away from my kids. If I believed in Bo, which I did his first 4 seasons, I would make every attempt to make one game a year. But it's just not worth it to me now. I don't pin this on the players, and am fully supportive of them. I just don't like when a head coach is not teaching the players the fundamentals and does not have them playing good football.

I'm sure the university will survive without your "$500" you spend each weekend in Lincoln. If it's not worth it to support your team and the players who choose to come here then that's your choice. But we don't need a f'ing thread about it.

LOL...we have enough f'ing threads on many topics, so if you really don't care about this topic, why post?

The fact that some goofball theories have been floated around in this thread don't mean I'm not concerned with the sellout streak ending. I don't think it'll be next year, nor do I think it'll be this decade, but it's certainly something to pay attention to.

because you are my go-to for honest and informed opinion. so i was asking you honestly. i think bo has created such a toxic relationship with the fans and the program has seemed to have stagnated under him (and the addition making the stadium even more enormous for a state our size) that i was getting seriously worried.

Traitor.

Say what you want man, but why pay top dollar for a coach that continues to put out a bad product. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years and loved every minute of it, and enjoyed going to every game. I now live 8 hours away, and for me to get to a game, buy tickets from stubhub, and stay overnight, we're talking $500-plus dollars and a weekend away from my kids. If I believed in Bo, which I did his first 4 seasons, I would make every attempt to make one game a year. But it's just not worth it to me now. I don't pin this on the players, and am fully supportive of them. I just don't like when a head coach is not teaching the players the fundamentals and does not have them playing good football.

I'm sure the university will survive without your "$500" you spend each weekend in Lincoln. If it's not worth it to support your team and the players who choose to come here then that's your choice. But we don't need a f'ing thread about it.

LOL...we have enough f'ing threads on many topics, so if you really don't care about this topic, why post?

You're on a HUSKER message board, and you make a post about trying to damage the program. I felt the need to let you know that I thought it was stupid, and apparently I'm not the only one.

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

We root for Nebraska. And while the coaching staff is part of Nebraska football, we show up to root for our players. Not showing up to cheer for our players, who give so much to this program and who battle for our entertainment week in and week out, would be unbelievably petty and something I would not be proud of at all.

Spoken like a couple of psych majors with no money or actual influence. Speak for yourself, but you are not apart of the "we" who matters.

If you have any sense of irony the bolded ought to stagger you.

• Fire 1

ADS-You are missing the point. You seem to think that keeping the sellout streak is damaging the program. I believe that Bo's leadership and coaching abilities (or lack thereof) are damaging the program. I would rather have a head coach that has this team playing good, clean, fundamental football consistently than a banner showing we still have our sellout streak.

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

Good Lord.....

I'm surprised too. But, wouldn't it be better to be shocked but hope that these young players come in next year and meet all the expectations we had when they came into program? Wouldn't it be better to sit back and hope that you were wrong about Bo and with experienced players and a healthy team he can be successful?

Irrelevant. Those seats aren't counted in this streak. Never have been.

So great and powerful Oz, considering your knowledge is vastly greater than mine on the situation (I'm not being sarcastic), is there a chance we lose this sellout streak next year? Just want your opinion.

I hope not. Husker fans should be proud of that record and proud of themselves. I remind you people, it's been fourteen years since we've won a conference championship. We've been through tougher times than this. Yes, the attitude and the culture may be more poisonous than ever, but we don't need to follow suit. Truly, this could be where Husker fans still demonstrate why we are the best. We've done it all before.

Now, I will continue in my ways because I am not nearly as noble as some of you. I can't practice what I preach in this instance as I don't have the funds to be there for every game. I'm just saying, it would be a shame to lose this. Nothing I'm saying really matters anyways, its just how I feel.

Lets be honest about thing too.

The sellout streak is important because it crosses generations of coaches and players and wins and losses and weather and players and fans and families.

It's not just a number or tradition. It's pretty much a way of life. I actually take pride in crappy fans from crappy teams saying to me all the time, "yeah you sell it out, there's nothing else to do."

HA! Yeah, well, my dad is a letter winner from the 70s and after Callahan left and TO sent out his letter to former players, my dad asked us if we would be up for going in on season tickets. We jumped at it! Not just so we could go to games.

So that we could drive in from colorado, me and my boy (who now LOVES going to games) my brothers, our family. It's now 3 generations of being a part of soemthing bigger than ourselves and being w 90k others who care as much as we do. It's binding time.

And when we can't go, we have a Rolodex of people willing to snatch them up. From KS, colorado, Nebraska....

Get over yourself. It matters and it'll live on. Butts will be in the seats. Cheer on the team. It's generational, more than Bo or eichorst or Martinez. Damn, you spoiled! We'll win games and even if it takes a Hail Mary, wouldn't it be awesome to say you were there??