Bo Pelini speaks

Nobody

You really believe this don't you? I would believe that USC, a team that is located in the third largest city in this country and the second largest media market would have a little bit more of an issue with media circus. They don't even have an NFL team there, everyone is a USC fan.

Lincoln, Nebraska is not equal to Los Angeles, CA in terms of media scrutiny.

It's about watching how the NATIONAL media responds...not fans on a bulletin board. If anyone manufactured things, it's the media imo.

the national media would not be covering the angry bo story if bo wasn't providing them with the angry bo story.

Bo wouldn't be angry if people weren't fanning those flames and continually asking him the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Then how did he get angry in the first place?

Then how did he get angry in the first place?

Texas A&M and TayTay breaking rules and running to daddy. Then Cotton getting his balls dug in and getting flagged for freaking out from having his privates touched. Pelini tried to argue his point and the officials weren't listening...just like they weren't listening the entire game.

Was he wrong? You bet.

So we agree, it wasn't manufactured by the media.

We've reached an accord.

Good for Bo. The drama is over, manufactured or not. Time to move on and support this team.

For the record, I like angry Bo. I always have. I still think 2010 really hurt his psyche and motivation. Hope what ever transpired (es) with Bo, SE and HP results in a clear understanding of expectations. I also hope Bo realizes (IMO) the gift he was given to not be fired and really does some searching in how to get our guys to be fundamentally sound as well as a way to actually meet the desires of the program. This alone gets us 2 more wins.

For the record, Dabo just yelling at the refs for a BS call. Not as animated, but angry.

And 2009 as well. I've always maintained that the screw job Texass and the Big XII perpetrated did more harm to the program than anything else--that win would have put us on a different trajectory as a program...

Devnet:

Name another coach who's seen this type of circus chief? Go ahead...name another coach and program....you can't because there isn't another. This is it.

Joe Paterno

lane Kiffin got fired in an airport lounge, after a "vote of confidence" 2 years in a row

Woody Hayes, anyone?

Charlie Weiss was a pretty ungraceful exit from ND

Paterno would be the only one. Maybe Weiss. The others, not even close to the media circus.

You really believe this don't you? I would believe that USC, a team that is located in the third largest city in this country and the second largest media market would have a little bit more of an issue with media circus. They don't even have an NFL team there, everyone is a USC fan.

Lincoln, Nebraska is not equal to Los Angeles, CA in terms of media scrutiny.

Everyone in LA is a USC fan? El. Oh. El.

But you have a good point. Bo is whining and melting under EASTERN NEBRASKA MEDIA. It would be comical to see his childish act at the SEC school of his choosing. He'd be John L. Smith supernova status by week 4

We agree that it started in the same place...and really, how could anyone NOT know it started here and with this game?

We don't agree how it was perpetuated.

It started in 2010? Hahahaha. Sure.

http://content.usato...12-title-game/1

"You should be ashamed to accept that trophy!" Carl Pelini yelled while pointing at the Texas celebration."You outta be ashamed to accept that trophy!" he screamed again, then again.
5]Bo Pelini relayed his anger at Nebraska assistant athletic director Marc Boehm.
5]"Marc, I want to see (Big 12 head of officiating) Walt Anderson in there right (expletive) now!" Pelini shouted.

"BCS!" Pelini said as he entered the locker room. "That's why they make that call!"

http://deadspin.com/...ll-o-1327398903

"Our crowd. What a bunch of f'ing fair-weather f'ing—they can all kiss my ass out the f'ing door. 'Cause the day is f'ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm f'ing gone. I'm so f'ing pissed off."

http://sports.yahoo....976--ncaaf.html

After Kansas State defeated Nebraska 38-9 in Lincoln, Pelini chased down Wildcats coach Bill Snyder at midfield and lashed out at him for running up the score. Months later, during Nebraska's bowl game, Pelini drew a 15-yard penalty for leaving the sidelines to argue a call.

Yep, just a media creation. Not something Bo has a history of doing.

Congrats, you posted a link from 2007 and one from 2009.

Thanks for proving my point which is that the MEDIA continued to fan the flames from mistakes he made previous to these past 2 years. A guy can change and imo, he turned the corner until this Iowa game. I think the drumbeat of firing Pelini got to him and he wore his emotions on his sleeve for Iowa.

Um... The Kansas State game is in reference to 2003. So.... let's call it a decade, not 2 years. At some point, you have to look at it and say "This is actually just who he is. He's a raving lunatic." There's a fine line between passion and lunacy.

We agree that it started in the same place...and really, how could anyone NOT know it started here and with this game?

We don't agree how it was perpetuated.

It started in 2010? Hahahaha. Sure.

http://content.usato...12-title-game/1

"You should be ashamed to accept that trophy!" Carl Pelini yelled while pointing at the Texas celebration."You outta be ashamed to accept that trophy!" he screamed again, then again.
5]Bo Pelini relayed his anger at Nebraska assistant athletic director Marc Boehm.
5]"Marc, I want to see (Big 12 head of officiating) Walt Anderson in there right (expletive) now!" Pelini shouted.

"BCS!" Pelini said as he entered the locker room. "That's why they make that call!"

http://deadspin.com/...ll-o-1327398903

"Our crowd. What a bunch of f'ing fair-weather f'ing—they can all kiss my ass out the f'ing door. 'Cause the day is f'ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm f'ing gone. I'm so f'ing pissed off."

http://sports.yahoo....976--ncaaf.html

After Kansas State defeated Nebraska 38-9 in Lincoln, Pelini chased down Wildcats coach Bill Snyder at midfield and lashed out at him for running up the score. Months later, during Nebraska's bowl game, Pelini drew a 15-yard penalty for leaving the sidelines to argue a call.

Yep, just a media creation. Not something Bo has a history of doing.

Those things are not where my deal with the media is. We know the media is going to run with a story.....any story possible to get ratings. Eichorst said he doesn't comment about coaches evaluations until after the season. So what does the media do....they have some sort of a poll or speculation about Bo Pelini. Every.Single.Day. And too many of us bite on it as accuracy or "maybe this is what the AD is thinking?". We have our answers now. The media is still not going to stop. That does NOT mean it's an actual story line.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3618364

Pelini on Tuesday acknowledged that he used bad judgment by drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the fourth quarter against Virginia Tech. He called an official an unflattering name after Huskers lineman Ndamukong Suh was penalized for hitting Hokies quarterback Tyrod Taylor out of bounds.

EDIT: By my count, that's 4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties Bo has drawn as a head coach. 2003 vs. MSU, 2008 vs. Va Tech, 2010 vs. Texas A&M 2013 vs. Iowa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5838941

Pelini has a reputation for his temper. He drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for haranguing an official in the 2008 game against Virginia Tech. That same season, he blew up during the Oklahoma game, cursing and yelling at officials, assistant coaches and players, grabbing one by the facemask.