Next Year

strigori

Bo will continue treating the media with disdain and no respect, so you can bet your ass they will not cut him any slack and we will only see more of the circus we were treated to this year. Sideline cameras will remain focused on Bo in anticipation of his next exhibit of lack of control. Game officials, as impartial as they are, will enter every game with Bo like his next move will be the straw that pushes them over the edge and this will translate to less benefit of the doubt for our whole team. I've got more but I'm preaching to the choir and everyone else doesn't seem to care.

There's more to Pelini's interactions with some of the media than is widely known. There might come a point where Pelini doesn't look like such a bad guy in this respect after all.

Good rundown. Im excited about all the young talent on this team. and i think if we fix a few thing we can win all our games :koolaid2: . If not, you are right on.

1. Ridiculous turnover problems need to be fixed by any means necessary! We will never beat any top level teams as long as this problem persists.

2 Injuries. Dont know why we had so many injuries, and dont know if there's a fix for it, but we wont beat any top level teams playing our 3rd and 4th string guys.

3. special teams need much work on both sides too. (with the possible exception of the fg kicker/s.} Field position is key, We cant keep losing this battle and expect to beat top level teams either.

I read in a post on this site that the practices are very unorganized. This supposedly came from a prominent player. If that is the case, this is what I would want to correct next year. I agree that we have some quality players. However, maybe one of the reasons we can't get over the hump with people not executing, and the turnovers is that the coaches are not disciplined and organized themselves. The best way to instill discipline is to make it the expectation in everything you coach AND to demonstrate it yourself.

I expect no less than 11 regular season wins and at least 12 wins total. That is the bar set in place with the talent we have. If Bo's staff can't produce that then shake it the hell up. Time to get over the hump. My loyalty is wearing thin. Absolutely no reason we cant pull this off next year.

But what about injuries or relative inexperience at quarterback or opponents that actually show up to play football? Surely there are eventualities that will convince fans that another four loss year was actually an eight or nine win season, and that is just so darned good we'd look ridiculous firing a coach and sure couldn't get anybody to step into the brutal hot waters of eastern Nebraska media.

If 11 or 12 wins is your minimum acceptable, let me prematurely welcome you to the darkside. You'll be one of us by this time next year. How do I know? I was where you are less than a year ago.

The Dark Side its benefits right lol? I just don't see any way around it. 6 years is a long time for coaches this day and age. A 7th consecutive 4 loss season at a traditional power would be pretty hard pressed to support by the administration. Yeah were winning but nobody gives a sh#t. Thats a problem. Bo can do alot of things to win people back and reaffirm my loyalty during the offseason. That includes a bowl ring, a strong recruiting finish and a promising staff reshuffle. If none of those things happen, oh boy......

I read in a post on this site that the practices are very unorganized. This supposedly came from a prominent player. If that is the case, this is what I would want to correct next year. I agree that we have some quality players. However, maybe one of the reasons we can't get over the hump with people not executing, and the turnovers is that the coaches are not disciplined and organized themselves. The best way to instill discipline is to make it the expectation in everything you coach AND to demonstrate it yourself.

Secrets-Cover-gif.gif

Damon Benning has been vocal on his radio show that they need to change they way they practice, and has been saying so for a year.

I think your assessment is right on the mark. I do believe our players are better than the record indicates. I hope that you are wrong about the assistant coaches. We need some changes for the coordinators. i also think we need a dedicated special teams coach and much more emphasis on the recruiting area. If nothing changes within the program, we will continue to get the same results every year except that it might be harder and harder to get good recruits to sign up with a mediocre historic football power.

That is precisely the problem, these players are better than the record indicates. Bo may very well have their backs but he would be doing them better service if he was putting them in position and situations to win. Beck isn't cutting it and never will. Our punt game strategy is a complete joke. Whatever they are doing in practice as far as tackling and fumble prevention is not working but can fully be expected to continue as is. Bo will continue treating the media with disdain and no respect, so you can bet your ass they will not cut him any slack and we will only see more of the circus we were treated to this year. Sideline cameras will remain focused on Bo in anticipation of his next exhibit of lack of control. Game officials, as impartial as they are, will enter every game with Bo like his next move will be the straw that pushes them over the edge and this will translate to less benefit of the doubt for our whole team. I've got more but I'm preaching to the choir and everyone else doesn't seem to care.

I agree. Just to do a hypothetical, if Urban Meyer and his staff were coaching this team, I think they odds of being 12-0 vs this year's schedule is very probable. Instead we get 8-4. And if you look at what the CFBMatrix guy says, our talent level should have translated to 11-1.

Damon Benning has been vocal on his radio show that they need to change they way they practice, and has been saying so for a year.

And when you listen to his descriptions of how disorganized and poorly run they are, it's hard to disagree. I'm unclear how someone with Bo's level of experience in the NFL and college football can't run a simple practice.

I think your assessment is right on the mark. I do believe our players are better than the record indicates. I hope that you are wrong about the assistant coaches. We need some changes for the coordinators. i also think we need a dedicated special teams coach and much more emphasis on the recruiting area. If nothing changes within the program, we will continue to get the same results every year except that it might be harder and harder to get good recruits to sign up with a mediocre historic football power.

That is precisely the problem, these players are better than the record indicates. Bo may very well have their backs but he would be doing them better service if he was putting them in position and situations to win. Beck isn't cutting it and never will. Our punt game strategy is a complete joke. Whatever they are doing in practice as far as tackling and fumble prevention is not working but can fully be expected to continue as is. Bo will continue treating the media with disdain and no respect, so you can bet your ass they will not cut him any slack and we will only see more of the circus we were treated to this year. Sideline cameras will remain focused on Bo in anticipation of his next exhibit of lack of control. Game officials, as impartial as they are, will enter every game with Bo like his next move will be the straw that pushes them over the edge and this will translate to less benefit of the doubt for our whole team. I've got more but I'm preaching to the choir and everyone else doesn't seem to care.

I agree. Just to do a hypothetical, if Urban Meyer and his staff were coaching this team, I think they odds of being 12-0 vs this year's schedule is very probable. Instead we get 8-4. And if you look at what the CFBMatrix guy says, our talent level should have translated to 11-1.

........so internet and media speculation type stuff.......

Bo will continue treating the media with disdain and no respect, so you can bet your ass they will not cut him any slack and we will only see more of the circus we were treated to this year. Sideline cameras will remain focused on Bo in anticipation of his next exhibit of lack of control. Game officials, as impartial as they are, will enter every game with Bo like his next move will be the straw that pushes them over the edge and this will translate to less benefit of the doubt for our whole team. I've got more but I'm preaching to the choir and everyone else doesn't seem to care.

There's more to Pelini's interactions with some of the media than is widely known. There might come a point where Pelini doesn't look like such a bad guy in this respect after all.

Link? Proof?

the brutal hot waters of eastern Nebraska media.

Hilarious, this is nothing compare to what you would see in DC, New York, Boston or Philly.

Market size is not necessarily a primary indicator when there are multiple universities.

Where do you store all these excuses when you're not using them? Do you pay rent on the storage space or do you own the building?

• Fire 1

the brutal hot waters of eastern Nebraska media.

Hilarious, this is nothing compare to what you would see in DC, New York, Boston or Philly.

Market size is not necessarily a primary indicator when there are multiple universities.

Where do you store all these excuses when you're not using them? Do you pay rent on the storage space or do you own the building?

I appreciate the comedy, but I'm not sure what I wrote falls under the category of an excuse. What single university does the NY Times focus on? Now ask yourself if more than one newspaper focuses directly on the University of Nebraska. I have a garage for storage, thanks.