School fined $10k by conference

Am I one of the few that believes the ref made the right call? It's probably been mentioned already but the referees approach these situations as if every receiver is a super-human athlete, regardless of actual ability. So, if a pass is within the realm of possibility of being caught, they're going to throw a flag.

Now, personally, I think this ball was a little out of reach, but we had no business tackling the receiver in the first place.

I agree with this. We've suffered through many worse calls than this all season long, including some that were absolute travesties. It was questionable enough for any coach to argue about it a little bit, but for Bo to become completely unhinged from it and make another sideshow of himself was uncalled for. Figure in the comments at the press conference and the fine was a no-brainer. Probably even deserved a bigger fine, imo.

• Fire 1

I think if people watched all the Big10 games objectively, you would see that there are horrible calls to go around. Against all the teams.

I was warned on an Ohio State board that the officiating was terrible in the Big Ten before we ever played a down of B1G football. I'm quite certain 2012 Penn State fan will tell us that the officiating was biased against them. I've often wondered, watching a Saturday of B1G games, if the conference powers-that-be have an agenda and the officials are out there enforcing it. There are some really weird calls and no-calls made in every B1G game.

I'd be more apt to buy into this theory if they didn't pick up interference flags because passes were deemed uncatchable. I've seen this happen several times in the past few weeks alone. It's a valid concern.

It absolutely is, but I feel just as many interference calls stand as called even if the pass is uncatchable. Like I said, I think the call was a bit questionable, but it wasn't completely unwarranted. The fact of the matter is we can't be tackling receivers before a ball (whether catchable or not) is thrown to them, and we can't be placing a play in the ref's hands to decide. It went from being a loss of down to a 30-yard gain. Just unacceptable all around. I question the call but I see why it was called.

Am I one of the few that believes the ref made the right call? It's probably been mentioned already but the referees approach these situations as if every receiver is a super-human athlete, regardless of actual ability. So, if a pass is within the realm of possibility of being caught, they're going to throw a flag.

Now, personally, I think this ball was a little out of reach, but we had no business tackling the receiver in the first place.

Players can't make decisions that take the outcome of a play/game out of their hands and put it into the hands of the referees.

There is no way the ball was catchable. On third and 5, it was a very big call, and the flag should have been picked up. The previous week, a couple PI flags in favor of the Huskers were picked up.

Players can't make decisions that take the outcome of a play/game out of their hands and put it into the hands of the referees.

Against Penn State we weren't tackling guys because we were afraid we'd be penalized. Now against Iowa, if we see a ball coming our way, we are taking out the closest Iowa player to it. We are a funny team.

I think the PI call was a bad one. However, it doesn't change the fact that we turned the ball over several times, fair-caught a punt at our own 3 and executed a retarted fake punt even after the opposition called timeout. Coaching suckiness far out-weighed the ref suckiness, so Bo needs to suck it up and get better.

The B1G still owes Abdullah and Burtch for the touchdown run called back for the infamous "unnecessary roughness" call.

I'd say that chickensh!t call should net about 5 grand apiece for the screw job. So in leiu of giving the money to the conference, Bo should put $5,000 in escrow for each of those two, to be claimed upon graduation, and everybody should be square. :thumbs