Washington to hire Chris Petersen

Nobody

Well stated, Landlord.

Enhance, in fairness, Tom Osborne has been the AD up until this past January, and he has picked two of our last three head coaches.

This feels like a hell of a missed opportunity for us, though. Chris Peterson is a BAMF, and so much for "he'll never leave Boise." Aw well.

But, to think that TO trying to protect a legacy is why Bo Pelini is still our head coach...

Can't wrap my mind around that one.

I'm still wondering why this got moved out of the main board given there has been so much talk about Bo as our coach, and Peterson as a possible replacement. The Lane Kiffin and Mark Richt threads never were moved.

Those were in the rumorville forum, where they belong.

Since this is no longer a rumor, but actual reality, and also has nothing to do with Nebraska football, it makes sense that it's here.

Also, again, there is a difference between "Will never leave Boise" and "Will never come to Nebraska."

I'm still wondering why this got moved out of the main board given there has been so much talk about Bo as our coach, and Peterson as a possible replacement. The Lane Kiffin and Mark Richt threads never were moved.

Those were in the rumorville forum, where they belong.

Since this is no longer a rumor, but actual reality, and also has nothing to do with Nebraska football, it makes sense that it's here.

Also, again, there is a difference between "Will never leave Boise" and "Will never come to Nebraska."

EZ Stated, "Chris Peterson? You could approach him and he could always say no. After he turned down the UCLA job I predicted that he would never leave Boise and I stick by that. But the arguments as to why he'd come here you could also make for UCLA. Minus what NUPolo said about Lincoln being more similar to his natural environment than LA being which is more of a valid point than anything I've heard so far. "

This is a decent move for peterson. He gets into an AQ conference for the playoffs and Washington has a decent history. I mean they do have a 91 NT (or was it 90). If he can get Boise playing up to the big boys consistently I'm sure he can get Washington playing at a high level week in and out and take some shots at that playoff. Plus Sarkesian (sp? too lazy) has things moving in the right direction.