Washington to hire Chris Petersen

Nobody

UW just got a lot better. I really hope Eichorst at least made a call.

We'll never know, but this is really going to add fuel to the anti-Bo fire when one of the top guys that would be a great fit for NU was obviously available for pickup. It sounds like the AD is keeping Bo for next year, so that's not debatable, but when the question was raised (assuming Bo was not going to be retained) whether or not he should get to stay through the bowl game, this is the exact reason why. Coaching moves no longer wait for after the bowl season ends.

Obviously available for pickup at Washington. Not obviously available for pickup at Nebraska.

How sad is that statement too...either SE never reached out to him, or Peterson chose a program like Washington over us.

We'll never know, but this is really going to add fuel to the anti-Bo fire when one of the top guys that would be a great fit for NU was obviously available for pickup. It sounds like the AD is keeping Bo for next year, so that's not debatable, but when the question was raised (assuming Bo was not going to be retained) whether or not he should get to stay through the bowl game, this is the exact reason why. Coaching moves no longer wait for after the bowl season ends.

Obviously available for pickup at Washington. Not obviously available for pickup at Nebraska.

How sad is that statement too...either SE never reached out to him, or Peterson chose a program like Washington over us.

Why would SE reach out to him if he was set on keeping Bo? Washington is not a bad program either, hell a lot of coaches want that job.

Why would SE reach out to him if he was set on keeping Bo? Washington is not a bad program either, hell a lot of coaches want that job.

I am certain there are several regents who ask Tom Osborne for help on all university related things that are set on Bo. I am. I'm not so sure about Eichorst.

Well stated, Landlord.

This feels like a hell of a missed opportunity for us, though. Chris Peterson is a BAMF, and so much for "he'll never leave Boise." Aw well.

People need to get this out of there heads. Peterson said no to quite a few jobs, and much like Urb, he had no interest in coaching at Nebraska. Some people need to remember that college football has changed, Nebraska unfortunately isn't the destination job it used to be, its no longer the 80s or 90s.

Washington's a destination job?

Not being interested in coaching at Nebraska is speculation. We'd never know one way or another. Notre Dame or Alabama sucking for a while doesn't make them stop being a destination job. Nebraska is still a destination job.

Well stated, Landlord.

This feels like a hell of a missed opportunity for us, though. Chris Peterson is a BAMF, and so much for "he'll never leave Boise." Aw well.

People need to get this out of there heads. Peterson said no to quite a few jobs, and much like Urb, he had no interest in coaching at Nebraska. Some people need to remember that college football has changed, Nebraska unfortunately isn't the destination job it used to be, its no longer the 80s or 90s.

Washington's a destination job?

Not being interested in coaching at Nebraska is speculation. We'd never know one way or another. Notre Dame or Alabama sucking for a while doesn't make them stop being a destination job. Nebraska is still a destination job.

It's a destination job to some, but not to others, To each his own.

funny, all the Bo ass kissers said he wouldn't come here..... but he came to WASHINGTON? This is why retarded people ruin everything for everyone else. Thanks Bo supporters, we get to keep our POS coach for another year. Enjoy losing 5 games this year and more next year...

how about we let Petersen coach a few games in a major conference before we jump off the ledge, shall we. So far, the last 2 HC to jump from Boise St and go to an AQ school didn't fare too well either.

funny, all the Bo ass kissers said he wouldn't come here..... but he came to WASHINGTON? This is why retarded people ruin everything for everyone else. Thanks Bo supporters, we get to keep our POS coach for another year. Enjoy losing 5 games this year and more next year...

I remember my first beer too.

He never got that chance too because he couldn't get the $$$$ needed for the buyout thanks to a certain old HC/AD who is more worried about his legacy than what is good for the program. So the hope is that after one more year of the same old sh#t, more people will open thier eyes and realize that this staff needs to be shown the door. And the buyout is approx 2M less.

Or.

The hope is that throughout these last six years and throughout the next one more year, that people can have a little bit of humility and think,

"Well, Tom Osborne has given his life to this program for 39 years, had a part in every single notable thing we have ever accomplished, resurrected and reunited a fractured and dying program, and in general is the most responsible for all of the best accomplishments we've ever had. Since I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and since he has given me no reason to make baseless insinuations upon his character or his heart's intention, I think...yeah. I think I can trust what he has to say. Even if he is wrong, I think he has earned that much from me, considering I have no birthright to the success of Nebraska football and am only a beneficiary of it."

whose quote is that? That is a great quote --- I like it a great deal.

Thanks.

It is me Landlord hello.