Nebraska received one point in the Coaches' Poll

JTrain

Completely embarrasing....Have some integrity Bo. There is no reason why he should have done this it just reflects poorly on us.

What Pelini did is common practice by coaches.

From www.al.com

Nebraska's Bo Pelini gets the award this year for highest inflation of his own team. Pelini ranked the Cornhuskers No. 25 -- the only vote they received. Based on the final poll results, Pelini inflated Nebraska by 11 spots. Pelini did not rank Minnesota, which finished with the same overall record as Nebraska and beat the Cornhuskers 34-23 on Oct. 26.

* Twenty-six of the 62 coaches in the poll voted for their own team. On average, they ranked their own team three spots higher than the final poll. Florida State's Jimbo Fisher and Alabama's Nick Saban were the only coaches to rank their teams exactly where they finished. Auburn's Gus Malzahn did not have a vote.

Biggest Vote Inflation of Own Team Coach His Ranking of His Team His Team's Actual Ranking Difference Bo Pelini, Nebraska No. 25 No. 36 +11 Rod Carey, Northern Illinois No. 13 No. 23 +10 Jerry Kill, Minnesota No. 25 No. 34 +9 Brian Kelly, Notre Dame No. 25 No. 33 +8 Dave Clawson, Bowling Green No. 25 No. 32 +7 Mark Helfrich, Oregon No. 7 No. 12 +5 James Franklin, Vanderbilt No. 23 No. 27 +4 Mark Richt, Georgia No. 20 No. 24 +4 Charlie Strong, Louisville No. 12 No. 16 +4

Keeps Blackshirts away from starting defense because they didn't earn it.

Votes his team #25 a week after a 21 point loss at home to an unranked team.

Seems legit.

He has Iowa ranked. And the teams Iowa lost to are ranked #4, #7, #19, #23.

Like I stated in another thread, Iowa is better than their record speaks of. Not only are those losses against ranked teams, they weren't blowouts and quite competitive losses. Might be unranked, but give Iowa the credit they deserve.

Seems like a good motivational move to me. Pelini sending a message to his players that he believes in them. Probably saying, prove me right boys.

I'm far more embarrassed by this thread than I am about Bo making the vote. I think the fan base and media anymore are just as much a problem than anything going on.

You're making a big deal about a non issue. Get the f#*k over it.

I love it. Using his responsibility to objectively rank teams as a motivational technique.

Only in Huskerland is the two-click, thirty-second process to start a thread "making a big deal". We'll be out with signs today. Check for us on O Street.

could you imagine if any other coach pulled this stunt? how many other coaches have we blasted for ranking their teams higher than we thought they deserved? do you think if bret bielema had the exact same schedule (when he was at wiscy) and the exact same wins-losses, by the same margin, people would be commending him for motivating his players and arguing, "why should he not rank his team?" there is no perspective here.

i think everyone would shrug because 20-25 has never really meant anything