Nebraska received one point in the Coaches' Poll

JTrain

We were up on UCLA 21-3 with an unhealthy Martinez. So I am not sure that the defense giving up 38 unanswered should fall squarely on his shoulders.

Agreed. We couldn't get a punt past the 50 yard line either. Our defense did not play well, but the inability of the offense to move the ball was also an issue.

We were up on UCLA 21-3 with an unhealthy Martinez. So I am not sure that the defense giving up 38 unanswered should fall squarely on his shoulders.

Agreed. We couldn't get a punt past the 50 yard line either. Our defense did not play well, but the inability of the offense to move the ball was also an issue.

I think we could've beaten UCLA with Armstrong in the 2nd half. Definitely would've given us a better chance than a one-dimensional Martinez.

This program has been accused of a lot this year, but not once that I remember, of being a MNC level team, either prior or during the season. Most were hoping to get to the Michigan game with one loss at the start.

With you magical powers, what is your prediction for next year, or possibly the bowl game. Will Taylor play?

I don't think Taylor will play. He certainly won't be 100%.

At the beginning of the season, there were a fair amount of people predicting us being undefeated and meeting OSU in the CCG. We all saw how beatable they were.

Never mind the whole "effort level" thing. That team quit in the second half. Something that has carried over to other games this year. Minnesota and Iowa come to mind.

"Effort level" is too vague to measure or debate.

I completely disagree. Effort level is a very obvious thin and we struggle with it at times.

If you still debate that, then you would be arguing with the multiple times that the players have actually been quoted as saying they " let up" , or just "weren't up" for this game....so on and so on. If the players are saying it, and saying it multiple occasions (which they have) , then to me there's an issue. I found it especially troubling after the Wyoming game this season. How you aren't "up" for the first game of the season is a baffling feeling I can't describe because I just can't imagine ever being that mentally weak.

• Fire 1

I believe the main wall in my house is tangible and offers more of a discourse than you are offering.

You mad, bro?

Not at all. I just don't see the point in having a debate with a person who thought this incantation of the Nebraska Cornhuskers was a national title contender. Nay, a sure fire candidate for one.

You understand.

Thought? I know they were. With a 100% healthy Martinez, we would be unefeated right now.

You can put your fingers back in your ears now.

You are blaming Martinez for us not being in the national title game?

Is anyone here capable of logical debate?

GIFs are generally as effective as, and much more enjoyable than, attempting to logically argue someone out of their position on the internet. Especially when you consider their position to be a bit out there, or at least a long, long ways from your own.

But I'll humor you for a moment.

You say that UCLA "figured out" Martinez was one-dimensional at some point, and adjusted accordingly. I see no evidence for this. My own observations, along with post-game comments from UCLA, show that UCLA's strategy remained basically consistent throughout the game. And over the course of 60 minutes, that was more than enough to handle us. Beck, to no surprise of mine, coiled up in a ball of fear after going up 21-3, desperate to cling to the lead as opposed to continuing with an attacking mentality. This may have been enough in 2009, but not this year. On top of that, the defense failed to make any significant adjustments, and UCLA rode momentum to the lead, then let the talent cruise from there. With a healthy Martinez, perhaps we keep it close. But win? I highly doubt it. And win by four scores? No.

Why would we believe a healthy Martinez would beat Minnesota, Michigan St. or Iowa? The defense was awful against Minnesota. The offensive line injuries were mounting throughout the season. Turnovers were a huge issue. On the first two items, Martinez would have had no effect. On the last one, he may have in fact made it worse. But of course, we don't know.

You could make an argument that we might have been 12-0 with a 100% healthy Martinez. I just don't see it as a very good one. And the fact that you assert it with such confidence makes it even sillier.

On the other hand, you could argue we might have lost to Northwestern or Penn State with Martinez at the helmin the latter, particularly, since Kellogg had a very solid day passing and threw no interceptions.

There you go. Now comes the part where you read my points, are not swayed in the least from your position and type up counterpoints in attempt to show that all my points are incorrect or invalid. And then I read your counterpoints and am not swayed in the least from my position. And the stalemate brings us neither insight nor joy (unless of course we are able to get that sweet, sweet add.png).

Therefore, I present you with this:

bvaKfDm.gif

• Fire 2