Help me with my drag show stage persona

In a couple of months, I'm going to be participating in a charity event in which I will be one of several men posing as "contestants" in a sort of beauty pageant/drag show wearing dresses and wigs. I'll need to develop a stage name and biography for my character. The format of the show has yet to be totally determined, but if there is a performance piece to it, I would like to rock out karaoke style if I have the chance.

Can you guys help me develop my stage persona?

I'm thinking of a classic rock n' roll chick, something along the lines of Janis Joplin, Joan Jett, or Debbie Harry. I need a stage name and a back story.

Also, I don't know if I would be able to do any sort of karaoke singing or anything, but I'm trying to think of some classic female rock songs that really kick ass, at least to help work into my character's attitude.

I'll be going up against local celebrities of sorts (news and radio personalities, city council members, etc) and will be kind of an underdog but since I'm doing this thing, I wanna win it. Help me out!

You could be Linda Ronstud, a 70s rocker with perplexingly large hands and feet. I'm sure you could alter the words to Just One Look to fit your drag persona. :lol:

Just one look and I fell it felt so hard (<<obvious hand motions to go with this refrain. lol)

In love, with you, oh oh

I found out how good it feels

To have, your love, oh oh

• Fire 2

You could be Linda Ronstud, a 70s rocker with perplexingly large hands and feet. I'm sure you could alter the words to Just One Look to fit your drag persona. :lol:

Just one look and I fell it felt so hard (<<obvious hand motions to go with this refrain. lol)

In love, with you, oh oh

I found out how good it feels

To have, your love, oh oh

Awesome, I need more suggestions like this!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...