Players leaving rumor

If the three in question are true, and they are leaving, it does no good for the arguments that:

-Bo makes these boys into quality men (Moss laying the snake on the table) How many unsavory incidents do we typically have? Once again, we saw a very short leash with Thomas Brown and Ernest Suttles.

-HIs players graduate (Afalava has struggled with grades all year reportedly) And the other 84 players on scholarship mean nothing?

-Put your work in and you'll be rewarded (Cross) I got nothing here. Sometimes you just get beat out.

-His recruiting classes will bear fruit (Losing Afalva and Moss will hurt, and Afalava was considered a good get) Afalava was a good get. Sometimes thinks don't pan out. Also, don't forget he as well as the rest of the staff, said he was having some mental issues ON THE FIELD. Also recruiting classes are more than one player. Especially one that was on the fence as to whether he would make it or not to begin with. Zaire, Zo, Westerkamp, Rose, Valentine, etc are all still here aren't they?

More importantly, that's a lot of information to glean from 3 players leaving the program. Little hasty on your judgement, don't you think?

This is a hypothetical discussion, obviously, but those three players leaving would be bad. Especially considering all three were all usually high cards played in the "look towards the future" argument regarding Bo Pelini's job status or the direction of the program.

Moss leaving would hurt. But it was said back in November.....I believe at a Big Red breakfast....that Moss likely wouldn't make the bowl trip. Afalava has struggled and we have depth at LB now....something we didn't have as recently as two seasons ago. As far as Cross....we've seen it before with Heard and Green.....sometimes backs want more of the spotlight.

If the three in question are true, and they are leaving, it does no good for the arguments that:

-Bo makes these boys into quality men (Moss laying the snake on the table) How many unsavory incidents do we typically have? Once again, we saw a very short leash with Thomas Brown and Ernest Suttles.

-HIs players graduate (Afalava has struggled with grades all year reportedly) And the other 84 players on scholarship mean nothing?

-Put your work in and you'll be rewarded (Cross) I got nothing here. Sometimes you just get beat out.

-His recruiting classes will bear fruit (Losing Afalva and Moss will hurt, and Afalava was considered a good get) Afalava was a good get. Sometimes thinks don't pan out. Also, don't forget he as well as the rest of the staff, said he was having some mental issues ON THE FIELD. Also recruiting classes are more than one player. Especially one that was on the fence as to whether he would make it or not to begin with. Zaire, Zo, Westerkamp, Rose, Valentine, etc are all still here aren't they?

I

More importantly, that's a lot of information to glean from 3 players leaving the program. Little hasty on your judgement, don't you think?

This is a hypothetical discussion, obviously, but those three players leaving would be bad. Especially considering all three were all usually high cards played in the "look towards the future" argument regarding Bo Pelini's job status or the direction of the program.

Moss leaving would hurt. But it was said back in November.....I believe at a Big Red breakfast....that Moss likely wouldn't make the bowl trip. Afalava has struggled and we have depth at LB now....something we didn't have as recently as two seasons ago. As far as Cross....we've seen it before with Heard and Green.....sometimes backs want more of the spotlight.

I think my favorite part about this season are people defending NU's subpar performance by pointing to injuries, then turning right around and saying its cool if the team potentially loses three players who factored greatly into NU's future plans by citing their depth.

I think my favorite part about this season are people defending NU's subpar performance by pointing to injuries, then turning right around and saying its cool if the team potentially loses three players who factored greatly into NU's future plans by citing their depth.

Do you think that they'd have beaten Mich St & Iowa with a healthy O line?

Not with the amount of turnovers, no.

** I will throw this out......... Can anyone name 1-2 All-Conference (in a BSC conference) or an All-American that has transferred from Nebraska ?

Harrison Beck...

Can't remember if it was Harrison or not but who was the kid who signed then transferred because his mom was mad he wasn't getting a lot of playing time or was upset he was going to have to compete for the starting position and wound up at some Ivy League school and was horrible? Seem to remember it was that kid from Florida?

Not with the amount of turnovers, no.

We'll agree to disagree then...

I

I don't think our subpar performances were primarily due to injury. Our depth this season was fairly impressive in many spots....including OL and LB. My opinion is our subpar performances were due to turnovers and lack of production.....especially from the quarterback position.

** I will throw this out......... Can anyone name 1-2 All-Conference (in a BSC conference) or an All-American that has transferred from Nebraska ?

Harrison Beck...

Can't remember if it was Harrison or not but who was the kid who signed then transferred because his mom was mad he wasn't getting a lot of playing time or was upset he was going to have to compete for the starting position and wound up at some Ivy League school and was horrible? Seem to remember it was that kid from Florida?

Patrick Witt? Transfered to Yale...sucked there...

All of our losses with the exception of maybe UCLA had nothing to do with depth, lack of talent, youth, injuries, etc. It was because the same damn ridiculous problems reared their ugly heads again. The same ridiculous problems we've been seeing for 6 years now. No matter how much Bo improves talent, depth, S&C, this program is never getting over the hump until he figures out how to instill sound, basic football into these guys.

• Fire 2

Yep, you're free to believe a healthy o line could have somehow stopped interceptions, other unforced fumbles, and the defense giving up 5+ touchdowns in both of those games. I had no idea our o line was that good.

Well, a healthy O line would have allowed them to run the ball more, offer better pass protection, so we wouldn't have noticed a difference at all...

• Fire 1

Yep, you're free to believe a healthy o line could have somehow stopped interceptions, other unforced fumbles, and the defense giving up 5+ touchdowns in both of those games. I had no idea our o line was that good.

Well, a healthy O line would have allowed them to run the ball more, offer better pass protection, so we wouldn't have noticed a difference at all...

Incorrect, many of the fumbles had nothing to do with the o line. It was just sloppy play, which has been a constant even with a healthy o line.

Unless it started working, at which time Beck would have started chucking the ball all over the field.

• Fire 1