Players leaving rumor

I heard a story on Moss about a week ago. I PM'd PaulCrewe to see if he knew anything about it, but he didn't so I figured I better just not say anything public. What I heard is that part of Moss' incident was that he couldn't go back to the dorms....well I guess he did to see his girlfriend and they got it on video. So I heard he was temporarily suspended from the University. Again, just what I heard. Hope Bo addresses it later today.

Seriously? Can't your gf come to see you? As good as a player as he is, it is coming off pretty noticeably that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, or just thinks he's entitled. Kid needs a wake up call.

I heard a story on Moss about a week ago. I PM'd PaulCrewe to see if he knew anything about it, but he didn't so I figured I better just not say anything public. What I heard is that part of Moss' incident was that he couldn't go back to the dorms....well I guess he did to see his girlfriend and they got it on video. So I heard he was temporarily suspended from the University. Again, just what I heard. Hope Bo addresses it later today.

Seriously? Can't your gf come to see you? As good as a player as he is, it is coming off pretty noticeably that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, or just thinks he's entitled. Kid needs a wake up call.

Let's wait to see what Bo says in the presser before we start to judge him too much. If I had to GUESS, I would say that he is suspended for bowl and on a very short leash going forward.

As for Afalava, I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer. Rumor has had it grades have made him ineligible most of the year (was a academic risk coming out of HS). And from what we have seen of him AND seen/heard of those we might have a few better options at LB.

Next Year:

FR- Walton (likely RS, but I love the kids film...lets hope LSU don't come calling)

RSFR- Newby (1st team offense raved about him...reminded them of a young Vonte David), Love (Scout team DPOY, also drew heavy praises)

Sophs- Gerry, Bando (would like to see him move out of MLB spot to get him on field with MRose), Rose (dude is a stud, will be in hunt for awards by time he done)

JR- Santos (played much better when moved to OLB)

SR- Zaire Anderson

** I will throw this out......... Can anyone name 1-2 All-Conference (in a BSC conference) or an All-American that has transferred from Nebraska ?

Harrison Beck...

I am sure you are right....but refresh my memory a bit.... Did he go to NC....and was he an All-Conference selection? I just don't remember seeing his name on any highlight clips on any sports station once he left.....and if even so, he would be 1 of many that have left..... Cody Green had an ok career at Tulsa, but not sure if he even started a lot his senior season...thought he may have been beaten out

** Although my question was to name 1 or 2.......so if Beck is correct..... You win Sir !

I don't think Beck was all anything. He sat behind Russell Wilson and his stats were miserable.

:lol:

Beck on the left

acc080816251.jpg

Holy crap - I suddenly don't feel so bad about NU's strength and conditioning program.

If the three in question are true, and they are leaving, it does no good for the arguments that:

-Bo makes these boys into quality men (Moss laying the snake on the table)

-HIs players graduate (Afalava has struggled with grades all year reportedly)

-Put your work in and you'll be rewarded (Cross)

-His recruiting classes will bear fruit (Losing Afalva and Moss will hurt, and Afalava was considered a good get)

If the three in question are true, and they are leaving, it does no good for the arguments that:

-Bo makes these boys into quality men (Moss laying the snake on the table) How many unsavory incidents do we typically have? Once again, we saw a very short leash with Thomas Brown and Ernest Suttles.

-HIs players graduate (Afalava has struggled with grades all year reportedly) And the other 84 players on scholarship mean nothing?

-Put your work in and you'll be rewarded (Cross) I got nothing here. Sometimes you just get beat out.

-His recruiting classes will bear fruit (Losing Afalva and Moss will hurt, and Afalava was considered a good get) Afalava was a good get. Sometimes thinks don't pan out. Also, don't forget he as well as the rest of the staff, said he was having some mental issues ON THE FIELD. Also recruiting classes are more than one player. Especially one that was on the fence as to whether he would make it or not to begin with. Zaire, Zo, Westerkamp, Rose, Valentine, etc are all still here aren't they?

More importantly, that's a lot of information to glean from 3 players leaving the program. Little hasty on your judgement, don't you think?

• Fire 3

I have a hard time believing that Imani is leaving. I would understand considering that sitting Newby and Taylor would be criminal. Maybe the staff is heading in that direction. Jared has all the talent but slacked in the weight/classroom. I'm not worried about losing a LB cause of the all the talent. Losing Moss is a big deal if true. I think he has the potential to be an all american. The good thing about that is McMullen is right there ready to take the position. All speculation until it comes out.

-Bo makes these boys into quality men (Moss laying the snake on the table) How many unsavory incidents do we typically have? Once again, we saw a very short leash with Thomas Brown and Ernest Suttles.

-HIs players graduate (Afalava has struggled with grades all year reportedly) And the other 84 players on scholarship mean nothing?

-Put your work in and you'll be rewarded (Cross) I got nothing here. Sometimes you just get beat out.

-His recruiting classes will bear fruit (Losing Afalva and Moss will hurt, and Afalava was considered a good get) Afalava was a good get. Sometimes thinks don't pan out. Also, don't forget he as well as the rest of the staff, said he was having some mental issues ON THE FIELD. Also recruiting classes are more than one player. Especially one that was on the fence as to whether he would make it or not to begin with. Zaire, Zo, Westerkamp, Rose, Valentine, etc are all still here aren't they?

More importantly, that's a lot of information to glean from 3 players leaving the program. Little hasty on your judgement, don't you think?

This is a hypothetical discussion, obviously, but those three players leaving would be bad. Especially considering all three were all usually high cards played in the "look towards the future" argument regarding Bo Pelini's job status or the direction of the program.