Players leaving rumor

** I will throw this out......... Can anyone name 1-2 All-Conference (in a BSC conference) or an All-American that has transferred from Nebraska ?

Harrison Beck...

Can't remember if it was Harrison or not but who was the kid who signed then transferred because his mom was mad he wasn't getting a lot of playing time or was upset he was going to have to compete for the starting position and wound up at some Ivy League school and was horrible? Seem to remember it was that kid from Florida?

Patrick Witt? Transfered to Yale...sucked there...

How in the world would you succeed at Yale?

Incorrect, many of the fumbles had nothing to do with the o line. It was just sloppy play, which has been a constant even with a healthy o line.

So, in being the arbiter of all things football, what could have been done to win both those games?

Run the ball. Don't turn the ball over.

The same formula that other teams use to beat us.

I was just busting your balls man. Beck does tend to go away from the run once we start getting it going, you must be able to admit that.

Incorrect, many of the fumbles had nothing to do with the o line. It was just sloppy play, which has been a constant even with a healthy o line.

So, in being the arbiter of all things football, what could have been done to win both those games?

I was just busting your balls man. Beck does tend to go away from the run once we start getting it going, you must be able to admit that.

Thats what I've been saying for eons...

Why Beck needs to be jettisoned ASAP...

Up until this year I was really high on Beck. Now I'm undecided. I can see a guy with a lot of potential that just isn't there yet. I also see the 'being multiple' thing being a problem. I think the guy could be a great coordinator some day, but he's further away than I thought he was.

Up until this year I was really high on Beck. Now I'm undecided. I can see a guy with a lot of potential that just isn't there yet. I also see the 'being multiple' thing being a problem. I think the guy could be a great coordinator some day, but he's further away than I thought he was.

Beck is Shawn Watson Lite...

This year I was hoping Beck would pull his head out of his ass, but as we have all seen, that has not happened...

NUPolo, sure the excuse of players not being healthy has been a VALID reason why we are where we are at. The problem is, all 3 of these players that are rumored to leave, aren't in any of the positions where we were having issues at. The biggest loss would be Avery Moss.

Imani Cross would hurt, just for the depth part, but lets me honest, were you AT ALL impressed with him? I expected a HUGE year from him, but I ate crow. I came to realize that this guy has absolutely no field vision, can't find a hole on the line if his life depended on it, and he makes contact with our OL before the defense even gets to him. I admire the sweat, tears and blood he has poured here, and what he has done off the field. BUT, if he were to leave, best of luck to him. He will be missed, but he won't be a huge loss, IMO.

Afalava, he would hurt our line of depth. He has shown promise this year, but at the same time, he hasn't shown enough to say he will be a huge loss. We have a lot of the same potential with other kids. Plenty of depth at this position to worry about a RSF leaving to be honest.

Also, since when has 3 YOUNG players, been the "future" of this program? We have a ton of talent coming in who can/might fill those spots with ease. Bo never stated "Moss, Cross and Afalava are the future of this program". He has simply stated that the direction of the program and the kids that are on the roster are the future, and from what I have seen on defense, you can't argue with that at all.

• Fire 1

Imani Cross--yes, the guy impresses me. The guy apparently brings a great work ethic to the table, and clearly puts in his work in the weight room. He hits the o line before the hole? Why doesn't the o line perceived badness excuse come into play here. If you ask me, the guy hasn't been put even remotely close into a chance where he could succeed this year. Every time he comes in, it's painfully obvious what is about to happen. And the fumbling problem is far from solely his.

Afalava was touted non-stop as one of the showpieces for one of Bo's best recruiting classes to date, guaranteed to bring nearly instant results, and assuage all Bo Pelini angst. Now he's washed out in less than a year. Why does this keep happening? It may "happen everywhere", but everywhere seems to either handle it better or take necessary steps to make sure the next man up is actually ready and capable. I know how this story ends, losses like these tend to linger in Bo Pelini programs for multiple years.

Then there's Moss. IF he's off the team and IF it's because he couldn't stop from some pretty questionable behavior! then it cements that Bo is willing to overlook a few "character flaws for then greater good", which is cool, but it means we can end the fable that Bo Pelini is some paragon of doing things the right way above all else.

And young people at positions are the very definition of the "future of the program". I watched the defense too, I see some talent with some very glaring and alarming red flags all over the place.

Imani Cross--yes, the guy impresses me. The guy apparently brings a great work ethic to the table, and clearly puts in his work in the weight room. He hits the o line before the hole? Why doesn't the o line perceived badness excuse come into play here. If you ask me, the guy hasn't been put even remotely close into a chance where he could succeed this year. Every time he comes in, it's painfully obvious what is about to happen. And the fumbling problem is far from solely his.

Afalava was touted non-stop as one of the showpieces for one of Bo's best recruiting classes to date, guaranteed to bring nearly instant results, and assuage all Bo Pelini angst. Now he's washed out in less than a year. Why does this keep happening? It may "happen everywhere", but everywhere seems to either handle it better or take necessary steps to make sure the next man up is actually ready and capable. I know how this story ends, losses like these tend to linger in Bo Pelini programs for multiple years.

Then there's Moss. IF he's off the team and IF it's because he couldn't stop from some pretty questionable behavior! then it cements that Bo is willing to overlook a few "character flaws for then greater good", which is cool, but it means we can end the fable that Bo Pelini is some paragon of doing things the right way above all else.

And young people at positions are the very definition of the "future of the program". I watched the defense too, I see some talent with some very glaring and alarming red flags all over the place.

Little Ameer can find holes, but big bad Imani can't? Come on man. Like I said, I admire what he has, but he isn't the great back that he has been expected to be, Imani has been in many positions this year to make plays. All 80+ carries of his weren't on short downs. Yes, he hits his OL first. This has NOTHING to do with "how bad the OL is", it has to do with his poor field vision, and inability to see the holes develop and hit them when they are there. He has no patience, something Ameer has. This is why Ameer is so successful. He is patient, he doesn't get the ball and run forward like Imani, he waits and works behind his OL, and when he sees a gap, he hits it hard.

Afalava's grades, if that is the reason, are solely his fault. Roach, Rose, Love, Bandares and Gerry got talked about WAY more than Afalava did. Bo and company never said that Afalava was one of the few people to come in and make an impact right away. If I remember it correctly, he said there are a group of young LBers who could come in and make an immediate impact. Afalava was one of them for a short time. It sucks to lose Afalava, but its not the end of the program and its quite dishonest to say it ruins it by any means. Your statement "I now how this story ends, losses like these tend to linger in Bo Pelini programs for multiple years.", is true to a certain point, but you also neglect that last year was Bo's last year with his first recruiting class, which we can all admit, lacked a lot of talent. There is depth at each and every position now, something we have never had in Bo's tenure.

Moss, its one incodent, Bo gave him a second chance. IF the kid showed himself again, then I am sure he will be gone. That somehow is the rumor, but the rumor being more favorable, is him entering a dorm that he wasn't allowed to be in. You kick a kid off the team for that? Come on. Suspend for a game or two, sure. "but it means we can end the fable that Bo Pelini is some paragon of doing things the right way above all else." So far, Bo is doing everything by the books. The kid hasn't been convicted of anything, so therefore nothing has been done on Bo's end. Would it even be fair to suspend the kid for something that happened half a year earlier? Put the kid on a short leash, and if he violates it in a big way, then do something about it.

• Fire 1

The next man up is/will be more ready and capable then what Afalava produced.

Please go read his thread from 2012 recruiting. There is 10x's the talk about his academic problems then there is about what you are claiming.

Little Ameer can find holes, but big bad Imani can't? Come on man. Like I said, I admire what he has, but he isn't the great back that he has been expected to be, Imani has been in many positions this year to make plays. All 80+ carries of his weren't on short downs. Yes, he hits his OL first. This has NOTHING to do with "how bad the OL is", it has to do with his poor field vision, and inability to see the holes develop and hit them when they are there. He has no patience, something Ameer has. This is why Ameer is so successful. He is patient, he doesn't get the ball and run forward like Imani, he waits and works behind his OL, and when he sees a gap, he hits it hard.

Afalava's grades, if that is the reason, are solely his fault. Roach, Rose, Love, Bandares and Gerry got talked about WAY more than Afalava did. Bo and company never said that Afalava was one of the few people to come in and make an impact right away. If I remember it correctly, he said there are a group of young LBers who could come in and make an immediate impact. Afalava was one of them for a short time. It sucks to lose Afalava, but its not the end of the program and its quite dishonest to say it ruins it by any means. Your statement "I now how this story ends, losses like these tend to linger in Bo Pelini programs for multiple years.", is true to a certain point, but you also neglect that last year was Bo's last year with his first recruiting class, which we can all admit, lacked a lot of talent. There is depth at each and every position now, something we have never had in Bo's tenure.

Moss, its one incodent, Bo gave him a second chance. IF the kid showed himself again, then I am sure he will be gone. That somehow is the rumor, but the rumor being more favorable, is him entering a dorm that he wasn't allowed to be in. You kick a kid off the team for that? Come on. Suspend for a game or two, sure. "but it means we can end the fable that Bo Pelini is some paragon of doing things the right way above all else." So far, Bo is doing everything by the books. The kid hasn't been convicted of anything, so therefore nothing has been done on Bo's end. Would it even be fair to suspend the kid for something that happened half a year earlier? Put the kid on a short leash, and if he violates it in a big way, then do something about it.

From what I've heard, Moss may not be within Bo's control. He may be thrown completely out of school because of his transgressions.

All of our losses with the exception of maybe UCLA had nothing to do with depth, lack of talent, youth, injuries, etc. It was because the same damn ridiculous problems reared their ugly heads again. The same ridiculous problems we've been seeing for 6 years now. No matter how much Bo improves talent, depth, S&C, this program is never getting over the hump until he figures out how to instill sound, basic football into these guys.

I don't disagree with the overall point you are making but the Michigan St. loss was influenced by young. The game was decided by 5 turnovers all committed by freshman. 2 fumbles and a pick by Armstrong, a fumble by Newby and a fumble by Westerkamp. Maybe you weren't considering those problems created by youth but fundamentals problems, but I think it is fair to say that the coaches haven't had as much time to instill those fundamentals in such young players.