Players leaving rumor

any update on moss?

My understanding is it's really up to him. Heard he doesn't really like it here, at least not the LPD. But hell, keep your willy in your pants dude. Guess it's okay to walk around with your willy out in Arizona.

Nice! But nope, definitely not. The local PD tends to frown on that here too.

I'd say the birthplace of the undies run is a little more liberal with their stance on indecency than Lincoln.

any update on moss?

My understanding is it's really up to him. Heard he doesn't really like it here, at least not the LPD. But hell, keep your willy in your pants dude. Guess it's okay to walk around with your willy out in Arizona.

Wonder if any of him not liking it has to do with his cousin leaving?

It always boggles my mind when a player comes in, works for a year or two to get playing time. Then, right when they are on the cusp of major playing time, they decide they don't like it and leave.

Kids do strange things.

Key word is bolded. They are still kids to a point. That is where parents/guardians have to come in. These kids get off too easy. My parents would have said, you're staying, you gave your word, now grow up, be a man and be your best. And they would have then said, if you do decide to leave don't bother coming home.

Afalava not too surprising. I think he has really good potential but seemed to have a hard time putting it all together. Would like to have him back but I think he's gone.

Losing Moss would suck. Has anyone heard if there's more going on? I had someone tell me he had an unrelated "incident" back in Arizona but I've only heard it once and no one has said anything on here. Just curious if there might be something else going on.

The coaches don't seem to be in a mad rush to add another DE to this class so maybe they aren't that concerned about losing him. Or maybe he is planning on being back next semester.

I think that's because we have a beast of a redshirt freshman in McMullen and we have others like Natter, Mixon, and Vestal along with our incoming JUCO Keels and incoming Darius Slade. Don't forget that "has-a-motor-that-won't-quit" Mick Stoltenberg who dominated 4 and 5 star competition in camps this past year is also an experienced defensive end.

I'd say we are pretty well stocked in that department.

Mixon didn't qualify academically and Vestal is done playing due to medical issues. Without those 2, I certainly wouldn't say we are well stocked. Also seems like the coaches have been pushing quite a bit to get another DE to commit, IMO.

The coaches don't seem to be in a mad rush to add another DE to this class so maybe they aren't that concerned about losing him. Or maybe he is planning on being back next semester.

I think that's because we have a beast of a redshirt freshman in McMullen and we have others like Natter, Mixon, and Vestal along with our incoming JUCO Keels and incoming Darius Slade. Don't forget that "has-a-motor-that-won't-quit" Mick Stoltenberg who dominated 4 and 5 star competition in camps this past year is also an experienced defensive end.

I'd say we are pretty well stocked in that department.

Mixon didn't qualify academically and Vestal is done playing due to medical issues. Without those 2, I certainly wouldn't say we are well stocked. Also seems like the coaches have been pushing quite a bit to get another DE to commit, IMO.

I think we have enough to absorb one DE leaving to be honest...even though we lost Mixon and Suttles. We have a good class shaping up in 2014 for DE http://www.huskermax...ruits/2014.html

I agree 2014 is shaping up nicely and we should be okay next year. Where the concern lies is if we start to see linemen dropping like flies like we did with the o-line this year.

I agree 2014 is shaping up nicely and we should be okay next year. Where the concern lies is if we start to see linemen dropping like flies like we did with the o-line this year.

And depending on true freshman is always a gamble.

I don't see any true freshmen starting. If Moss doesn't come back Slade might get some time and maybe Mosley but other than that I think there won't be many on the two-deep.

And depending on true freshman is always a gamble.

I don't see any true freshmen starting. If Moss doesn't come back Slade might get some time and maybe Mosley but other than that I think there won't be many on the two-deep.

Hopefully Natter and Keels will establish themselves and let Slade RS.

Hopefully Natter and Keels will establish themselves and let Slade RS.

Yeah, I would think that is likely. Even with Moss gone you have Gregory and McMullen or Keels starting with Natter filling in. I would think Slade would be in for a RS barring him totally tearning people up or the dreaded injury bug.