Media access and Nebraska Football

NUpolo8

Pretty sure "he's done it" and "he refuses to" do it are contradictory.

Did you miss this part . . . ?

Yep. Would anyone actually be surprised if Bo . . . refuses to make coaching changes?

Zoogies is referring to what has happened so far. I was referring to the future.

Those aren't contradictory.

So refusing to make coaching changes fits him perfectly even though he's made coaching changes before?

Yes.

Contributing sure, but as a whole the class is still not good enough to get us anything else in the trophy room. We still lose out on lots of players to other schools, sometimes lesser schools (Hello Kentucky)

Probably because they are redshirt freshmen or true sophomores

I think they are all RS Freshman. I don't think we played any true freshman last year, but I could be wrong.

Imani is and I thought there was a DL who played last year, Curry I believe.

Imani, Curry and Janovich are the three that I have down.

Gerry, Banderas, and Newby are all true freshman i believe.

I recently listened to 1620 The Zone where Severe (sp?) and Bishop were discussing this topic (Bo deciding no media access to assistant coaches) and Severe said that this was a smart move-that most NFL teams did this and that this made sense (as Bo has this NFL background). Severe said that the assistant coaches should continue to be involved in Big Red Breakfast, charity events but otherwise let Bo be the 'microphone'. Did anyone else catch this?

Bishop was totally the opposite. He said that this would hurt Husker football. As I listened to it, I wondered if it makes a difference whether you are a native Nebraskan (Bishop) vs someone who isn't (Severe is from Louisianna) Does that make a difference?

Maybe Bo is deciding to do this so he won't have to 'clean up' any media messes (other than his own)? Whatever he decides, someone at NU needs to teach Bo how to respond to the media. It woudn't be difficult. They just need to provide him with a series of scripts that he could go to no matter what the question (or how stupid the question!). Frankly, there aren't that many questions that sports reporters usually ask. Bo does alright a day or so after a game. Where he has a problem is at halftime or right after a game (especially if we lose).

Whatever he decides, someone at NU needs to teach Bo how to respond to the media.

Apparently Pelini's current or previous bosses were not that concerned about how Pelini interacts with the media. My personal perspective as a fan is I have no issue with how Pelini interacts with the media......it's a non issue.

• 1 month later...

Contributing sure, but as a whole the class is still not good enough to get us anything else in the trophy room. We still lose out on lots of players to other schools, sometimes lesser schools (Hello Kentucky)

I like how you are willing to say this after their RS freshman year. Three more years to play and youre already saying they aren't good enough to win the B1G. Wow.

Id like to revisit this thread in three years.

And youre never going to be 100% in getting the players you want. Alabama even loses out to other schools and in their case, every team is a lesser school.

Did I go into hibernation and miss 2.75 years?

If he knows what he's doing and it shows, even detractors like myself will enjoy having a tougher, more relevant Husker team. That's all we're really asking, right?

Exactly. I'd be ecstatic if Bo proves his detractors (me included) wrong. The problem is that it becomes less likely as we see more and more of his body of work.

Yeah, no kidding. An 11 win season would please me. Hell, so would a bowl win.

Interesting.