**** What Did We Learn ****

Beck is absolutely in way over his head. He has no idea how to manage the game.

Wrong. The guy called a great game, save for one or two plays. Some people never want to stop complaining.

Way to cherry pick my comments. I gave a good sound example of bad game management directly after what you quoted from me. I'm not complaining just giving my honest opinion.

Beck had some great calls, no question. But passing on 3rd and 6 with 3:30 left instead of rushing to kill the clock even if you dont pickup the first proved he doesnt grasp the management role yet.

That was questionable, and it was 3rd and only 4 not 6. I don't understand how the ball is not in your best player's hands in that situation. Give it to Ameer and let him make a play. As my grandpa always said, you dance with the one that brought you.

Beck had some great calls, no question. But passing on 3rd and 6 with 3:30 left instead of rushing to kill the clock even if you dont pickup the first proved he doesnt grasp the management role yet.

That was questionable, and it was 3rd and only 4 not 6. I don't understand how the ball is not in your best player's hands in that situation. Give it to Ameer and let him make a play. As my grandpa always said, you dance with the one that brought you.

4 yards is even more clear you call the run. Like I said, even if your short, you still killed a minute or more by the time they get the ball back.

• Fire 1

1. Bo deserves some credibility for this win and the defensive turnaround this season.

2. Abdullah is the best back we've seen since Ahman Green.

3. We are going to miss Quincy Enunwa. (Spelling?)

4. WR need work with the hands.

5. QB's and receiving corps need to work together this off-season on timing. Coaches can't do everything for you.

6. Armstrong is a gamer.

7. Staff changes are needed. (See below)

8. This win was a huge boost for next season.

Beck is absolutely in way over his head. He has no idea how to manage the game. You don't call a play that can stop the clock on 3rd down like that. Run the ball.

A: It's four yards. You might pick up the first down.

B: Make them burn a timeout.

C: You burn another 40 seconds off the clock.

Special Teams are an absolute disaster. Hand the responsibility off to someone else.

TE's were disappointing this year. That needs to be evaluated.

This team has a ton of talent coming back next year. We are a consistent offense and cleaner special teams away from being a top 10 team.

ST is non-existent. We don't set up a punt return nor attempt to block them. That phase of the game is completely lost on this staff. Our punting needs to dramatically improve as well.

TE's are eligible receivers. I wish that Beck would realize this. We have had some with huge potential ie Reed, McNeill etc.... and none have panned out. They get completely lost in this jeckyll/hyde offense we run. They could be HUGE. UGA's TE caught almost 1/3 of his season total today, in one game and we really had no answer. He catches that one at the end and we lose.

Great win against a pre-season top 5 SEC team. Weather, injuries or what ever excuse people want to throw out, we beat them in basically their back yard. Again, great win. We really have the potential to be very good on D. Just need to realize that TE's are our kryptonite as are the RB wheel routes from the back field.

A perfect way to enter the off season IMO.

that's the point though. people complain about us not playing to win the game, but playing not to lose. then you have an opportunity to keep the ball and finish the game, so you take the chance. the run would have got stuffed, they were selling out to stop it, that is why there were two wide receivers wide open. ta can make that throw, he just did not there. it was the right call if you want coaches who call games to win and not just to not lose.

• Fire 2

1. For a second, we were about to go an entire season w/o beating a ranked team.

2. Ready for Marcus Newby and Courtney Love's appearance next year

3. Randy needs to get stronger, i wish he can hit 265 lbs by the start of the '14 season

4. We still gave up over 400 yards (320 yds in the air), need to work on adding speed to the DB position by next season

5. Team was very disciplined today, only 1 TO, not by Ameer.

6. O-line did great. Wish those seniors well

7. Thad Randle played his butt off. Watch the film of him vs Minn and him today and you will notice a massive difference. Hope he lands somewhere in the NFL

8. Offensive play calls were mediocre, but i'll take the win

That's part of Bo's system...bend don't break.

Thad played one whale of a game, but he isn't an NFL player.

I liked the game Beck called besides the 3rd and 4 on last drive.

I didn't get to watch the game, just listened to most of it on the radio. I have to ask because I never really heard this play being called... did they ever try and have Armstrong run the option? I know over this year he's shown to be outstanding with that play, so I'm wondering if they just decided Georgia's defense was too fast to try it, or if they just didn't add it to their playbook this game for some reason.

I didn't get to watch the game, just listened to most of it on the radio. I have to ask because I never really heard this play being called... did they ever try and have Armstrong run the option? I know over this year he's shown to be outstanding with that play, so I'm wondering if they just decided Georgia's defense was too fast to try it, or if they just didn't add it to their playbook this game for some reason.

They did run it some. Worked pretty good a few times. Got stuffed a couple other times.

4 yards is even more clear you call the run. Like I said, even if your short, you still killed a minute or more by the time they get the ball back.

Beck still seems oblivious to these:

1) Setting up one play to run another

2) Calling plays/tempo to better manage the clock

3) Calling plays that will help the D ie eat the clock to allow them to rest

4) Calling plays to the strength of the team

5) Great calls with wrong personnel ie shuffle pass to Newby. I know he was completely over looked by D, BUT it was his first play of the bowl with the game basically on the line

6) He is barely a jack of all trades and is a master of none. We need an identity IMO

7) The TE's can actually catch passes

Beck still seems oblivious to these:

1) Setting up one play to run another

2) Calling plays/tempo to better manage the clock

3) Calling plays that will help the D ie eat the clock to allow them to rest

4) Calling plays to the strength of the team

5) Great calls with wrong personnel ie shuffle pass to Newby. I know he was completely over looked by D, BUT it was his first play of the bowl with the game basically on the line

6) He is barely a jack of all trades and is a master of none. We need an identity IMO

7) The TE's can actually catch passes

you make it sound like we didn't score a point.

that's the point though. people complain about us not playing to win the game, but playing not to lose. then you have an opportunity to keep the ball and finish the game, so you take the chance. the run would have got stuffed, they were selling out to stop it, that is why there were two wide receivers wide open. ta can make that throw, he just did not there. it was the right call if you want coaches who call games to win and not just to not lose.

More often than not TA in that situation has not come up big. The run could have worked, they were exhausted on D. A double was churning up yards. Im all for playing for the win but gambling like that was not the right call. A pick gives them the game. An incompletion stops the clock and gives them life which it did. When your 8-4 on the year and have dropped 3 straight bowls, you try to take the lead and the clock with you. Anything but a catch could have given them the game. We were fortunate.

More often than not TA in that situation has not come up big. The run could have worked, they were exhausted on D. A double was churning up yards. Im all for playing for the win but gambling like that was not the right call. A pick gives them the game. An incompletion stops the clock and gives them life which it did. When your 8-4 on the year and have dropped 3 straight bowls, you try to take the lead and the clock with you. Anything but a catch could have given them the game. We were fortunate.

For all the complaints with S&C (I have some issues with it) we seemed much fresher at the end. Their DL was worn down and a strong dose of AA would have broken them IMO

laugh out loud.

unbelievable cognitive dissonance.