Will the Big 10 Go 1- 6? I Hope!

So the Big Ten goes 2-5(7), conference looks terrible again even with the Rose Bowl and our upset. Not going to get any respect until the conference wins multiple big games.

Terrible? How so? You realize all but two bowl games were against further ranked, and more talented teams right?

Wisconsin was neck and neck with a REALLY talented South Carolina team. They only lost by 10 while LOSING their starting QB.

UNRANKED Iowa lost by ONE score to a #16 LSU team.

Michigan St, an UNDERDOG beat Stanford.

Nebraska ANOTHER underdog beat Georgia

tOSU loses to a VERY good Clemson team by only 5 points.

Michigan loses to KSU, which would be embarrassing if Gardner was playing, but we all know he is their whole offense. Gardner in, that game is completely different.

Minnesota was just embarrassing.

Then again.... its apparent you don't want this conference to succeed, so I am unsure why I am even replying to this. Its a little tougher to win games when your being put against far more talented teams. I for one, think we did VERY well and the gap between the two conferences isn't that far apart. You see 2/6, but your not reading between the lines, just the header.

Adam Rittenberg: We've seen that leagues don't get respect for being competitive in bowls. It comes down to wins and losses. Two BCS wins would help the Big Ten's perception, but you're not going to get many points for Iowa and Wisconsin. I thought Wisconsin had a really bad game, actually. Poor end to the season.

So because the media rides the c$%k of the SEC, I have to go with it? I am sorry, I can make my own mind up on how I think things went. The SEC was given lower ranked/talented teams in bowl games, and so far, they were played to the end by each one of them.

Each team in green, is matched up against a "lesser" quality team.

A&M almost loses to Duke

Alabama gets rolled by OU,

Mizzou beats tOSU. Credit given since it was to another ranked team.

Ole Miss vs GT... good win, but ok team vs ok team.

11-2 #9 South Carolina team beats an under matched #19 Wisconsin team by only 10, with their starting QB missing the end of the game.

#16 LSU beats an unranked Iowa team by only 7 points

I am sorry, but count me as unimpressed.

I know in my bvraim that I'm s'posed to root for our current conference, but after spending most of my formative years pissed off at the B-10 for usually being over rated, I find that if I don't concentrate real hard, I instinctively root for our old Big-8 brothers in head to head

So the Big Ten goes 2-5(7), conference looks terrible again even with the Rose Bowl and our upset. Not going to get any respect until the conference wins multiple big games. The bowl lineup changes next season to have more ACC and Pac 12 match ups but I don't think it will help.

Close games don't earn respect, wins do.

Adam Rittenberg: We've seen that leagues don't get respect for being competitive in bowls. It comes down to wins and losses. Two BCS wins would help the Big Ten's perception, but you're not going to get many points for Iowa and Wisconsin. I thought Wisconsin had a really bad game, actually. Poor end to the season.

please.gif

Florida State 51 Clemson 14

Now I don't know if that says more about Clemson or FSU. Guess we find out Monday night.

I said very good, not the best...

the Big 10 has gone 2-5 in two straight bowl seasons dude. Pretty stellar I guess?

And you don't think its because they aren't matched against teams above their level? All 4 of those top games were, again, against teams above their level Only one to walk away with the W, was Northwestern. Outside of that, each one of those games were fought tooth and nail. With being ranked against the "TOP DOGS", WI, NU and UM should have been throttled.

Stanford/Wisconsin- We all know Wisconsin wouldn't have been there if PSU or tOSU were eligible, and they were a COMPLETE underdog. But... only lost by 6 points to the #7 team in the country.

Northwestern going in as an underdog to Mississippi State and getting a win

#10 (11-2) South Carolina against a 5 loss Michigan team. UM only losing by 5 points that went all the way down to the wire.

Nebraska facing the #7 Georgia team, who was also the SEC East champs and BARELY lost to the #1 team in the nation.

Oklahoma State taking on Purdue... really? Everyone knew this outcome. Call this whatever you want.

Michigan State beats TCU. Evenly matched team.

Minnesota loses to Texas Tech. Evenly matched team.

For us being such a sh**ty conference, we sure can hang with the best in the country.

Florida State 51 Clemson 14

Now I don't know if that says more about Clemson or FSU. Guess we find out Monday night.

I said very good, not the best...

the Big 10 has gone 2-5 in two straight bowl seasons dude. Pretty stellar I guess?

And you don't think its because they aren't matched against teams above their level? All 4 of those top games were, again, against teams above their level Only one to walk away with the W, was Northwestern. Outside of that, each one of those games were fought tooth and nail. With being ranked against the "TOP DOGS", WI, NU and UM should have been throttled.

Stanford/Wisconsin- We all know Wisconsin wouldn't have been there, and was a COMPLETE underdog. But... only lost by 6 points to the #7 team in the country.

Northwestern going in as an underdog to Mississippi State and getting a win

#10 (11-2) South Carolina against a 5 loss Michigan team. UM only losing by 5 points that went all the way down to the wire.

Nebraska facing the #7 Georgia team, who was also the SEC East champs and BARELY lost to the #1 team in the nation.

Oklahoma State taking on Purdue... really? Everyone knew this outcome. Call this whatever you want.

Michigan State beats TCU. Evenly matched team.

Minnesota loses to Texas Tech. Evenly matched team.

So your argument is that it's unfair that we have to play SEC teams because they're better than our teams? I hate to break it to you, but the SEC teams are usually all rated highly. We have to play someone in our bowl games right?