Will the Big 10 Go 1- 6? I Hope!

So your argument is that it's unfair that we have to play SEC teams because they're better than our teams? I hate to break it to you, but the SEC teams are usually all rated highly. We have to play someone in our bowl games right?

No, I think your completely missing my point. We may be 2-6, but its not like we are getting blown out. Even with tne B1G teams facing the ALMIGHTY SEC teams, they are neck and neck with them. I would rather play the best, than get an easy bowl game. I don't read into the over all record as much as others do. I actually watch the games and know how close in talent we are against teams above our level.

Next year the Holiday Bowl replaces the Gator Bowl as the 4th selection in the Big Ten, so you would be playing an Arizona State/UCLA level team next season instead of a Georgia/A&M type SEC team. Still think the Big Ten would be underdogs in that game also, I believe Big Ten schools are 7-21 in road games against the PAC 12 since 2000. The Fight Hunger Bowl is also being added to the lineup as a lower tier bowl against another PAC 12 opponent.

no-effin-way.gif

Next year the Holiday Bowl replaces the Gator Bowl as the 4th selection in the Big Ten, so you would be playing an Arizona State/UCLA level team next season instead of a Georgia/A&M type SEC team. Still think the Big Ten would be underdogs in that game also, I believe Big Ten schools are 7-21 in road games against the PAC 12 since 2000. The Fight Hunger Bowl is also being added to the lineup as a lower tier bowl against another PAC 12 opponent.

url-1.gif

Listen up, naysayers!! We only lost five of seven games because we were matched against up against better opponents, not because we weren't as good!

EyL80jr.jpg

NOM NOM NOM

I would have had a full box of these damn Nilla wafers had it not been for the Ambien I took on Wednesday. Apparently i got up went down stairs and ate a whole box with a quart of milk. Didn't believe my wife until I came down Thursday morning and saw the crumbs on the couch. I miss enjoying my Nilla wafers:(

LOL. There have been several instances where recruits turn us down because they want to play at the highest level possible, in their minds the SEC. If the big ten wins these SEC matchups, it would definitely change the minds of some recruits and overall help us in recruiting

Like AlESPNbama who got demolished by OU? Or Georgia who couldn't beat Nebraska with their back-up playing our back-up? Or a ranked LSU team that barely beat an unranked Iowa team? Wow...what a super-conference they are lol

Meh, virtually every game was lost by 1 score or won by 1 score, if anything most conferences are on par with each other, then again if they played all their games in Big territory those 1 score losses might have been 1 score wins. Either way judging score wise conferences seem to be virtually the same quality wise throughout the whole country.