Positive 2014 USAToday Preview

So...every years' prediction is supposed to reflect past seasons?

That's not at all what I said. What I said was in response to the "I get no respect" meme, Nebraska has been rated plenty of times over the last few years, including a gift of a #25 rating before the Minnesota game. And then they promptly went out and lost to Minnesota. So... yea. Nebraska gets plenty of respect and pollsters are quick to put Nebraska in the top 25.

And just remember ................. Auburn played for it all this year while starting the season unranked and unrespected. I'll get my giblets in an uproar when NU goes 11-1 or undefeated next year and doesn't make the playoffs. I guarantee you anywhere from 1-3 teams will be left out of legitimate contention with this particular style of playoff formatting. Even with Dr. Tom on the selection committee.

Positive Negative 2014 ESPN preview.

See ESPN Too Early

Nebraska: NR

and CBSSports too

http://athlonsports....all-top-25-2014

Nebraska: NR, again

Um... Nebraska has received plenty of respect the last few years, and promptly blown it.

ah, this thread is "2014 ......" . Not past seasons.

Nebraska has received plenty of respect the last few years

not anymore i.e. ESPN, CBSSports, Athlon, etc

Um... Nebraska has received plenty of respect the last few years, and promptly blown it.

ah, this thread is "2014 ......" . Not past seasons.

So a team's past success/failure isn't supposed to go into their 2014 ranking? Then why are people upset about Florida being ranked?

See ESPN Too Early

and CBSSports too

rodney-dangerfield-quotes2.jpg

You are correct, sir.

Nebraska has been given the benefit of the doubt by ESPN and others for Pelini's tenure. Each season is the season that Nebraska returns to prominence.

But each year we drift to the bottom or out of the rankings, based on actual performance.

Prognosticators have every reason to feel burned by Nebraska.

I think it's probably good for this team to start the season unranked and disrespected. Bo hasn't exactly thrived under pressure, but he's good at getting the team to feel a chip on its shoulder.

The reason we are on the Most Overrated List is because a lot of voters simply vote college football's name brands instead of doing their homework.

Yet more evidence of the media's pro-Nebraska bias.

(Did I just blow your mind? )

See ESPN Too Early

and CBSSports too

rodney-dangerfield-quotes2.jpg

You are correct, sir.

Nebraska has been given the benefit of the doubt by ESPN and others for Pelini's tenure. Each season is the season that Nebraska returns to prominence.

But each year we drift to the bottom or out of the rankings, based on actual performance.

Prognosticators have every reason to feel burned by Nebraska.

I think it's probably good for this team to start the season unranked and disrespected. Bo hasn't exactly thrived under pressure, but he's good at getting the team to feel a chip on its shoulder.

The reason we are on the Most Overrated List is because a lot of voters simply vote college football's name brands instead of doing their homework.

Yet more evidence of the media's pro-Nebraska bias.

(Did I just blow your mind? )

The bottom of the rankings is just a revolving door. Parity has made 11-25 nearly meaningless. Also, rankings don't legitimately rank teams, they are a points system. The number one team loses a fluke? They drop to 8 or 9. Are they still the best team? Probably, but they get punished. It's not a real ranking system.

^^^Josey is gone and Gurley is not?

Georgia retains the two worst coordinators in CFB, the gruesome twosome of Bobo and Grantham. Should be worth at least a -10 deduction in spots.

Gotta argue with you on Bobo:

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/2013/12/mike-bobo-247sports-offensive-coordinator-of-the-year/

Mike Bobo of the Georgia Bulldogs has been named the 247Sports Offensive Coordinator of the Year for the 2013 season.........Bobo directed perhaps the most productive offense in UGA history this season. So far in 2013, the Bulldogs are averaging 38.2 points and 489.83 yards per game. Both of those numbers are higher than the records that were set in 2012 (37.8 and 467.64).

Pretty impressive numbers.

...nobody would argue with your labeling of Grantham...

I guess I spend more time around UGA fans listening to them talk than I do looking up Bobo's stats but I always got the feeling that 1. He was an idiot and 2. Everyone wanted him fired.

Atlanta Journal Consitution piece about him (though from '12)

"To a large contingent in the Bulldog nation, he is “Bobo the Buffoon” and “Mike Boo-Boo.” He’s characterized in fan forums and chatrooms as a dimwit who is overmatched weekly against the SEC’s powerful defensive minds."

Yea Schlabach (espn) lost all credibility when he put Florida in the top 25. While they may be better next year and get into the top 25, they certainly aren't deserving of starting in it.

This

Can't just put this trainwreck of a season on injuries. Surprised Mizzou was left off their list