Early synopsis for next year.

I convinced myself last year we would lose no more than 3 games. Iowa really hurt to attend. But here I am again thinking there is no way we lose 4 in 2014. I think we can beat Miami for sure. Out of MSU and Wiscy we lose one win one. Revenge against Minnysoda. Continuance of breaking purplecat hearts. Pummel the rest the OOC cans. Beat up Purdue pretty badly. Hell we should throttle Illinois too. Iowa wont see us coming, plus they always have bare cupboards by years end. I see at most two losses but if we tighten up 11-1.

Fresno State, Miami, Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin are all possible if not probable losses. We go no better than 4-1, no worse than 2-3, and most likely 3-2 in that stretch. Add in another loss to a team we should beat (Minnesota, Northwestern), and you're looking at a 9-3 regular season. Again.

I convinced myself last year we would lose no more than 3 games. Iowa really hurt to attend. But here I am again thinking there is no way we lose 4 in 2014. I think we can beat Miami for sure. Out of MSU and Wiscy we lose one win one. Revenge against Minnysoda. Continuance of breaking purplecat hearts. Pummel the rest the OOC cans. Beat up Purdue pretty badly. Hell we should throttle Illinois too. Iowa wont see us coming, plus they always have bare cupboards by years end. I see at most two losses but if we tighten up 11-1.

Fresno State, Miami, Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin are all possible if not probable losses. We go no better than 4-1, no worse than 2-3, and most likely 3-2 in that stretch. Add in another loss to a team we should beat (Minnesota, Northwestern), and you're looking at a 9-3 regular season. Again.

We. Will. Win 11. Games. In 2014.

I have a feeling that at the end of next year, a still sizable portion of the fanbase will be saying, "Next year is going to be a real make-or-break for Bo." Countered by another sizable portion arguing that Bo needs at least another 2-3.

I think it's basically either that or a B1G championship. Although, to be fair, that was what was said about this year.... :lol:

I don't think there is a make or break year. If Bo doesn't have anymore hidden audio tapes laying around, continues to win above 70% & runs a clean program. There is not a lot you can do without looking foolish.

This is the exact attitude that will prevent us from winning a championship. We were so abused during the Callahan years that we're just happy not to completely suck under Pelini. Content not to suck does not an elite program make.

Yoda had no faith in Luke Skywalker, either.

• Fire 1

Funny that "this sort of attitude" will keep us from winning championships was mentioned. What good do the people stating that we won't do anything better than 9-3 do to help us win a championship; what kind of "attitude" is that?

It's easier to just assume you will be disappointed than be optimistic I guess. I don't get it. I like to look forward to the upcoming season regardless of who the coach is and what the expectations are.

I don't get why folks think Stanton will start over Armstrong, when all they have seen of Stanton are his highlights.

In some ways, it's very similar to how fans always love the back-up quarterback. Stanton is one of those guys that has a lot of potential and impressed people in the past, but, you're absolutely right - there's not much else other than high school film to support what his skill level is. That and the words/opinions of people who have been following him. My argument, however, is let them battle it out in practice and lets save everything else for another day.

As of right now, Armstrong should be a clear favorite because of his in-game experience. But, that doesn't mean his job is secure at all. As I said up above, I think we have to have a QB that takes care of the ball better than TM did. That was a huge problem for our program the last few years. Plus, underclassmen have found a way to beat our upperclassmen before. It should be a really interesting fall camp. I think Armstrong realizes there's a player with pretty good potential behind him wanting that job.

Funny that "this sort of attitude" will keep us from winning championships was mentioned. What good do the people stating that we won't do anything better than 9-3 do to help us win a championship; what kind of "attitude" is that?

I mean the attitude from the administration. If the standards laid out at Nebraska are "Hey, just don't screw it up too badly and we'd never fire you because we are terrified of the alternative" and the administration acknowledges that coaches should be celebrated for 4-loss seasons as long as 9 wins are notched, then you get what you ask for.

An environment where conference championships are expected and a coach who doesn't get there in six seasons is on a make-or-break hotseat is closer to where Nebraska should be.

Fresno State, Miami, Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin are all possible if not probable losses.

lololololololol....

I don't get why folks think Stanton will start over Armstrong, when all they have seen of Stanton are his highlights.

In some ways, it's very similar to how fans always love the back-up quarterback. Stanton is one of those guys that has a lot of potential and impressed people in the past, but, you're absolutely right - there's not much else other than high school film to support what his skill level is. That and the words/opinions of people who have been following him. My argument, however, is let them battle it out in practice and lets save everything else for another day.

As of right now, Armstrong should be a clear favorite because of his in-game experience. But, that doesn't mean his job is secure at all. As I said up above, I think we have to have a QB that takes care of the ball better than TM did. That was a huge problem for our program the last few years. Plus, underclassmen have found a way to beat our upperclassmen before. It should be a really interesting fall camp. I think Armstrong realizes there's a player with pretty good potential behind him wanting that job.

I want someone to really seize the job, because TA didn't impress me last year. I hope he makes huge strides, or Stanton beats him out. QB play was a liability last year.

Just like the last few years we will be the kind of team that can beat anybody or lose to anybody. Should be fun.

That's not universally accepted as fun. They can go back to winning conference championships anytime they feel like. That's the expectation.

Yes I agree.

Fresno State, Miami, Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin are all possible if not probable losses.

lololololololol....

what' so funny about that? were you laughing after we almost lost to Wyoming and Northwestern or how bout Minnesota and Iowa losses?

lololololololol....

what' so funny about that? were you laughing after we almost lost to Wyoming and Northwestern or how bout Minnesota and Iowa losses?

Every team knows they can't take Northwestern for granted, and while Minnesota is a poor loss they're not the Minnesota everyone knew for the past decade. Wyoming is what it is, we didn't lose. We had a young team and an injured QB.

• Fire 1