Moss and Afalava status

Because it wasn't voluntary doesn't make it better. It probably makes it worse.

I never implied that it made it better. I was trying to convey that Osborne most likely didn't say something for Bo's sake but rather for his own.

Looking back at that incident, I have a hard time believing the tape incident was going to hurt Osborne's legacy. If anything, Osborne is intervening for Bo as a whole to protect his legacy as an AD. He already in the eyes of some made one poor coaching choice for a football coach, (to some, I don't want to kick up the 2,491,923rd Solich debate), and Bo failing wouldn't help that.

Gotta quit blaming Osborne for Solich. I dont care what kind of pull TO had and how high of a rec' he gave Byrne. In the end, it was not Osborne's decision to make. It was the AD's (Byrne's). He made the choice to go along with it. And to take it a step further, we as fans are too blame as well, having the naiveness to think we'd just continue to roll on as we were forever. Another part about blaming TO for Solich is that we ran Frank off at the first sign of trouble (all shenanigans and true reasons aside) and never gave it a chance to be corrected, when it appeared to be heading back in the right direction. As far as TO's other 3 major coaching hires (Erstad, Miles, Pelini) the jury is still out on all 3. Anyone who makes any judgement on those 3 positions and uses that judgement as any sort of tainting of TO's legacy is an idiot. Wait till the guys are done. Yes, Bo has been here 6 years now, but his tenure is not yet a failure, becuase it's not over yet.

So, because TO made a statement about something that happened while he was AD to clarify the history of the event, that means he has to step in repeatedly between the Admin and Bo?

Sorry......that's a huge jump.

so is blaming the admin for our issues on the field - but that's becoming a very common theme around here. da'skers minions - say it enough and it must be true right?

• Fire 2

So, because TO made a statement about something that happened while he was AD to clarify the history of the event, that means he has to step in repeatedly between the Admin and Bo?

Sorry......that's a huge jump.

No. The only thing most people don't get is that TO didn't state that the matter had been handled until after the current AD and Harvey made their statement. TO's statement was coming out. One way was how it went down. The other would have been in a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Because it wasn't voluntary doesn't make it better. It probably makes it worse.

I never implied that it made it better. I was trying to convey that Osborne most likely didn't say something for Bo's sake but rather for his own.

Looking back at that incident, I have a hard time believing the tape incident was going to hurt Osborne's legacy.

I'm still trying to determine how it has "hurt the program". That seemed to be everyone's main concern at the time.